Video: Fair and balanced analysis of Dak Prescott

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
it does take months to getting timing and trust right with a new deep target,
throwing deep to Cooper, Gallup, Hurns, Beasley, and Austin are all very different things

ummm - after this off season do you expect better deep passing? and why?

Reports are that Dak's accuracy was up on deep balls, and generally. I wasn't counting on much improvement, and aren't counting those chickens until they've hatched either. But indications are positive. That beats the hell out of the alternative.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Reports are that Dak's accuracy was up on deep balls, and generally. I wasn't counting on much improvement, and aren't counting those chickens until they've hatched either. But indications are positive. That beats the hell out of the alternative.

Better pass blocking and better receivers will always increase accuracy organically. What Dak needs to do is get better at getting the ball out quicker and hitting more of those deep passes under pressure.

kskboys

Reaction score
Better pass blocking and better receivers will always increase accuracy organically. What Dak needs to do is get better at getting the ball out quicker and hitting more of those deep passes under pressure.
Which is why we needed to get away from Linny w/ his long developing plays.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Did you actually get my point or just created a straw-man position? No where did I mention broken bones or soft tissue crap you are adding to make point that the tackle from Avril was anything but "Regular"
Even the color commentator stated that the tackle was legit.

What are you talking about? I never said you mentioned broken bones or soft tissue. The injury itself is a broken bone. Follow along please. Talk about strawmen. You follow that up with another. I never said the tackle wasn't legit. I'm not saying it was a dirty hit. I'm saying the way it occurred, the way Romo landed and the force ended up being applied was not what you typically get from a tackle. The espn article you posted even spells this out for you.

Here is my point again... Stay focused Kevinicus....Romo 36 year old body after 2 previous back injuries made him unable to take a regular NFL tackle.... Very simple point... Keep your opinion about bones and soft tissue to yourself.

And your "point" is wrong. My "opinion" about bones? Are you really this dense?

FYI I work in the Medical field at one of then best Rehabilitation hospitals in the DMV. I have trained people with lesser injuries whom can't withstand any normal compression to their Spinal Columns let alone take a regular NFL tackle.
Sure, okay.

So we are clear... You CANNOT link any video with a similar tackle like Avril did to Romo and get the same result. THAT IS A CHALLENGE KEVINICUS!!

Really? Did you miss my David Carr comment? I can't find the video now (since this occurred on Oct. 7, 2007) - though it was shown on NFL network when David was discussing Romo's injury. Not sure why not much of anything is showing up on google for David Carr on the NFL Network.

HERE is an article referencing Carr's injury.

But I can link at least 10 videos in which a defender hit a QB similar to Romo's tackle in which they got up resumed the next play. Romo's body was more susceptible to an injury because of his history and age. The Artie mentioned Gronk whom has taken much worse NFL tackles than Romo. Gronk didn't leave the field after curling up in a fetal position.

Oh, please do. Let's see all these other plays that happen oh so frequently. Are you really going with Gronk? The guy made of glass? Did he constantly get hurt because of his age too?

If you have questions about my expertise in the field message direct...

Please show some evidence or just let the thread die
When are you going to show evidence? You tried and actually supported my position more than your own.

Maybe you should read this...from an actual doctor:

https://nationalfootballpost.com/monday-morning-md-no-medical-reason-for-tony-romo-to-retire/

Here's a nice excerpt:

The L1 vetebral body compression fracture suffered Thursday is unlikely related to his previous back issues. Disc surgery is typically performed at a much lower level (L4-5 or L5-S1). Transverse process fractures are located to the back and side (posterolateral) of the spine, while this break is located in front (anterior). Details on his previous cyst surgery are sketchy but I still don’t see the relationship to the current injury. When healed, Romo’s back will not be physiologically weaker or prone to injury.

There is not an underlying weakness in Romo’s body. Anyone who has a 300 lb defender jump forcibly on a flexed spine would suffer these same injuries.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Pretty fair and balanced assessment of Dak Prescott's strengths and areas where he needs to improve. Something for both fans and non-fans of Prescott.

This guy sounds like a moron. What he says has some truth, but would I make a podcast to convince people the earth is flat?