Favorable schedule to begin season

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll take a home game in another stadium vs a road game in my opponents stadium every single day. You wouldn't?
The bottom line to my argument is the Raiders will be away from their home field longer than any team this year. The rest can be narrated however you choose.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The bottom line to my argument is the Raiders will be away from their home field longer than any team this year. The rest can be narrated however you choose.

And you said it because my bottom line was the Eagles were the only team to go into hostile environments 3 consecutive weeks. After all these posts, all you did was verify that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And you said it because my bottom line was the Eagles were the only team to go into hostile environments 3 consecutive weeks. After all these posts, all you did was verify that.
But I didn’t deny your post. I simply stated the Raiders would be away from home longer.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You do remember this Cowboys won the East last year....right?

I think the poster is aware of that, I am pretty sure what he was referring to was the 3-5 start.

His point is that the schedule is front loaded with easier games and gets progressively harder towards the end. If we start 3-5 again, then that means we will really be in trouble considering all the harder games to come.

Am I the only one that understood what he was talking about?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Interesting perspective.

I don’t like the fact we’ll go a month without a Sunday afternoon game beginning Oct 20th with Sun nite, then bye, followed by Mon nite and another Sun nite with the next afternoon game Nov 17th.

That's because virtually every dam game is nationally televised...……Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night, Thanksgiving, ect…..

The Cowboys, even when we suck, still draw the highest ratings in the league. That is why all the networks want our games in prime time slots. We could be the Bills, our Thanksgiving day game is the only game they play in that is nationally televised. Kinda fell bad for them:(

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think we’ll play some teams with a winning record . The bigger argument might be how many teams we beat with a winning record and or playoff teams.

We have 6 games against playoff teams, Pats, Bears, Rams, Saints, and Eagles twice. These games will determine how our season goes.

6-0 or 5-1...………...we will probably have the number one seed in that case

4-2...……………….probably good enough to win the division, probably not good enough for a bye

3-3 or 2-4...……….we are probably a wildcard team if we are this bad against the playoff teams from last year.

1-5 or 0-6...……………….we are not making the playoffs and Clappy should start cleaning out his office.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have 6 games against playoff teams, Pats, Bears, Rams, Saints, and Eagles twice. These games will determine how our season goes.

6-0 or 5-1...………...we will probably have the number one seed in that case

4-2...……………….probably good enough to win the division, probably not good enough for a bye

3-3 or 2-4...……….we are probably a wildcard team if we are this bad against the playoff teams from last year.

1-5 or 0-6...……………….we are not making the playoffs and Clappy should start cleaning out his office.
3-3 or 2-4 scenario is probably most likely since we have 4 of those 6 on the road including NE, NO, Chi and Phil.

And of course have other potential playoff teams on schedule like GB or Minn.

Cowboys haven’t fared too well this era with 1st place schedule but our schedule appears at least early on to be favorable and critical IMO to get off to a good start.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We don’t have a playoff team until week 4.Good possibility to begin 3-0.

Only 3 games in Oct with only 1 playoff team in Egirls. Good possibility for 2 more wins.

Nov much tougher with 2 playoff teams and 3 games on the road .

And December with 3 tough playoff teams. 2 on the road in potential cold weather sites.

We must take advantage of easier schedule early getting off to a good start in Sept and Oct with at least 5-2 start.
We need a fast start. Need to play our starters in preseason and get them going. Moore will likely have some new stuff installed in the Offense and they need game speed practice before we hit regular season...