Faith or no Faith that the Cowboys can turn things around?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I have faith they could win the rest of their games and have home field advantage in he playoffs.
I have NO faith they could win in any games in the playoffs.
That is where coaching above your average level comes into play.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know that I would call it faith, but I certainly think it's possible. Who thought they would turn it around last year when they were 3-5 and then win 7 of the last 8?

This team isn't as far in the hole as that one was, so that makes me hopeful. But some things definitely need to change. I think the offense is very close to being all it needs to be, but between penalties, turnovers, drops and some health issues we just aren't quite clicking as well as needed. The defense I feel much worse about. It's hard for me to feel like they are even close to pulling it together.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
The way the team started the season gives me hope that they can turn it around but somebody needs to hold my hand because I am scared.

JustChip

Reaction score
I have faith that they can and I think they will. Maybe it’s just the eternal optimist in me, but I’m with Gene Kranze. Contrary to popular opinion, I believe this could be our finest hour.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Three months of football. It only takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal an injury usually. I'm not going to go with injuries for reason of choice. Although I can understand why you would want to. To me it's attitude preparation and I don't see any of it

I casually mentioned injuries but that's not to say lack of proper coaching wasn't a huge factor as well. In fact, it resonates as a major liability. If you believe I'm attempting to blame injuries as the primary cause, you'd be mistaken. I'm blaming the coaching as well. We're basically coaching 90s football on both sides of the ball.

It's a legit factor in why we're presently in trouble, however and might be for a while yet. I've been harping on our coaching woes to the extent that I'm taking care not to belabor it, like someone with OCD. Like many others here, I've already given our coaching woes a great deal of attention.

We're undisciplined and the barrage of penalties reveal as much to my estimation. That, and the players are at an all time low. The absurd number of injuries aren't anything to ignore, in that low mindset, either. I expect it to be an ongoing problem for a good while yet. Bad backs and soft tissue injuries have a way of being lingering problems.

Last edited:

seamus18

Reaction score
Sorry, I have gotten to the point where I have no faith, whatsoever. It’s sad to say, but it’s true. I have no idea what product they’re going to put on the field on any given Sunday. It’s a shame. Not what I was expecting.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yaknow, this team has been schizoid for a long time. So, I guess anything's possible.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you ave faith last year? What did you think after the 1st loss with cooper?

I honestly didn't. I think it was like this week, going into a game against Philadelphia. I really felt that they were going to out us out of our misery.

We were playing Su'a Filo at left guard for the first time too I think, if memory serves. I thought we were dead. But not only did they win that game, but of course they true d the entire season around.

I can't bring myself to believe that lightning will strike twice until it does.

kskboys

Reaction score
I honestly didn't. I think it was like this week, going into a game against Philadelphia. I really felt that they were going to out us out of our misery.

We were playing Su'a Filo at left guard for the first time too I think, if memory serves. I thought we were dead. But not only did they win that game, but of course they true d the entire season around.

Yeah, I'm not real emotional about it right now. Wish I was.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Well im not saying they are done untill the math does. We are capable of winning now they just have to show it to us.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I still have a little faith but the team as a whole hasnt looked good this season.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I'm just looking to take the current temperature of the forum and wanted to see where everyone's mindset is currently.

There are no right or wrong answers here and I hope everyone feels that they can answer honestly. Not toward other fans, but about this team.

What is your current feeling right now? Do you have faith that the Cowboys can turn things around and still compete for the division, playoffs, and maybe more?

Or has your faith been too seriously tested and you think this is the beginning of a huge slide and the end of the season?

I'll start. I don't have faith right now and I think the Eagles will lay a beating on this team come Sunday night. But having said that, I felt this same way last year and was totally wrong about that. That team surprised me and went on a run. Maybe they have it in them to do it once again?

Where do you stand at this point?
Love the Cowboys! Hate the direction. Team was poised to win but someone or somebody chose ego over that. I won't get into that here but Tony Romo alluded to that fact last Sunday. If we win out this year it will be a miracle. If we do then it's Status Quo. If not time for a complete overhaul on both sides of the ball.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just looking to take the current temperature of the forum and wanted to see where everyone's mindset is currently.

There are no right or wrong answers here and I hope everyone feels that they can answer honestly. Not toward other fans, but about this team.

What is your current feeling right now? Do you have faith that the Cowboys can turn things around and still compete for the division, playoffs, and maybe more?

Or has your faith been too seriously tested and you think this is the beginning of a huge slide and the end of the season?

I'll start. I don't have faith right now and I think the Eagles will lay a beating on this team come Sunday night. But having said that, I felt this same way last year and was totally wrong about that. That team surprised me and went on a run. Maybe they have it in them to do it once again?

Where do you stand at this point?
No.