Video: Fair and balanced analysis of Dak Prescott

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak was NOT a pocket passer in college. He never had to sit in the pocket. If something wasn't immediately open he would simply take off. Bigger then stronger then anyone in college and run these guys over. He also ran the spread formation in college. Shotgun with 4 wide in the hurry up.

So when he came to the Cowboys playing under center was new to him. Miraculously he adjusted great. But a lot of that had to do with the Oline giving him so much time. He wasn't pressured and could hand off and sit back there. Last two years the Oline had been worse. Receivers weren't getting open and he had less time to throw.

HAD TO LEARN to be a better pocket passer. Had to correct his some footwork. After the adversity, its all coming together with REAL coaching around him.

My problem with the trolls have never been their nitpicking. Its that they all claimed he couldn't get better or take into account that he was a young QB with room to grow.
And they sadly seem to be completely unaware of how badly he was being coached up. (Like hardly at all!!!)

Qcard

Reaction score
It was Dak's play that won him the job. And yes his leadership.

Do you realize that under Dak the team won 11 games in a row? Are you really going to bench Dak? That would have been crazy.

Now Dak is going into his 4th year and he has all the experience and he is ready to take the next step. You don't get there if you are riding the bench. We have a chance NOW to do something special because Dak has been through the growing pains of the last two years.
After 11 wins in a row, I still would have started Romo. BUT, in hindsight based on 21 more wins those who favored Dak have been proven to be right.

I gladly eat crow and say I was wrong at the time. Romo was playing QB from a mental standpoint Dak hasn't achieved yet (AT the time of Romo injury). It's unfair to expect to have that high level mentally yet as he's only going into his 4th year.

My opinion was based on Romo's pre-snap read skillset

kskboys

Reaction score
After 11 wins in a row, I still would have started Romo. BUT, in hindsight based on 21 more wins those who favored Dak have been proven to be right.

I gladly eat crow and say I was wrong at the time. Romo was playing QB from a mental standpoint Dak hasn't achieved yet (AT the time of Romo injury). It's unfair to expect to have that high level mentally yet as he's only going into his 4th year.

Romo sure missed a lot of blitzes and got fooled into audibling into a pass to be so good at pre-snap reads!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You're spot on about that point. But it brings back that frustration that as Romo's mind was tuned in to being one of the top quarterbacks in the league, his body betrayed him and he couldn't stay healthy. And now we're all left with thoughts of what might have been.

kskboys

Reaction score
You're spot on about that point. But it brings back that frustration that as Romo's mind was tuned in to being one of the top quarterbacks in the league, his body betrayed him and he couldn't stay healthy. And now we're all left with thoughts of what might have been.
Yup, especially what might have been if Jerry hadn't let the OL fall completely apart and ruined Romo's career.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
its called cherry picking. over the period of a season hes mostly inaccurate throwing medium to deep passes in tight windows. cherry pick any starting QB's highlights and they look can look like all pros.

LOL.....spoken like a true hater. The guy did a study on Prescott and his conclusion was that he needs to get the big money. Those are called "highlights". Your implication that those were the ONLY good throws he made are laughable.

The highlights should make you clap, but a troll like you gets pissed. LOL

So do you think the Eagles will be good this year?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yep, I agree. Once Dak gets to the higher levels of pre snap reads he will be a force. Nice to see the new offensive staff focusing more on the deep ball.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Romo's mind didn't catch up until his body was broken down.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The accolades fall where they may, but this time, Dak Prescott better be team wise as well...

The Cowboys compete twice a year on the field against the Eagles. Of late, the Cowboys have the edge winning the last three times. Dak Prescott, this time it’s a pen in your hand with another opportunity to beat the Eagles but only if you sign a deal for less than Carson Wentz.

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/06/16/eagles-provide-dallas-cowboys-blueprint/3/

pansophy

Reaction score

Romo would have been the correct choice for that season, if he stays healthy. Even Big Ben could pull a very strong Steelers team to the super bowl as a rookie. In the long term how do not go with Dak given a record breaking rookie year and a franchise QB missing most of the last 2 years from injury.

Number1

Reaction score
The problem is just missing open guys. He's running downfield free. He's open. There's nothing complicated here. It's just accuracy. You don't need months of playing with a guy to hit a WR running free straight downfield.

it does take months to getting timing and trust right with a new deep target,
throwing deep to Cooper, Gallup, Hurns, Beasley, and Austin are all very different things

ummm - after this off season do you expect better deep passing? and why?

Techsass

Reaction score
it does take months to getting timing and trust right with a new deep target,
throwing deep to Cooper, Gallup, Hurns, Beasley, and Austin are all very different things

ummm - after this off season do you expect better deep passing? and why?
The receiver plays a big part in connecting with the QB's throw, especially on deep passes. He can't magically outrun the overthrows, though.