Face Mask or Mouth Mask?

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by cml750, Oct 24, 2020.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

56,323 Messages
    24,528 Likes Received
    There is no proof of anything you say here. None.

kskboys likes this.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

56,323 Messages
    24,528 Likes Received
    If this is the case, which is not proven by any means, then the same issues face vaccines. It basically means that the virus is mutating and because of this, the vaccines will have to change as well.

Nobody wants to say this but I'll say it again, everybody is eventually getting this and people are going to die. That's just the way it is unfortunately.

MichaelWinicki and kskboys like this.
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

26,750 Messages
    5,683 Likes Received
    I don't discount it. I just don't think it is inevitably going to happen. You are essentially fear mongering about what could happen. If unilateral mandates were going to happen they would have happened already. Of course you keep saying that was the discussion, but that hasn't been the discussion for me. I merely was discussing your stances that masks are useless and don't work at all, which is why I shared the link that I did.

I never said masks were the primary factor that Japan has had success against the virus. I never even hinted at it. It is but one tool that they utilize. They are having success in Japan and I think it is wise to study what they are doing and masks are a part of it. I think it is wise to study any region that is having some form of success and also study the areas that are failing. Learn from all the experiences out there. That article pointed out that masks aren't perfect, but have some effectiveness. What more is there to say about it? Why deal in extremes? They aren't 100% effective, nor are they 0% effective. As long as it is greater than zero, then masks are a helpful tool to use.

DallasEast and kskboys like this.
  4. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

24,143 Messages
    26,316 Likes Received
    Now you're assigning thoughts and feelings to me that I do not have.

I think you don't understand what vaccines do.

5. kskboys

24,143 Messages
    26,316 Likes Received
    I have no problem w/ the promotion of wearing masks, and no problem wearing one when I go into crowded areas.

6. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

45,304 Messages
    30,234 Likes Received
    What is your definition or make-up of "crowded areas?".

7. ABQCOWBOY

56,323 Messages
    24,528 Likes Received
    Interesting. So a hypothetical. You have a gun in your home. If you leave it sitting on a table, loaded, with children in the house, those children may or may not pick that gun up and you may or may not have a horrible accident. Accidental Death isn't inevitable but, is it wise to discount the possibility?

Fear mongering? Your story you tell it. Don't forget to leave out the part about giving Government power that they don't ultimately use for it's worst possible effects because that's never happened right? They've never done that. Don't forget about the part where you talk about how deadly this virus is and how masks are saving so many lives. BTW, where are the numbers on that and how were those numbers ascertained again? Don't leave out the part about how we've lived on this planet for 6 million years and if something were going to happen that was bad, it would have happened already. But wait, what's this Covid 19 thing that's recently happened? Ops...........

For the record, you are making a lot of assumptions here. I never said masks don't work. You said that. I said that there was no scientific proof that they work, no studies that show they are effective against Covid. Anybody is welcome to introduce evidence to the contrary but as yet, all I've seen are a bunch of articles that show nothing. Articles that test particle spread but not specifically the virus. This Japanese article you tout, is no different. There is no scientific evidence supporting masks against Covid in that article that I saw. It's a mistake to infringe on the Rights of the people to accommodate this virus. The virus will eventually be overcome but what we do in the short term, that may not.

Lastly, what I said was that masks won't work and I think it's pretty clear that they won't. People are getting tired of this and once that happens, what are you gonna do? I've asked that question over and over and I've heard nobody stand up and say how you who think your mask rules are going save the world will handle that eventuality. I said this way back in March. Masks will not work and people will eventually get tired of this. So what are you gonna do when that day comes? What are you gonna do with the people who just flat won't do it anymore?

8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

35,836 Messages
    7,870 Likes Received
    I asked before, but if natural immunity doesn't work, why do you think a vaccine would? Vaccines just elicit an immune response from the body.

Jammer and kskboys like this.
  9. kskboys

24,143 Messages
    26,316 Likes Received
    Kind of a grey area, to be truthful. Maybe 10 or more people?

DallasEast likes this.
  10. DallasEast

45,304 Messages
    30,234 Likes Received
    It is a grey area for most people in my opinion. I wish public health authorities would (collectively) be more definitive about what they consider is a 'safe' maximum gathering of people.

11. kskboys

24,143 Messages
    26,316 Likes Received
    I wear my mask in the grocery store and any other store or restaurant I enter. Wore one at the funeral I attended Sunday. I do it out of respect for others.

12. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Moderator

46,761 Messages
    25,248 Likes Received
    Where was it posted "natural immunity did not work?"

13. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Moderator

46,761 Messages
    25,248 Likes Received
    Oh I agree with what you are saying.

This could turn into an annual vaccine sort of thing.

14. ABQCOWBOY

56,323 Messages
    24,528 Likes Received
    I would say that a lot of this depends on the area and spacing. You can be in proximity of multiple people but if the conditions are outdoors, with a bit of a breeze, there is little risk of infection. If indoors, that's a bit different. Lots of factors.

kskboys likes this.
  15. DallasEast

45,304 Messages
    30,234 Likes Received
    I ventured over to cdc.gov for other info just now and came across this:

[​IMG]

I lol'd. Wish I could draw well. My graphic, created from personal experience, would contain more examples for sure. :muttley:

16. kskboys

24,143 Messages
    26,316 Likes Received
    There is no definitive number. It's very much a grey area, and much of it depends on who it is who is gathering. For instance, if I and my 3 sisters and families gather, you're looking at 20-30. Now, we're around each other a ton anyway, so wearing masks would be pointless.

However, if you walk into a bar w/ 10 strangers, I have no problem w/ masks being required. Simple respect for others.

Due to outside influences, it's impossible for the public health authorities to be even remotely accurate. It would be guess. And due to the extreme influences at work, it's almost impossible to ascertain facts anyway.

17. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

26,750 Messages
    5,683 Likes Received
    I'm not here to discuss any of that. As I already mentioned, I only responded because you said masks don't work. You said it.

18. ABQCOWBOY

56,323 Messages
    24,528 Likes Received
    Or, people can eventually build natural immunity. Either way, you can't know how many deaths will be caused by either approach. People, I think, would like to believe that science is the end all, be all and I think that it is foolish to trust in any one thing to that extent. For example, I can see how people might just depend on a vaccine but what if that vaccine is no longer effective? I'd guess that this would constitute a massive spread event in our Country. I could definitely see that happening.

Deaths could definitely be associated either way.

19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

35,836 Messages
    7,870 Likes Received
    Okay, if it only lasts a short time as you claimed.

MichaelWinicki likes this.
  20. DallasEast

45,304 Messages
    30,234 Likes Received
    There can be a definitive number suggested by public health authorities if they evaluated data. Of course, any proposed hard cap crowd limitation would attract enormous backlash from the public. 'Enormous' would be an understatement. In my opinion, that is the reason why no set number will ever be considered.