Favorable schedule to begin season

aria

Reaction score
Hey, @aria , look at our division opponents' 2019 strength of schedules. They all 3 are at the very bottom (easiest by far compared to the Cowboys). Do you still want to argue that Baddell and his cronies don't fix things up against our Cowboys???
Yeah, because last year the Giants and Commanders both had tougher schedules than us AND had much worse records than us the year before. In 2017, the Giants played the most teams coming off a bye, including us who had ten days off before playing them, which is clearly advantageous to us.

So this year when we have a tougher schedule negates the past two years when two of our rivals had more difficult schedules AND worse records? Lol, take off your blinders dude.

aria

Reaction score
Hey, @aria , look at our division opponents' 2019 strength of schedules. They all 3 are at the very bottom (easiest by far compared to the Cowboys). Do you still want to argue that Baddell and his cronies don't fix things up against our Cowboys???
Just since you clearly haven’t read either article and/or are still in denial, I’ll post them both right here in one convenient spot for you :) I’d appreciate it if you read them this time so I don’t have to continuously repeat myself and tell you why you’re wrong. It’s all literally spelled out right here for you and it clearly disproves your scheduling conspiracy theory.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...s-have-it-easiest-packers-face-roughest-ride/

http://www.footballperspective.com/the-chiefs-schedule-is-rest-friendly-the-giants-is-not/

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Strength of schedule is ok. But it's little things I swear the league does to the cowboys. Of coarse eagles and giants we play the 2nd game on the road when it's the coldest. That has been a trend now for some time. At saints, pats, and bears. Out of the 4 playoff teams we only play one at home, the rams. The 3 game stretch around thanksgiving is alot of traveling but we play the bills at home on a short week after playing NE.
Interesting perspective.

I don’t like the fact we’ll go a month without a Sunday afternoon game beginning Oct 20th with Sun nite, then bye, followed by Mon nite and another Sun nite with the next afternoon game Nov 17th.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And the only reason we make the playoffs is because we did not play a team with a winning record. I can see the posts now.
I think we’ll play some teams with a winning record . The bigger argument might be how many teams we beat with a winning record and or playoff teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We play only 1 playoff team in the first half of our schedule, you. On the downside, we’re the only team in the NFL with road games in 3 consecutive weeks.
Except Oakland who isn’t home for over a month since their game in London they are labeled the home team. Check their schedule. Seems like they are away from Oakland like 5 or 6 weeks. Unbelievable

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Even though team strength varies from year to year here is the projection based on 2018:

NFL strength of schedule for 2019 season

Rank Team Opponents' win % last season
1. Oakland Raiders .539
2. Denver Broncos .537
3. Jacksonville Jaguars .531
4. Houston Texans .527
5. Chicago Bears .520
6. Kansas City Chiefs .520
7. Indianapolis Colts .518
8. Atlanta Falcons .518
9. Tennessee Titans .514
10. Minnesota Vikings .512
11. San Francisco 49ers .510
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers .508
13. Arizona Cardinals .508
14. Green Bay Packers .504
15. Dallas Cowboys .504
16. Carolina Panthers .502
17. Los Angeles Chargers .502
18. Miami Dolphins .500
19. Pittsburgh Steelers .496
20. Baltimore Ravens .496
21. Detroit Lions .496
22. New Orleans Saints .488
23. Cleveland Browns .484
24. Buffalo Bills .480
25. Seattle Seahawks .479
26. Philadelphia Eagles .477
27. Cincinnati Bengals .473
28. New York Jets .473
29. New York Giants .473
30. Los Angeles Rams .473
31. New England Patriots .473
32. Washington Commanders .469

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...trength-of-schedule/uul8u61c5vx715vm8xynhn7ci
Very interesting.

No doubt playing the Chiefs and Chargers twice is brutal but the Chiefs with their 1st place schedule drew 6th toughest schedule but Chargers 17th. Illustrated just how much tougher the 1st place schedule is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nice OP...and finally a pre season where we can keep in tune with watching developments, and with a positive reference set of points!!:starspin:

Could this schedule protect the team in challenging but something in protection of injuries that have to be carried along through the season as well?
Good question ..

I think an easier opening schedule provides a young team the opportunity to build confidence going into the tougher stretch. And if we had some injuries early time to overcome them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Or how poorly a team will play after a poor season. Every season we get the disappointment and surprise teams and the Cowboys have been both.

FA has allowed the tweaking for some teams and the fall of others. There are more NFC teams that I consider in it, at this point, that there are teams out of it. Each division has at least two teams and the North and South 3. That's 10 out of 16 and I could be missing a team.

The key this season, as it is every season, is health. And the team picked by most to win our division has a very shaky injury situation at QB.
Yep

I’d say Minn and Green Bay are 2 teams that could be tougher this year on our schedule . Fortunately we have both at home. And the Bills have a great defense. At Detroit is always tough place to win too.

Several non playoff teams from last year could present very tough outs as recent playoff teams and potentially be a playoff team this year.

I’d say any great defense we plays presents a challenge for our lower tier offense. Hopefully our offense with all of the talent it has will elevate themselves this season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think it’s a better illustration how much tougher a 1st place schedule is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ultimately we’ll need a better team this year to have as good of record as last year because of the tougher schedule finishing in 1st presents.

The Cowboys recent history this era hasn’t been favorable when facing a 1st place schedule. There’s been other contributing factors of course but a tougher schedule can be attributed.

JayFord

Reaction score
I doubt we start off 3-0

If we do we’ll finish 9-7

I prefer to start off 0-1 we usually make the playoffs when we start slow

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Except Oakland who isn’t home for over a month since their game in London they are labeled the home team. Check their schedule. Seems like they are away from Oakland like 5 or 6 weeks. Unbelievable

I think that also stems from their situation though. They really have no home games, I wouldn’t be surprised if they drew half crowds this year.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Sound you consider their situation less favorable that yours?

Well, playing in Oakland May be a hostile environment for them this year, so there is no apples to apples there IMO.

They have 2 road games, a spiritual home game, a bye week, and then 2 road games. We have 3 consecutive road games in a span of 15 days. Take your pick.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, playing in Oakland May be a hostile environment for them this year, so there is no apples to apples there IMO.

They have 2 road games, a spiritual home game, a bye week, and then 2 road games. We have 3 consecutive road games in a span of 15 days. Take your pick.
Being away from your home field for 6 weeks I’d argue is worse. But spin it how you will.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Being away from your home field for 6 weeks I’d argue is worse. But spin it how you will.

They’ll be away from their home field for the whole season. Remember they didn’t even initially want to be in Oakland, they’re stuck there. It’s not spin, I can find plenty of articles.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They’ll be away from their home field for the whole season. Remember they didn’t even initially want to be in Oakland, they’re stuck there. It’s not spin, I can find plenty of articles.
Again an attempt to redirect the fact they will be away from their home field longer.