Fan cutouts to fill stands

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by Wolf2k5, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Well-Known Member

1,516 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    I saw some baseball teams were going to do a promo where you pay to have a cardboard cutout of yourself sitting in the stands for all the home games. They then send it to you afterwards to have.

will the NFL do the same and if so would you purchase one?

Tangle_Foot likes this.
  2. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,575 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    Depending on what it costs, it would be fun to do.

Tangle_Foot likes this.
  3. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

12,739 Messages
    21,237 Likes Received
    Lol

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  4. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

16,243 Messages
    10,986 Likes Received
    No idea why anybody would pay for that lol

5. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

26,883 Messages
    46,352 Likes Received
    I want a cut out of me to watch games on TV with me. Finally find someone not to argue with me.

6. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

4,590 Messages
    18,646 Likes Received
    I would want multiple cutouts reactions, depending on play outcome.
    :) :mad: o_O :facepalm:

Maybe I could get a package deal:laugh:

BoysfaninVegas and Wolf2k5 like this.
  7. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

16,090 Messages
    15,040 Likes Received
    Well, people spend money to buy plots of land on Mars so anything is possible.

If you wish to do this, I would prefer you just Venmo me some money and I'll use it to finish my basement. Your name will be immortalized on a plaque that will hang down there. Hell, I will write your name and any message you want on the framing lumber.

8. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

18,380 Messages
    22,528 Likes Received
    That sounds stupid to me. If I'm not sitting in the stands, why pay for a cardboard replacement? How absurd is that? Thanks, anyway!:omg:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Cattle_Rancher likes this.
  9. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

15,746 Messages
    21,696 Likes Received
    Boy I don't envy the person going through the pictures if they do this.

Wolf2k5 likes this.
  10. Texas2Step41

Texas2Step41 Active Member

136 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Should only be Jimmy Johnsons

Wolf2k5 likes this.
  11. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

22,768 Messages
    43,859 Likes Received
    What I really don't want is pumped in crowd noise. If there's no crowd then let me hear what's going on in the game, although I guess censoring choice words could be a problem.

I'd much rather hear the game than fake noise, and I've heard every curse word in the book, but no doubt someone out there would feel *GASP* offended. :rolleyes:

12. lane

lane The Chairman

13,025 Messages
    5,183 Likes Received
    :laugh:

13. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

7,548 Messages
    2,719 Likes Received
    I'm wondering if this might inspire some virtual reality game experiences. I always thought there would be a market for pro sports to have the ability for fans to buy virtual tickets. You could have different seats available, and could have "fans" around you. This would help you "feel" at the game. I'm sure the technology could be developed. With VR goggles and the right headphones, I'm sure you could get more of a fan experience than just playing ball at an empty stadium and pumping in crowd noise (like MLB).

I'm watching the Royals and Cardinals right now. The pumped in crowd noise reminds me of a 70s sitcom.

14. Hagman

Hagman Put Niland and Green in the ROH

1,579 Messages
    959 Likes Received
    So fill the stands with cardboard cut outs that just sit there and don’t cheer, don’t clap, don’t make any noise… So you’re saying it would be a lot like a regular AT&T Stadium crowd.

TonyS, Wolf2k5 and Air Force One like this.
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

27,121 Messages
    23,116 Likes Received
    Pay for it?

LMAO

16. HotDog37

HotDog37 Well-Known Member

556 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    Why not make the setting to something very small and allow virtual attendance via zoom for a settled attendance price. Have your mini Jumbotron and have a running ticker of some fans, sometimes showing faces with a time delay (to edit out the punks). It would be like arena football without the live crowd but with a live virtual crowd. If it was done right it could be interesting. Have some of the players do some virtual zoom interviews after the game and if you pay to watch the game you get discounts on various snacks going forward like popcorn. Beer (hey no one cares if you're virtual). Beef Jerky. Stuff like that. :D

Wolf2k5 likes this.