Favorite Cowboys game against the Cardinals?

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
The Cardinals have arguably been Dallas' biggest punching bag for many years- usually one of their easier opponents.

Out of the many wins the Boys have had over the Cards,

which ones are your favorites?

My choice- the game in 1992 at Texas Stadium where 'The Playmaker' had over 200 recieving yards.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was it 1992 when Emmitt Smith ran all over them on a Sunday night in Arizona? The Cowboys were wearing blue jerseys and the young Emmitt took one to the house for around 60 yards or so. Afterwards, Emmitt and Big Nate were interviewed on some kind of stage and the fans could be heard in the background going crazy over the Cowboys. I knew that this team was something special after watching that game.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
mine's more sentimental...

the first game i ever saw live at Texas Stadium was a 48-6 romp of AZ on Oct 22, 2000

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
All-time Cards game was at Texas Stadium in 1994. ****** Buddy Ryan came to town talking all kinds of ****. They blitzed like 7 guys every down and Troy picked them apart. We scored a TD on our first four drives to take a 28-0 first quarter lead. The whole crowd started to chant Budeee Budeee. It was so satisfying sticking it to him.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2322543 said:
Was it 1992 when Emmitt Smith ran all over them on a Sunday night in Arizona? The Cowboys were wearing blue jerseys and the young Emmitt took one to the house for around 60 yards or so. Afterwards, Emmitt and Big Nate were interviewed on some kind of stage and the fans could be heard in the background going crazy over the Cowboys. I knew that this team was something special after watching that game.
That was 1991 on TNT.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
My favorite was 1990. Dallas blitzes the Cards 41-10 as Emmitt scores 4 tds.

Thomas82

Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2322519 said:
The Cardinals have arguably been Dallas' biggest punching bag for many years- usually one of their easier opponents.

Out of the many wins the Boys have had over the Cards,

which ones are your favorites?

My choice- the game in 1992 at Texas Stadium where 'The Playmaker' had over 200 recieving yards.

Michael Irvin just ABUSED Lorenzo Lynch that day, after he talked all kinds of trash leading up to the game how he would shut down #88.

MONT17

Reaction score
I guess this is how u know u r getn old. I don't recall d year but I recall the game it was Qs last start b4 Bill. Hangin with LAs little brothers. Emmitt n Q got into a scuffle on d sideline and my gf was pissd because some girl wanted to rub my chest! Man boob thing!

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
I was at Sun Devil Stadium Christmas day when Emmitt set the single Season TD record. That was pretty awesome.

My second favorite game is the one where Emmitt got his shoulder broken by Roy. Not necessarily for that reason. I loved the crowd energy in Texas Stadium that day compared to the other times I've been.

alby

Reaction score
I miss the days of pre-game trash talking... Nowadays, if you talk bad about someone--the press would eat you all up.

NinjaMonkey

Reaction score
Nidan;2322703 said:
1998 playoffs

yeah That would have to be my favorite cards vs boys game as well haha...

I wouldnt mind seeing a 20 - 7 cardinal win this sunday
with both these teams offenses tho Im guna guess this will be a high scoring affair... the team that gets off to a fast start will probally end up taking it.

should be an exciting game.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Nidan;2322703 said:
1998 playoffs

Considering that was your first/only playoff win since 1947 I bet it was the highlight of your life. It must really suck to be a fan of the LEAST successful team in the NFL and crow about your one moment of glory over the MOST successful team of the SuperBowl era.

:lmao2: :loser:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Christmas 1995 when Emmitt set the record for TDs in one season by getting his 25th. Very proud I got to see that happen live.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Season opener 1998, Gailey's first game as HC, because it's the only game I have seen live. The best part was in the 4th q after we were already up by like 20 pts Erik Williams and Eric Swann got in to a fight and got ejected. Our seats were right near the opponents tunnel. We gave Swann all kind of hell as he was walking off the field. :laugh2:

Mike_45

Reaction score
The '95 Christmas game when Emmitt set the TD record.

On a side note, my father roomed with Jim Hart in College.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
My favorite is by far the game at Texas Stadium in 1992 when Michael Irvin caught I believe 8 passes, for over 200 yards, and scored 3 TDs on Lynch after he'd talked all that smack about how he'd shut Irvin down.

Another good one would be the night Dallas sealed homefield in Arizona on Christmas night in 1995 with Emmitt scoring his 25th rushing TD and Williams having a huge game (I believe 9 balls for over 200 yards).

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Emmitt Smith getting the TD record.
If I'm not mistaken, that was the same game when Buddy tried to leave the field early and was made to come back on. Al Michaels and whoever else was in the booth were just tearing him apart, what with the look on his face and a sign behind him, stating something about the company that cleans the toilets in the stadium.

Unforgettable.