Faith or no Faith that the Cowboys can turn things around?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I never have faith in them. My son always asks me if I think they will win. I always ask him if he can tell me which team is showing up!

So then you have faith if the right team shows up?
Not really ....... I have always known what the Cowboys can do when they are motivated to go beyond what the horrible coaching staff lays out for them .....
I still would not be surprised if the lose to the Giants and then get destroyed by the Pats and bears ....... Would not be surprised if we finish 8-8 ..... Because that's who Garrett is ....... A .500 coach

and I would not be surprised if this team wins a lot of games and challenges in post season. I don't remove blame from coaches it is their job to have the team ready to play but I do not think these coaches are as bad as some love to claim. Sometime it is the players, you can call a play but you can't execute it for them. Moore can call a certain pass play but he can't read the defense for the QB or run the rout and make the catch for the WR maybe this is why players are paid a hell of a lot more than the coaches yet it is all on the coaches? BS.

aikemirv

Reaction score

and I would not be surprised if this team wins a lot of games and challenges in post season. I don't remove blame from coaches it is their job to have the team ready to play but I do not think these coaches are as bad as some love to claim. Sometime it is the players, you can call a play but you can't execute it for them. Moore can call a certain pass play but he can't read the defense for the QB or run the rout and make the catch for the WR maybe this is why players are paid a hell of a lot more than the coaches yet it is all on the coaches? BS.

No, I don't even then. I was even worried when Dak threw the pick.

Too many bad memories seared in the brain of blown leads.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Well I have always respected you so we will just have to agree to disagree ...... I hope you are right ..... I really do ..... I hope Garrett and this coaching staff makes me choke on a Superbowl trophy.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I'm just looking to take the current temperature of the forum and wanted to see where everyone's mindset is currently.

There are no right or wrong answers here and I hope everyone feels that they can answer honestly. Not toward other fans, but about this team.

What is your current feeling right now? Do you have faith that the Cowboys can turn things around and still compete for the division, playoffs, and maybe more?

Or has your faith been too seriously tested and you think this is the beginning of a huge slide and the end of the season?

I'll start. I don't have faith right now and I think the Eagles will lay a beating on this team come Sunday night. But having said that, I felt this same way last year and was totally wrong about that. That team surprised me and went on a run. Maybe they have it in them to do it once again?

Where do you stand at this point?
The jets loss was horrendous but look how many players didn't play that day. Some say we still should have won. Cooper left early. We knew they had a good run defense. I feel if Cooper or even T Smith would have played we would have won that game. The packers and the saints are two contenders we knew that when we played them. It's easy to lose faith when you lose three in a row especially when it includes the jets. We still moved the ball in those games . We just didnt produce enough points. The packers jumped on top of us early and we couldn't come back. The Saints was just a good battle that we lost. The jets, we missed alot of firepower/starters if you include Cooper. We showed what we are capable of when we are fully loaded and everyone comes to play. My problem with this team is ; the sense of urgency is not always there. It seems like our backs have to be against the wall before we want to come out with some fire. We need to find away to treat every team like we did the Eagles. The Patriots play every team the same. If you suck the score is going to say so, if you're a good team they are ready to score with you on that day to. We have the pieces, we need to put it together.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The jets loss was horrendous but look how many players didn't play that day. Some say we still should have won. Cooper left early. We knew they had a good run defense. I feel if Cooper or even T Smith would have played we would have won that game. The packers and the saints are two contenders we knew that when we played them. It's easy to lose faith when you lose three in a row especially when it includes the jets. We still moved the ball in those games . We just didnt produce enough points. The packers jumped on top of us early and we couldn't come back. The Saints was just a good battle that we lost. The jets, we missed alot of firepower/starters if you include Cooper. We showed what we are capable of when we are fully loaded and everyone comes to play. My problem with this team is ; the sense of urgency is not always there. It seems like our backs have to be against the wall before we want to come out with some fire. We need to find away to treat every team like we did the Eagles. The Patriots play every team the same. If you suck the score is going to say so, if you're a good team they are ready to score with you on that day to. We have the pieces, we need to put it together.

Scary to think of having to play the Patriots in a few weeks after they dismantled the last team to beat us last night and held them scoreless.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scary to think of having to play the Patriots in a few weeks after they dismantled the last team to beat us last night and held them scoreless.
Of course playing the Patriots is always scary, but we've seen many times that comparisons against common opponents doesn't necessarily provide a good indication.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
playing in new England the cowboys wont score many more points up there than the jets did at home last night

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course playing the Patriots is always scary, but we've seen many times that comparisons against common opponents doesn't necessarily provide a good indication.

Very true. Take Green Bay for instance. The Eagles beat them, they beat us, we beat the Eagles.

:huh:
'The more I know, the less I understand...'

aikemirv

Reaction score
I do have faith in the fact that we do tend to show up for reg season big games against top opponents. We are pretty consistent in that regard. It is the postseason that we fail!

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Keeping with Garrett's normal roller coaster seasons, after having played so will against the eagles it would not surprise me if the lowly Giants blow us out.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
While it was uplifting to have our 'Boys beat up on the Iggles I still have little faith this team can go any further than a first round win, IF they make the playoffs.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Actually the Cowboys almost always rise when we play a team like that or if they are undefeated. I don't know why. They just do

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Well, this should be a question AFTER we go against the vagiants on our return. Remember, we will come out playing a "sucky" bottom feeder team, so if we blow them out, it means MEH to most here. Let's see when once we play the viks, Lions and IF we can go toe to toe with the PATs, I don't think anyone here believes this team has a chance of beating the Patriots, but if we can play with them and keep it close and NOT get blown the he!! up then maybe we can say yea, things are on the right course.