Falcon and Julio closing in on an extension of $20M per yr

Mr_437

Reaction score
Too expensive, Trade Amari...well that's the logic on DLaw. Coop is going for around 15, don't know if this deal changes that.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Sammy Watkins got 18M per in 2018.

Cooper was already going to get more than Watkins.

The 20M is actually a bit low for Julio considering that he is more than 2M better than Watkins.

I thought Watkins got $16M (3 for $48M)?

dckid

Reaction score
My, my, my.....every passing day w/o locking up our guys is starting to cost us $$$$$$$

This means very little. Coop is not in the same league as Jones, AB, OBJ, Green, etc
He is a tier lower, yes he has gotten a bit expensive, but I cannot blame Jerry and company for that. The organization decided not to address our WR position last off season so we paid a premium for it during the regular season. We traded away a 5 year fixed cost for someone hitting their option year. It was a known risk and it worked out in spades.
Process was very bad, but result was good. Judge it how you want. I just say it like it is.
Cooper should max get a contract similar to what Chicago paid to Allen Robinson. Full stop

DBOY3141

Reaction score
another deal that will get done and in two years Julio will be on another team...just like Dez, Thomas and AB.

JayFord

Reaction score
I mean if you’re Atlanta you have to

Despite his lack of TDS last season he’s pretty much 75 percent of the falcons offense

You don’t have Julio they’ll look like poo daddies on the field

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
#signourguysquick

Yep. That's the missing ingredient of our roster construction plan. That and not utilizing pick swaps.

You draft these guys because you think they will fit your scheme, are the RKG, and fit a need of the team. They start producing for you and then...... you let them play out their contract!?!?! Why the hell did you draft/trade for them in the first place if you didnt have faith in signing them to a 2nd contract?

I'm logging off, I just got myself heated up.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That's why we should extend him now :)

Same with Dak, and should have with Lawrence last offseason

Exactly.....Stephen needs to stop dragging his feet. Same million or two he thinks he's saving ends up costing us for waiting until the last minute.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yep. That's the missing ingredient of our roster construction plan. That and not utilizing pick swaps.

You draft these guys because you think they will fit your scheme, are the RKG, and fit a need of the team. They start producing for you and then...... you let them play out their contract!?!?! Why the hell did you draft/trade for them in the first place if you didnt have faith in signing them to a 2nd contract?

I'm logging off, I just got myself heated up.

:lmao:Damn Q.......but you nailed it