Fake Punt was worst call by a pro staff ever

blueblood70

Reaction score
seriously 4 point game, 12mions left 4th QTR,, defense playing well, inside our own 30, and fake punt that basically ruined the game, season, and you can see the team and defense give up. The air just went out of the building, out of the players and the route happened all because of one call....

who calls this play at that time? did fassell have cart blanche or did MM allow this?

i was all for giving the team , the coaching staff and players a mulligan for 2020,

now i want to see some firings, if MM doesn't fire fassell, then the entire staff is gone Monday morning..

im shell shocked, have version of football PTSD when this call happened i thought i drank and ate far too much, allice in wonderland type shock..it could not have been more of shock to see a professional staff do something in that situation that not one other coach would have done and then have the player run vs throw..!!!

to me its the worse call ive ever witnessed in my 50plus years on earth or 40years watching football..ughh:popcorn::huh::facepalm:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
seriously 4 point game, 12mions left 4th QTR,, defense playing well, inside our own 30, and fake punt that basically ruined the game, season, and you can see the team and defense give up. The air just went out of the building, out of the players and the route happened all because of one call....

who calls this play at that time? did fassell have cart blanche or did MM allow this?

i was all for giving the team , the coaching staff and players a mulligan for 2020,

now i want to see some firings, if MM doesn't fire fassell, then the entire staff is gone Monday morning..

im shell shocked, have version of football PTSD when this call happened i thought i drank and ate far too much, allice in wonderland type shock..it could not have been more of shock to see a professional staff do something in that situation that not one other coach would have done and then have the player run vs throw..!!!

to me its the worse call ive ever witnessed in my 50plus years on earth or 40years watching football..ughh:popcorn::huh::facepalm:

My wife asked why I didn't seem more upset, as I usually don't speak much following a loss, or I'm ranting, or I'm pouting. That 4th quarter just left me void of any emotion. It was beyond comprehension, or maybe it's a safety valve somewhere in my brain.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

It was a terrible call plus the choice of play. This staff has been terrible.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Cant disagree

blueblood70

Reaction score
Worst call I've ever seen and the play was also the worst punt fake i've ever seen
exactly dont make the call but f you do you tell the player to pass , there were guys open but was it wilson just ate the ball ion what wa sit 4th and 11..im seriously in total shock this happened in real time..a family of football fans saying , "i wouldn't have called that in madden let alone a pr game on that situation with the season on the line..im seriously at loss for words..

ive tried to be the voice of reason for 2020 and give the staff and players a break but this was it for me..im on the fire them all break it down and start over..

f all this mess start gilbert/nooch the rest of the way and start cleaning house..

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Ive never seen anything like that play before. It has nothing to do with a team facing injuries etc. just an amateur play call by a bunch of pitiful coaches in a loser franchise. You’d never see something like that from real football organizations

blueblood70

Reaction score
That fake punt was definitely = to or > than the icing of one's own kicker. Really really close. McCarthy has done multiple things this season that are borderline NUTS...
did he know the play was called and coming? or did fasell call it on his own?

fivetwos

Reaction score
My wife asked why I didn't seem more upset, as I usually don't speak much following a loss, or I'm ranting, or I'm pouting. That 4th quarter just left me void of any emotion. It was beyond comprehension, or maybe it's a safety valve somewhere in my brain.
I dont bother to get mad anymore.

I expect this.

However, since we are only a player away, another "great draft" should launch the team to the next level.

ryanbabs

Reaction score

This was a bad call even by Madden or Tecmo Bowl standards.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I dont bother to get mad anymore.

I expect this.

However, since we are only a player away, another "great draft" should launch the team to the next level.
sad truth,

vanilla low risk Garett doesnt make that call and most likely wins this game..im all for taking risks , going for it and doing some off the cuff things to create positive plays but this just made zero sense..not sure how any coach or Gm can explain this away..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Are you saying you don't think the HC knew they were going to do a fake punt? I'm pretty sure a HC has to authorize that kind of a play at all times. That's why they are HC's...
not sure if it were a bang bang call in the ST huddle i just cant believe Mm allows this..thats why im in such shock..it made no sense in any football world..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

This "season" wasn't really going anywhere but that doesn't absolve Fat Mike for his two stupid 4th down decisions today.

That fake punt, all things considered, was beyond ridiculous.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

MM made decision, and Fassell made the playcall.