Fans need a scapegoat

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak didn’t look dejected or lost. He looked fine to me. No different than how he usually looks. He didn’t care. You are creating a false narrative. They don’t care about winning. They’ve had 6 losses and more than enough time to figure out how to turn it around and they have yet to do so. If he cared so much, he’d be like Aikman on the sideline, but he isn’t. Sitting there playing kids games on the Microsoft surface on the sideline while your defense is out there sucking it up isn’t caring. Caring would be calling folks out. He isn’t doing that. You’re a fool to believe him or anyone else on this team cares. That’s what they want you to believe. Here’s the shocker for you: They don’t.
I'd appreciate it if you'd stay away from personal attacks and name calling. Believe me, I can do that with the best of them, but that's not why I'm here.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I'd appreciate it if you'd stay away from personal attacks and name calling. Believe me, I can do that with the best of them, but that's not why I'm here.

Did I call you a name? I said “You’d be a fool to believe in this team” meaning, anyone who believes that this team cares is being mindless, and “You’re creating a false narrative”. Where did I attack you? If I did something, I didn’t mean to. I don’t like name calling either, but I’m trying to figure out where I went wrong exactly...?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I think they all care about winning. If you saw Dak on the bench looking dejected and lost, you couldn't come to the conclusion he doesn't care. He just doesn't seem to know how to turn it around, just as the rest of them, including the coaches don't.
This ship will be nearly impossible to right before the off season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did I call you a name? I said “You’d be a fool to believe in this team” meaning, anyone who believes that this team cares is being mindless, and “You’re creating a false narrative”. Where did I attack you? If I did something, I didn’t mean to. I don’t like name calling either, but I’m trying to figure out where I went wrong exactly...?
You knew I believe they care, and that's exactly what you said I'd be a fool to do. If that's not what you meant, cool.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Eh. The entire team cannot be a scapegoat. Anyone with eyes would realize it’s not just Dak. It’s not just Garrett. It’s not just Zeke. It’s everyone. No one on this team has balls. No one on this team CARES. Who cares about winning- was heard for the Dallas Locker room after the loss. You think Zeke cares about us after he got paid? Really? You think Dak cares about winning? D-Law? Amari? Jaylon? Maher? Sean Lee? Why would they care when they play for the most gullible owner in the league? Why would they care when they get paid millions every week? What’s the incentive to care? There is none, which is why they go out and do the same thing every week. Lose. That’s the only thing this team knows how to do properly. Winning is nothing but a bonus to them. Not a goal.

If only the guys who work year round to play these games, then go on the field and take the punishment, cared about winning as much as you. :rolleyes:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE....

3hyqwg.jpg

Dak didn’t look dejected or lost. He looked fine to me. No different than how he usually looks. He didn’t care. You are creating a false narrative. They don’t care about winning. They’ve had 6 losses and more than enough time to figure out how to turn it around and they have yet to do so. If he cared so much, he’d be like Aikman on the sideline, but he isn’t. Sitting there playing kids games on the Microsoft surface on the sideline while your defense is out there sucking it up isn’t caring. Caring would be calling folks out. He isn’t doing that. You’re a fool to believe him or anyone else on this team cares. That’s what they want you to believe. Here’s the shocker for you: They don’t.
100 Likes!

I blame not drinking from my Cowboys coffee mug yesterday.
And I blame forgetting to give my @waldoputty a kiss. :muttley:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
You knew I believe they care, and that's exactly what you said I'd be a fool to do. If that's not what you meant, cool.

Whatever. I don’t need another phildadon on my back while he’s away. You have yet to answer my question. You believe a QB that was playing Microsoft surface games on the sidelines while getting beat down 23-7 is good and caring? You believe a QB that goes up to the podium after every loss with the same speech cares? You believe a QB that says nothing in the locker room or pregame to hype up his teammates cares? This isn’t just targeted at Dak either. I’m talking the whole team. Besides Bennett, who else here cares? I’m not seeing the same thing you are seeing, my friend.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If only the guys who work year round to play these games, then go on the field and take the punishment, cared about winning as much as you. :rolleyes:

I know you are being sarcastic, however, your sarcasm is right. They aren’t taking any “punishment” as long as their stats stay up, and the money keeps flowing in. They aren’t hurting as long as the money, women, fame, stats, highlights, and more keep coming in. You will see the truth for what it is one day. It is just a matter of time. These players could care less about me or you. It’s all about the moolah and the celebrity status.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Don't ever argue with a cowboys fan.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Whatever. I don’t need another phildadon on my back while he’s away. You have yet to answer my question. You believe a QB that was playing Microsoft surface games on the sidelines while getting beat down 23-7 is good and caring? You believe a QB that goes up to the podium after every loss with the same speech cares? You believe a QB that says nothing in the locker room or pregame to hype up his teammates cares? This isn’t just targeted at Dak either. I’m talking the whole team. Besides Bennett, who else here cares? I’m not seeing the same thing you are seeing, my friend.
I didn't realize he was playing games on the bench. Where did you hear this?

If true, that's not what I think a leader should be doing, but maybe he does it to calm down, I don't know...but I most definitely saw him sitting on the bench looking lost and dejected.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is worse?

A. Fans needing a scapegoat

OR

B. A fan needing to take 3 hours to watch the game on rewind and look for ANY shred of evidence that the players did nothing wrong. Then coming on the forum and writing a long winded play by play analysis biasedly projecting that agenda.

You of all folk's here referring to an agenda is like Jack the ripper making sure the girl gets home safely....LOL...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I thought Romo summed it up pretty well during the broadcast.

He said it’s the little things that are the difference like turnovers and penalties .

And in order to beat the better teams we must dominate the TOP pounding the rushing game preventing the opponents more opportunities to score. And when we have these long drives must finish them with TD’s.

When opponents take us out of this proven method for us to win along with slow starts and early deficits we become an easier team to defeat.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know you are being sarcastic, however, your sarcasm is right. They aren’t taking any “punishment” as long as their stats stay up, and the money keeps flowing in. They aren’t hurting as long as the money, women, fame, stats, highlights, and more keep coming in. You will see the truth for what it is one day. It is just a matter of time. These players could care less about me or you. It’s all about the moolah and the celebrity status.
Oh, so you expect them to care about us? That's a bit much to expect. They care about winning, but they do it for themselves, not us.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I didn't realize he was playing games on the bench. Where did you hear this?

If true, that's not what I think a leader should be doing, but maybe he does it to calm down, I don't know...but I most definitely saw him sitting on the bench looking lost and dejected.

That “lost and dejected” look is all for show. He saw the camera and faked it. I don’t blame him. He’s the golden child of the Cowboys. Cant ruin that image.

irishline

Reaction score
Why is it that you guys don't understand that when we are down by 10 points or more why we stopped relying on 4 yards and a cloud of dust Zeke?

Zeke had 56 yards rushing on 9 carries in the first quarter of the game. We were up 7-0. We then proceeded to give him 2 carries during the entire second quarter. The end of the half it was 13-7 Bills.

What part of that statement remotely matches what you said above? Score? No. Yards per carry? No. At least look at a play-by-play or something before making a statement about last night's game that fails to have a single fact in it.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Oh, so you expect them to care about us? That's a bit much to expect. They care about winning, but they do it for themselves, not us.

Without us, they’d be nothing so yes. I do expect them to care about winning not only for themselves, but the fans. But, believe it or not, they don’t care about either so it doesn’t really matter.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This game the haters managed to convince emotional fans to join the "Dax Sucked" narrative.

Garrett has been a complete failure this season and Garrett reached an all time low with the Bills game.

Many fans wanted Garrett to fail beyond the point of no return and now he has done it.

Yet, the majority of fans are so emotional that they can't even realize what has happened.

They want to cry and claim that Dak had a bad game.

None of the cry-babies have even reviewed the game but think that they know what happened.

Emotional Fan: "Awe seen it wit my own eye balls...that Dak feller sux"

Question to emotional fans: Did you review the game?

Emotional Fan: Naw. I don't do that.

Question to emotional fan: Don't you want to know that really happened?

Emotional Fan: Well, I had a 12 pack during the game and only missed a dozen or so plays while I went to recycle that beeeer. Oh yah, I also went out to smoke a few times but my buddies told me what happened.

Summary:
The Cowboys lost.

Emotional Fans can't get a narrative going on the usual suspects below:
  • Garrett succeed on his high risk 4th down call. Makes it harder to blame him.
  • Zeke didn't get stuffed much (because he barely had any rushes). Makes it harder to blame him.
  • The defense didn't have that many terrible plays. Makes it harder to blame them...
  • The WRs didn't have too many drops. Makes it harder to blame them.
  • Jeff Heath did NOT play. Makes it harder to blame him, although @Sydia probably did anyway...
  • Jourdan Lewis did play. Emotional fans asked for him. They won't admit he was one of the worst players in the game.

That leaves Dak to take the the blame. Just a few negative posts about Dak and the followers with get on board the narrative. People that have not and never have reviewed game footage will argue any and all points about the positive aspects of how Dak played.

Emotion Fans will claim Dak sucked until the Cowboys next big win and then many of them will deny even claiming Dak sucked. The others will go back to their hovels just waiting for another game where they can entice emotional fans into believing their narrative that Dak sux.

There are probably still a few lingering Romo haters that hope he will return to play in the NFL and will really suck which would allow them to attempt to create a narrative that he always sucked. I envision one of those Japanese Soldiers cast away on an island and 10 years later didn't know the war was over.
You created a thread putting emotional fans in a negative spotlight. But then you get all emotional while doing that. So only one thing comes to mind.

I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.