Falcon and Julio closing in on an extension of $20M per yr

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Isnt this his second extension in the last 3 years? His agent must have been an extra on Jerry Maguire! #ShowMeDaMoney
Yes!
2015 season[edit]
On August 29, 2015, the Falcons signed Jones to a 5-year, $71.5 million extension with $47 million guaranteed

blueblood70

Reaction score
I mean if you’re Atlanta you have to

Despite his lack of TDS last season he’s pretty much 75 percent of the falcons offense

You don’t have Julio they’ll look like poo daddies on the field
REALLY hmm I thought ridley was bad azz, should be already replacing JJ dont you think? weren't they 3 deep at WR, id say JJ is way overpaid and no way Amari gets close to that, they arent in the same tier NOR do the cowboys FO do stupid stuff like that anymore SANS a QB in which all teams go market..all this Ridley talk and how WR in the draft first round are doiung so well, id say Ridley must be disappointing to overpay Julio like that..

If Amari believes he can make OBJ, JJ, and Brown money he will be on his last year with us..just like Tank isnt Donald or mack he wont get that money either..Cowboys would be smart to take hard stance on all this craziness..

CWR

Reaction score
My, my, my.....every passing day w/o locking up our guys is starting to cost us $$$$$$$

I cant stand sitting on our hands waiting for other to "set the market." Why wouldn't we want to get ahead of it? Unless players/agents are completely unreasonable.

Proof

Reaction score
Your funny. Go to pro football reference and then watch highlights. Body of work cannot be compared.
If you asked me who I would rather have for the next 5 years I would say Cooper because he is younger, but AJ is honestly better.
Let's stop the homerism please.

Lol @ watch highlights. That’s cute.

I’d have AJ right above Amari in the tier below the big three and nuk. Them along with Mike Evans, Thielen, Michael Thomas, Devante Adams and Keenan Allen

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I cant stand sitting on our hands waiting for other to "set the market." Why wouldn't we want to get ahead of it? Unless players/agents are completely unreasonable.
Maybe Coop and his agents want to wait. Unless we offer a ridiculous amount, it's better for Amari to wait and watch, he has no urgency to sign, he can wait and watch how a possible OBJ restructure, Julio extension, Thomas negotiations go. There is absolutely nothing to make him want to sign a deal any earlier.

CWR

Reaction score
Maybe Coop and his agents want to wait. Unless we offer a ridiculous amount, it's better for Amari to wait and watch, he has no urgency to sign, he can wait and watch how a possible OBJ restructure, Julio extension, Thomas negotiations go. There is absolutely nothing to make him want to sign a deal any earlier.

Except for a big old chunk of guarenteed money lol. I mean if you start putting together fair offers I cant imagine a guy not being tempted. I get your point though.

MojaveJT

Reaction score

That’s the thing with this FO. They are far too reactive than proactive in everything they do.

Reactions: CWR

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Except for a big old chunk of guarenteed money lol. I mean if you start putting together fair offers I cant imagine a guy not being tempted. I get your point though.
The problem is what was "fair" 2 months ago, say $17.5 million and 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL, has changed. There was Julio possibly getting a big extension, Tyreek Hill and Michael Thomas working on new deals. Cooper's agents knew all that so why take the first or second "fair" early offer and not just sit and wait for the increase in the market? If Cooper had had a mediocre or otherwise nondescript performance after the trade, then maybe he might be tempted to sign early. Instead, he holds all the cards, he was a top WR after being traded, for a 1st rd draft pick. After that kind of performance and investment, he knows Dallas is going to have to pay up and he knows the longer he waits the higher that price goes up. Even if Dallas won't pay the price, they know that there will be a team willing to.

LOL at people blaming the FO for not "wanting" to get a deal done early with Cooper. The Team knows the price and guaranteed money will continue to rise, but Cooper has the incentive to make them wait, not the other way around. It would be very tempting to sign for say $17 million a year, but if your agent says, "Wait a little while and I can get you $19-20 million maybe more with more guaranteed." I think I would just smile and say I can wait a little bit.

CWR

Reaction score
The problem is what was "fair" 2 months ago, say $17.5 million and 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL, has changed. There was Julio possibly getting a big extension, Tyreek Hill and Michael Thomas working on new deals. Cooper's agents knew all that so why take the first or second "fair" early offer and not just sit and wait for the increase in the market? If Cooper had had a mediocre or otherwise nondescript performance after the trade, then maybe he might be tempted to sign early. Instead, he holds all the cards, he was a top WR after being traded, for a 1st rd draft pick. After that kind of performance and investment, he knows Dallas is going to have to pay up and he knows the longer he waits the higher that price goes up. Even if Dallas won't pay the price, they know that there will be a team willing to.

LOL at people blaming the FO for not "wanting" to get a deal done early with Cooper. The Team knows the price and guaranteed money will continue to rise, but Cooper has the incentive to make them wait, not the other way around. It would be very tempting to sign for say $17 million a year, but if your agent says, "Wait a little while and I can get you $19-20 million maybe more with more guaranteed." I think I would just smile and say I can wait a little bit.

Meh, theres a middle ground to be had. Every agent doesn't hold every player back from signing early. This front office is clearly looking to sign guys as cheaply as possible. We wait as a tactic not by accident. You think Zeke or Dak wouldn't be ready to accept a contract now?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
My, my, my.....every passing day w/o locking up our guys is starting to cost us $$$$$$$

So Julio Jones who is 3 yrs older(30) than amari is going to most likely get a 4 yr deal 80mil

Amari will come in around 17-18mil for 6yrs and i use the annual avg instead of the overall number because i know most of you overreact with the annual avg lol.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Meh, theres a middle ground to be had. Every agent doesn't hold every player back from signing early. This front office is clearly looking to sign guys as cheaply as possible. We wait as a tactic not by accident. You think Zeke or Dak wouldn't be ready to accept a contract now?
Of course it's up to the player, Amari is young and would probably like to get paid, probably a lot. Most agents will hold players back from signing early, especially young emerging players, if they feel they can get a better deal. Amari's agent is not a stranger to playing hardball and holding players out, he also represents Mack, he held out CJ2K going into a season. He got Justin Houston, at the time the 2nd highest non-QB contract in NFL history, several years ago.

Segal also helped CB Trumaine Johnson play the franchise-tag game to perfection. After making slightly under $30.7 million the last two seasons with the Rams while on franchise tags, Johnson signed a five-year, $72.5 million deal with the Jets containing $45 million in guarantees this offseason. He is making a little less than $56.7 million from 2016 through 2018, which includes the first year of the Jets contract. The almost $56.7 million is NFL record compensation for a cornerback over a three-year period.

Fans want to believe that it's all about the love for the game, but guys want to get paid, especially guys that know that they're stock is rising. Sure there are times that guys will take a less to stay with a team, but those usually are older players with limited interest or have already had big contracts and start thinking about their legacy. Don't confuse Cooper's quiet demeanor with not wanting to get paid, that's why they hire guys like Segal.