Faith or no Faith that the Cowboys can turn things around?

Proof

Reaction score
Well I mean it will be difficult for them to
pull us in for the late season heartbreak if they don’t get things together quickly. So I expect a win and some hope .... to be dashed much more dramatically later.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I'm just looking to take the current temperature of the forum and wanted to see where everyone's mindset is currently.

There are no right or wrong answers here and I hope everyone feels that they can answer honestly. Not toward other fans, but about this team.

What is your current feeling right now? Do you have faith that the Cowboys can turn things around and still compete for the division, playoffs, and maybe more?

Or has your faith been too seriously tested and you think this is the beginning of a huge slide and the end of the season?

I'll start. I don't have faith right now and I think the Eagles will lay a beating on this team come Sunday night. But having said that, I felt this same way last year and was totally wrong about that. That team surprised me and went on a run. Maybe they have it in them to do it once again?

Where do you stand at this point?

No faith. This team has given up. Home field has ment nothing in Dallas. The place is more a shrine to Jerry’s unending ego than a football stadium. I think the Eagles win and this team is on to 7 wins.

Big_D

Reaction score
Ridiculous in my opinion I don't want to change that way. Losing again helps nothing

It's how you actually get change. If you're stuck in the mud you have to roll back a little to go forward. Same concept here. People rather just stay stuck. Then that car is officially useless. Spinning it's wheels and going nowhere.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's how you actually get change. If you're stuck in the mud you have to roll back a little to go forward. Same concept here. People rather just stay stuck. Then that car is officially useless. Spinning it's wheels and going nowhere.
Stop it this is not how you live a life. The culture in the locker room. Alone what kind of example does that set. And I can't believe someone gave you a like. Losing does not necessarily change anything. You just hope it does. Please stop that mentality it's totally wrong.

Big_D

Reaction score
Stop it this is not how you live a life. The culture in the locker room. Alone what kind of example does that set. And I can't believe someone gave you a like. Losing does not necessarily change anything. You just hope it does. Please stop that mentality it's totally wrong.

It's wrong pretending everything's OK. Keeping your head in the sand is actually part of the problem. The coach sucks. How many years you gonna waste? There's no end in sight and it's pretty sad. 2 division teams won Super Bowls under this clowns watch. I hope for change cause this teams in trouble without it. Doesn't matter if I root for a win or a loss, we know how this ends. Coaching will still be garbage!!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's wrong pretending everything's OK. Keeping your head in the sand is actually part of the problem. The coach sucks. How many years you gonna waste? There's no end in sight and it's pretty sad. 2 division teams won Super Bowls under this clowns watch. I hope for change cause this teams in trouble without it. Doesn't matter if I root for a win or a loss, we know how this ends. Coaching will still be garbage!!
Who's pretending everything's okay. That has nothing to do with that . wanting to lose because you want to get rid of a player or coach or something else. Stop it you're embarrassing yourself. You don't have a clue . you think Jerry is going to get rid of Jason because we win or lose. Or what we as fans think. The bottom line only cowards quit. Wow

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah let's quit for a high draft pick two. LMAO because once two spots really makes a difference

Big_D

Reaction score
Who's pretending everything's okay. That has nothing to do with wanting to lose because you want to get rid of a player or coach or something else. Stop it you're embarrassing yourself

What's embarrassing? lol when a coach sucks, you get rid of him. But not here!! Some people will defend anything. This is the new politically correct Cowboys. I want the team to improve not stay still while other teams blow by. You see confidence here? or do you have any confidence at all in Garrett? Pretty much every thread here rips the guy. National analysts rip the guy. This is a soft team that sits home every January.

And yes if you're out of the playoffs that draft pick is officially more important than wins. Lets go back to 2010. If you rather have those 5 garbage wins and Garrett instead of the pick, then there's no talking to you. Those wins did absolutely nothing for this team. Just setup a decade of crap.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What's embarrassing? lol when a coach sucks, you get rid of him. But not here!! Some people will defend anything. This is the new politically correct Cowboys. I want the team to improve not stay still while other teams blow by. You see confidence here? or do you have any confidence at all in Garrett? Pretty much every thread here rips the guy. National analysts rip the guy. This is a soft team that sits home every January.

And yes if you're out of the playoffs that draft pick is officially more important than wins. Lets go back to 2010. If you rather have those 5 garbage wins and Garrett instead of the pick, then there's no talking to you. Those wins did absolutely nothing for this team. Just setup a decade of crap.
I will not respond to you again because you simply don't get it. Only losers quit. Wanting to lose in order 2 get what you want is cowardice. Simply pathetic.

Big_D

Reaction score
I will not respond to you again because you simply don't get it. Only losers quit. Wanting to lose you get what you want is cowardice

Cowardice. lol Don't respond. Make sure to keep your head in the sand for another decade.

CWR

Reaction score
With the changes on the injury front and Dak calling guys out I feel a bit better. Matter of fact I have some faith we beat Philly this week. Not sure where it goes from there but I think (hope) this team can get in gear. Too much talent to be wasted in mediocrity.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
I think we have proven time and time again we will rally for coach dipsh*t, only because the players like their friend and buddy Garrett.... I feel no different this week after losing 3 straight. The real difference between Jimmy and Garrett is the hard nose discipline Jimmy expected and the way he punished his team for making mistakes..... Do I think Garrett will adjust his thinking and improve? The answer is no. I want a new strategy and scheme. Sadly I feel the new rules in practice does not allow for a hardbutt coach like Jimmy. Garrett has no way of being a disciplinarian like he learned under such. I see why he wants to continue such legacies, but much has changed and there is no longer a way to do such. Sadly he has yet to figure that out. Even Jimmy would be at a disadvantage with the rules now..... He would be at a more disadvantage he has been away from college football, he would not know who to pick and why either. The truth is the CBA has basically neutered hardnosed coaches and even made this league less than it was.... Maybe because guys are getting bigger and better than they were in the 90's. Blame genetics, blame rules, blame the salary cap.... All have an effect on hardnose coaches in this time of age..... Less full contact practices, less 2 a days, less accountability that can be reprimanded.... Point being you need fresh scouts and or fresh coaches. You need to adjust to different weekly schemes to better adjust to both defensive and offensive game plans. You need more than top notch players at every position because we can not afford such under a salary cap and we can not account for injuries....

Time to find a team of coaches that can rise above. A team of such that sees weaknesses and exploits them on each side of the ball... A team of coaches that can adjust between halftime when things are not going right. But above all else, be young enough to not be set in anyway to counter newly designed schemes brought forth by college coaches that are taking the passing game by storm.... JMHO.....

kwcool619

Reaction score
I'm just looking to take the current temperature of the forum and wanted to see where everyone's mindset is currently.

There are no right or wrong answers here and I hope everyone feels that they can answer honestly. Not toward other fans, but about this team.

What is your current feeling right now? Do you have faith that the Cowboys can turn things around and still compete for the division, playoffs, and maybe more?

Or has your faith been too seriously tested and you think this is the beginning of a huge slide and the end of the season?

I'll start. I don't have faith right now and I think the Eagles will lay a beating on this team come Sunday night. But having said that, I felt this same way last year and was totally wrong about that. That team surprised me and went on a run. Maybe they have it in them to do it once again?

Where do you stand at this point?

This year, the schedule is a monster. It remains to be seen.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Maybe not completely turn around but there not as bad as people make them out to be.

Heard crying all week of "we lost to the 0-4 jets" but that's a very exaggerated criticism. The jets with Darnold for the entire year are a 7 possibly 8 win team (Sam's improvement + an easier schedule than last season + them upgrading 4 different positions from last year). Without are #1 receiver and both are offensive tackles (aka the jets game) where probably a 7 or 8 win team as well........

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I've lost faith that this team even wants to play good football. I'll be rooting for them as always and hoping they change their ways, but I have a feeling my drinking this week will be totally out of control.

giphy.gif

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've lost faith that this team even wants to play good football. I'll be rooting for them as always and hoping they change their ways, but I have a feeling my drinking this week will be totally out of control.

giphy.gif
how can you even pay attention