Fans need a scapegoat

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Summary:
The Cowboys lost.

That leaves Dak to take the the blame.

Two turnovers from Dak. That's enough to lose a game. You can argue how much those should fall on Dak's shoulders. Also argue that with 49 passes, expecting no turnovers is unrealistic.

Two drives ending in turnovers in your own territory. 7 Bills points. Lucky it wasn't 10.

Then two missed FGs. Then going for it on 4th and 6 at the end of the 3rd. 9 points we failed to grab.

5 failed drives that handed them the ball in FG range twice, and thrice failed to get us points in FG range.

Dak hurt us some with the turnovers. Maher about as much by missing FGs. Going for it on 4th and 6.

Then the defense letting Beasley walk over us.

Plenty of blame to go around.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
For the record, I see other reasons they lost. I saw them go away from the run, when it was working successfully. I saw Witten drop a couple of passes. I saw the O-line screw the pooch a few times. I saw the defense look terrible.

None of this means Dak played well, but at no point did I blame him for the game. He made mistakes and didn't look good.

I have to say, this emotionally charged post just dropped my respect level down a bit.

Somehow Garrett going for it on 4rth and inches on the 20 showed us he’s a special coach, even though we ended up punting later on that same drive..

Uh no that just showed us how out of touch he is. We were on the wrong side of the 50 to be going for it so early in the game.. Just more evidence of him not getting it....:facepalm:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
WOW, just WOW.... someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed :huh:

OP kinda lost me when he said Garrett's 4th down and 1/2 inch call early in the game meant I cant blame him.

There was a hell of a lot more going on besides that to blame Garrett, like terrible clock management yet again for the 2 millionth time.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I thought Romo summed it up pretty well during the broadcast.

He said it’s the little things that are the difference like turnovers and penalties .

And in order to beat the better teams we must dominate the TOP pounding the rushing game preventing the opponents more opportunities to score. And when we have these long drives must finish them with TD’s.

When opponents take us out of this proven method for us to win along with slow starts and early deficits we become an easier team to defeat.

Better teams defined as anybody over .500...……yeah, that has clearly been established.

Garrett cannot beat teams over .500, its like the 11th commandment at this point.:laugh:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
One fourth down call doesn't absolve Garrett of all the bad decisions in that game.
The 4th down call at our own 20 and the 4th down call when we were down 16 were both stupid. But people wanted him to be aggressive and “play to win”. I thought they were reckless.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak had a bad outing against the Bills but has been one of the best QBs in the league this year. I am far from Dak's #1 fan, but both of those things are true.

Garrett has sucked for a decade and never changed. Never gotten any better. Just kept feeding everyone that "process" BS to buy him time. He wasted HoF level careers for Romo, Witten, Ware, and T. Smith.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Better teams defined as anybody over .500...……yeah, that has clearly been established.

Garrett cannot beat teams over .500, its like the 11th commandment at this point.:laugh:
We certainly haven’t this year . But that’s not just on Garrett . That’s on the entire organization including the players who aren’t good enough to beat them.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why are we abandoning the running game would you say?

Coaching...……..players are not drawing up plays in the dirt out there.

We have very poor coaching in Dallas, it is so bad that the Dallas media like Fish is now writing articles on the top names to fill the coaching vacancy. The Dallas media is treating this like a done deal, there is no question of if Garrett will be fired or not, its a done deal. I just saw a tweet from maybe Scruggs, cant remember, but it has Urban Meyer and Josh McDaniels listed as the top two choices of Jerry.

Garrett is DONE, they are just letting him finish the season out of respect.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The 4th down call at our own 20 and the 4th down call when we were down 16 were both stupid. But people wanted him to be aggressive and “play to win”. I thought they were reckless.
It was the most unusual call I’ve ever seen. My best friend who was at the game called it a “ desperate call”.

This is what a toxic environment Jerry created has left us. It’s a sad time in Cowboys Nation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coaching...……..players are not drawing up plays in the dirt out there.

We have very poor coaching in Dallas, it is so bad that the Dallas media like Fish is now writing articles on the top names to fill the coaching vacancy. The Dallas media is treating this like a done deal, there is no question of if Garrett will be fired or not, its a done deal. I just saw a tweet from maybe Scruggs, cant remember, but it has Urban Meyer and Josh McDaniels listed as the top two choices of Jerry.

Garrett is DONE, they are just letting him finish the season out of respect.
I agree . It is a done deal. It’s time for Garrett to leave. Too toxic environment now.

And I have no hope Jerry will make a better decision moving forward or not poison a good decision.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's plenty of blame to go around for losing to the Buffalo Bills. We lost as a team, that much is abundantly obvious. Singling out individuals is a lazy and pointless perspective to choose. Whenever a football team loses, it's a collective effort, otherwise, they just wouldn't be a team. Both the players and their coaches are to blame also, unless someone is just inclined to single out a scapegoat.

Let's not forget about the organizational setup as a whole. Suffice it to say, the front office brass certainly isn't blameless, either! If the owner/GM, Jerry Jones, is truly as frustrated as he says, he might do well to take a long look into the mirror, as well as those around him. After all, he had way more than a little to do in choosing those whom he chooses to hold accountable.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I agree . It is a done deal. It’s time for Garrett to leave. Too toxic environment now.

And I have no hope Jerry will make a better decision moving forward or not poison a good decision.

Between Urban Meyer and Josh McDaniels who do you like better?

I personally like Meyer better, he has more skins on the wall and has won Championships at the college level, reminds me of Jimmy.

McDaniels might be a product of the Patriots, he sucked as head coach in Denver and turned down the offer from the Colts so I dont know.

Whats your take on them? Or do you have another choice you like better?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Between Urban Meyer and Josh McDaniels who do you like better?

I personally like Meyer better, he has more skins on the wall and has won Championships at the college level, reminds me of Jimmy.

McDaniels might be a product of the Patriots, he sucked as head coach in Denver and turned down the offer from the Colts so I dont know.

Whats your take on them? Or do you have another choice you like better?
I honestly can’t see either coming here.

I’d look outside the names often thrown up by the media. Probably someone who’s phone isn’t ringing from other teams. That’s been more of the model since Jimmy left.

But I can’t see Myer being a Puppet. Maybe Daniels?

It will need to be someone Jerry’s comfortable with. Someone who understands who’s running the show and be willing to be humiliated.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In most cases since Jimmy left Jerry’s choices for HC’s have not come from a list of top candidates.

Switzer, Gailey, Campo, Parcells, Phillips and Garrett none of which I recall being highly touted by other teams at the time.

Only one ever returned to HC again.

This past week has only further tainted how toxic an environment Jerry’s ways presents.

I can’t imagine any top prospect coming here unless he can’t land a job elsewhere.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I honestly can’t see either coming here.

I’d look outside the names often thrown up by the media. Probably someone who’s phone isn’t ringing from other teams. That’s been more of the model since Jimmy left.

But I can’t see Myer being a Puppet. Maybe Daniels?

It will need to be someone Jerry’s comfortable with. Someone who understands who’s running the show and be willing to be humiliated.

Yeah, Meyer is going to want some control over player personnel so that might be a deal breaker with Jerry, I dont know. Meyer may be willing to let Jerry take a front seat since he was kinda forced to resign at Ohio State and he probably doesn't want to end his coaching career like that. I might could see that.

I think Daniels is staying in New England waiting for Hoodie to retire, him turning down the Colts job tells me something was promised to him.

Maybe we look at a coordinator somewhere, like the OC for the Ravens or the DC for the niners.

Obviously Riley is my first choice but I just dont see him leaving Oklahoma unless Jerry backs up the Brink's truck for him.:laugh: