Fake Punt was worst call by a pro staff ever

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by blueblood70, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

5,602 Messages
    6,644 Likes Received
    @Dre11 is that you?

2. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

15,420 Messages
    11,025 Likes Received
    nah this time i cant agree with you

no pull out the stops was needed 12 mins to go in the with in 4 point game, you punt no matter what!! the defenses was making stops , punter doing well, offense good enough to stay in a 4point game..seriously pull out all the stops , thats the eagles game with nooch i get but this moment was the moment this staff lost me..im out!

4th and inches 3rd an 1 before that just plain bad calls..

3. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

5,602 Messages
    6,644 Likes Received
    Fire him, fire all of his coaches, then burn the desk he sat at. That's what I would do.

phillycard likes this.
  4. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

5,873 Messages
    10,260 Likes Received
    I agree it was a terrible call. But after watching the replay; it was nearly successful.

After Cedrick Wilson came back around the left side, punter Hunter Niswander whiffed a on a block on the Washington defender that tackled him. I know he's just a punter, but at 6'3, 240 pounds he could have at least made an effort to get in the way. If he had, Wilson not only would have gotten the first down; it's possible he might have scored.

But getting back to the OP; it was an absolutely horrible call given the score and the field position.

5. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

3,817 Messages
    2,300 Likes Received
    the worst thing is that we all know Jerry is not going to fire Mike or Moore

6. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

14,343 Messages
    14,217 Likes Received
    the Kellen Moore special.

[​IMG]

maryquality and JohnnyTheFox like this.
  7. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

21,959 Messages
    20,203 Likes Received
    Yes they were bad calls. I’ve said that like 4 times already. But they had no chance in winning this game after losing their LT and RT in the 1st quarter. Coaches new it and their only chance was Hail Mary type plays.

8. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

15,723 Messages
    21,650 Likes Received
    Damnit came here to talk about this play. So the call last night is #2

beware_d-ware and Plankton like this.
  9. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

2,446 Messages
    3,204 Likes Received
    I actually didn't hate the call. It was poorly executed and the Redskins were obviously coached up on it. I give the Redskins props. There was a WR wide open for a 1st down but would have been a difficult throw. All decisions made by a coach are piss poor if it doesn't work. If it worked we would be talking about how that was an amazing play call because nobody was expecting it.

And I am not a McDouble fan. I did not want him. Was it a questionable call? Sure. But it takes balls to try to win with a piss poor team.

10. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,526 Messages
    4,474 Likes Received
    That's what I was thinking. If I was playing Madden and had nothing to lose if I lose the video game, I still don't go for it in that circumstance. But let's say I did go for it, like I hit my head and became mentally impaired, and went for it at my own 20 or 30. then I am not calling a long developing, reverse play to my 5th receiver. That's a play that is slightly better than just taking a knee or spiking it. Just horrible and embarrassing.

ryanbabs, maryquality and Swagger like this.
  11. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

2,685 Messages
    2,800 Likes Received
    Agree.

The players had just about kept the patched up team in the game despite the coaching and play calling until that point. Then BOOM. Game over in the blink of an eye.

blueblood70 and Boyzmamacita like this.
  12. ka0tik

ka0tik Cowboy for Life

4,687 Messages
    2,632 Likes Received
    i don’t agree man. Even with that missed block Wilson needed like 10 more yards and there was cowboy traffic and 3 other Washington players. Horrible decision there. Atleast throw it on a fake.

CT Dal Fan and Boyzmamacita like this.
  13. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing Zone Supporter

6,800 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    I think people have this reversed. It’s not that Fassel made the call and McCarthy signed off. It doesn’t work like regular offensive play calls work. Mike decided to go for the fake punt (terrible), Fassel picked this one (worse) then Mike signed off (mind blowing).

I really want to believe the conspiracy theory in the other thread, that he made the call purposefully to blow the game. Because for an NFL coach to make that decision is so beyond bad that it warrants immediate firing, and I don’t say that lightly.

Of course, this is the Jerry Jones who kept Garrett for nearly a decade so that’s not going to happen.

lane likes this.
  14. Mk2_Cowboys

Mk2_Cowboys Well-Known Member

921 Messages
    1,377 Likes Received
    This is now this franchise’s version of the infamous thanksgiving butt fumble. This is now our butt fumble, the single worse call in franchise history and meat head McCarthy doubled down on it by saying it was a “ good call”. What a complete idiot.

15. Daillest88

Daillest88 Well-Known Member

9,155 Messages
    10,245 Likes Received
    yup that is how I felt

16. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

10,893 Messages
    7,616 Likes Received
    Have not been impressed with this coaching staff at all.

CapnCook likes this.
  17. lockster

lockster Well-Known Member

1,624 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    This is what's referred as disassociation syndrome. It's kind of like drinking Ur troubles away to full the pain, but without the alcohol and exterior outrage. They have broken Ur spirit!!! :)

Beaker42 likes this.
  18. Beaker42

Beaker42 Well-Known Member

5,104 Messages
    4,251 Likes Received
    WRONG. The percentages say you punt and play D down by 4 with that much time. That’s some bull you pull with 2 mins left.

19. beware_d-ware

beware_d-ware Well-Known Member

5,020 Messages
    6,025 Likes Received
    At this point, I'm just upset that McCarthy, Fassel and Zeke are wasting my oxygen by still breathing.

20. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

21,959 Messages
    20,203 Likes Received
    You just don’t have the ability to see the entirety of what’s going on with the team.