Video: Fair and balanced analysis of Dak Prescott

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't have to do anything because my analysis of Dak is correct. He has footwork problems, which Dak has AGREED with - Dak specifically stated his feet and his mind aren't always in sync. If you don't have the footwork down, it impacts the rest of your game. This was still apparent in 2018. Not sure how you can deny that, but moving on.

Where did I mention deep ball accuracy? I said he has accuracy and ball placement issues - that's not just deep ball, that's all over the field. So no, I don't agree with him it's just deep ball - it's a problem with every throw. Moving on again.

HE SPECIFICALLY SAYS IF THE GUY IS OPEN DAK WILL FIND HIM! Right within the like 2 minutes in the video. This is, yet again, absolute bull. That is not true, Dak does not see the open guy, he far too often does not see the open guy especially when those underneath throws are covered or the window is too tight to make the throw. He misses those intermediate guys and deep guys

Next!

Enjoy!!!

mattjames2010

Reaction score

A 5 minute clip on a mainstream talk show with selective clips is not a counter to anything I just said. Not only did you misquote me and lie about what was said in the video the thread is about, you can't even make your own rebuttal.

Boring. We're done here.

bodi

Reaction score
he does not have the accuracy to throw the ball over the top into really tight windows

become more accurant

he falls away

the colts made the template to beat the cowboys stop the run make Dak beat you with man to man coverage down field

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A 5 minute clip on a mainstream talk show with selective clips is not a counter to anything I just said. Not only did you misquote me and lie about what was said in the video the thread is about, you can't even make your own rebuttal.

Boring. We're done here.

Just another expert that has done video research on Dak that flies in the face of your out of touch opinion.

And yah, the guy shortened it down to 4 or 5 throws because he had limited time in the show. LOL

The ONLY think boring is your laughable point that a young QB has things to work on. :thumbdown:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
he does not have the accuracy to throw the ball over the top into really tight windows

become more accurant

he falls away

the colts made the template to beat the cowboys stop the run make Dak beat you with man to man coverage down field

So then what he is doing here if not throwing deep into tight windows with accuracy?

Heck...……….hes not only doing that here, but in clutch moments and with pressure.

bodi

Reaction score

So then what he is doing here if not throwing deep into tight windows with accuracy?

Heck...……….hes not only doing that here, but in clutch moments and with pressure.

well on how many plays ?

how many did he miss

how many times did he throw to the wrong guy ?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I'm hearing Dak's anticipation throughout camp has been his largest improvement.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
well on how many plays ?

how many did he miss

how many times did he throw to the wrong guy ?

Well lets see...…………….this is his resume after 3 years in the league:

-Rookie of the year
-Two pro bowls
-Most wins of any QB in the NFL not named Tom Brady
-Two playoff season
-Playoff win
-3rd most rushing TD's by a QB
-Most 4th quarter and overtime comeback wins in the NFL

So it looks like there is your answer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm hearing Dak's anticipation throughout camp has been his largest improvement.

And that's great news, because I've long felt that it's been one of his biggest weaknesses. To this point, he's had to "see it to believe it", but it's great to hear people like Witten talking about the ball being on them as soon as they're out if their breaks and how things have sped up for Dak. Hopefully it's a sign of great things to come and it carries over into the regular season.

kskboys

Reaction score
And Dak has said that his improved anticipation is his comfort, trust and familiarity with his receivers.
He's trying soooooo hard to not say anything bad about the previous play caller!!!! That's being a gentleman!!!!!!!

Look, Dak was raw when he got here. And he came to an org that is notorious for not developing players. And that's exactly what they did w/ Dak. Since he won his rook year, they were unable to step away from the table and see what still needed to be done w/ him. And then after his 2nd season in which he showed some obvious flaws, we still didn't even try to correct them and develop him, even going so far as to give him almost no playing time in preseason. And this for a guy who was exceedingly raw coming in and obviously needed direction and development!!!!!! What a farce!!!!!

I find it absolutely amazing that anyone is surprised how much hope many of us have for the Moore/Kitna combo. I guess you just couldn't tell how bad it was under Linny? Now that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
And that's great news, because I've long felt that it's been one of his biggest weaknesses. To this point, he's had to "see it to believe it", but it's great to hear people like Witten talking about the ball being on them as soon as they're out if their breaks and how things have sped up for Dak. Hopefully it's a sign of great things to come and it carries over into the regular season.
First sign of player development w/ Dak since his rook season!!!!!!!!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's trying soooooo hard to not say anything bad about the previous play caller!!!! That's being a gentleman!!!!!!!

Look, Dak was raw when he got here. And he came to an org that is notorious for not developing players. And that's exactly what they did w/ Dak. Since he won his rook year, they were unable to step away from the table and see what still needed to be done w/ him. And then after his 2nd season in which he showed some obvious flaws, we still didn't even try to correct them and develop him, even going so far as to give him almost no playing time in preseason. And this for a guy who was exceedingly raw coming in and obviously needed direction and development!!!!!! What a farce!!!!!

I find it absolutely amazing that anyone is surprised how much hope many of us have for the Moore/Kitna combo. I guess you just couldn't tell how bad it was under Linny? Now that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dak was NOT a pocket passer in college. He never had to sit in the pocket. If something wasn't immediately open he would simply take off. Bigger then stronger then anyone in college and run these guys over. He also ran the spread formation in college. Shotgun with 4 wide in the hurry up.

So when he came to the Cowboys playing under center was new to him. Miraculously he adjusted great. But a lot of that had to do with the Oline giving him so much time. He wasn't pressured and could hand off and sit back there. Last two years the Oline had been worse. Receivers weren't getting open and he had less time to throw.

HAD TO LEARN to be a better pocket passer. Had to correct his some footwork. After the adversity, its all coming together with REAL coaching around him.

My problem with the trolls have never been their nitpicking. Its that they all claimed he couldn't get better or take into account that he was a young QB with room to grow.

Nexx

Reaction score

its called cherry picking. over the period of a season hes mostly inaccurate throwing medium to deep passes in tight windows. cherry pick any starting QB's highlights and they look can look like all pros.

AKATheRake

Reaction score

Couldn't agree more.

Qcard

Reaction score
Trolling? Everything I said was accurate. Did you read the articles carefully? The first did not support your position, and the 2nd actually supported what I said.

If you want to argue Romo's core strength was weaker because of dealing with previous injuries, you could, but you'd be wrong. The opposite is in fact true. He had to work his core a lot more because of those injuries and as a result it may have been stronger than at any point in his career.

You argument, medically speaking, is just false. If you were talking about soft tissue or something, you'd have a case. Bones are different.

And again, not a regular NFL tackle...try reading the ESPN article again.
Did you actually get my point or just created a straw-man position? No where did I mention broken bones or soft tissue crap you are adding to make point that the tackle from Avril was anything but "Regular"
Even the color commentator stated that the tackle was legit.
Here is my point again... Stay focused Kevinicus....Romo 36 year old body after 2 previous back injuries made him unable to take a regular NFL tackle.... Very simple point... Keep your opinion about bones and soft tissue to yourself.

FYI I work in the Medical field at one of then best Rehabilitation hospitals in the DMV. I have trained people with lesser injuries whom can't withstand any normal compression to their Spinal Columns let alone take a regular NFL tackle.

So we are clear... You CANNOT link any video with a similar tackle like Avril did to Romo and get the same result. THAT IS A CHALLENGE KEVINICUS!!

But I can link at least 10 videos in which a defender hit a QB similar to Romo's tackle in which they got up resumed the next play. Romo's body was more susceptible to an injury because of his history and age. The Artie mentioned Gronk whom has taken much worse NFL tackles than Romo. Gronk didn't leave the field after curling up in a fetal position.

If you have questions about my expertise in the field message direct...

Please show some evidence or just let the thread die

bodi

Reaction score
Well lets see...…………….this is his resume after 3 years in the league:

-Rookie of the year
-Two pro bowls
-Most wins of any QB in the NFL not named Tom Brady
-Two playoff season
-Playoff win
-3rd most rushing TD's by a QB
-Most 4th quarter and overtime comeback wins in the NFL

So it looks like there is your answer.

doesn't answer his accuracy sorry cowboy Roy you will not convince me

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It lacks construct validity. Big Ben and Russell Wilson are the only QBs in the top 10 considered anywhere near top tier QBs. Plus Dak's number is so far and away better than anyone else's, it sort of begs the question, why? Is it more likely that Dak is so much more accurate than every other QB, or is it more likely that Dak has so few talented targets that he has to throw high percentage passes to guys that can't really get open. Given that the yards per attempt is lower than most of these guys, I'm going with the later interpretation.

Where do you get that his YPA is lower than most others in regards to Tight Window Completions???

The links that were posted do NOT support that claim.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...matthew-stafford-among-top-10-tightwindow-qbs

https://thelandryhat.com/2017/01/04/dak-prescott-accurate-deep-passers/

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It lacks construct validity. Big Ben and Russell Wilson are the only QBs in the top 10 considered anywhere near top tier QBs. Plus Dak's number is so far and away better than anyone else's, it sort of begs the question, why? Is it more likely that Dak is so much more accurate than every other QB, or is it more likely that Dak has so few talented targets that he has to throw high percentage passes to guys that can't really get open. Given that the yards per attempt is lower than most of these guys, I'm going with the later interpretation.

Looking at other data (not in the links), on passes over 15 yards with 40 or more yards to go for a TD, Dak had the 3rd highest QB rating in 2018.