Favorite player in Cowboys history

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who is your most favorite player in Cowboys history?

I've gotta go with Emmitt Smith. He was the player that made me a Cowboys fan. Loved watching him play.
I had many, Roger, Too Tall, Tony, Emmitt etc. Randy White was one of my all time favorites. I got to meet him and spend time with him when he held three camps for me a few years ago. He is the real deal! Down to earth, funny, polite, and able to be a regular guy. Love him! He's at the top of my list. Got to spend time with a few others, George Teague, Erik Williams, John Dutton and Solomon Paige were also great guys. A few others were a bit stand offish. I won't mention their names. Had a few of them over for a BBQ at my ranch after a camp. They were cool and treated my guests very well, playing dominoes, eating, drinking and signing a few autographs. Not to mention taking a crap load of selfies.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
When I was a kid, Chuck Howley was my favorite -- his ability to make big plays and stand out at OLB was remarkable. Lilly was the best player, of course. Most of my friends idolized him, if they liked defensive players. There are things you don't know when you're a kid (or an adult). I didn't fully appreciate Renfro's greatness because other teams avoided throwing in his direction. But man, what a time to be a young football fan... Perkins, Hayes, Andrie, Jordan, Edwards, Green. I wish I had appreciated Meredith at the time. Too young and dumb.

Randy White and Dorsett, Ed Jones... all favorites and great players. Cliff Harris might have been my favorite, those days. Waters was like Howley (though not at the same talent level) -- made big plays again and again.

But Staubach stands alone. People struggle to understand. It never felt like a game was lost. Maybe we just ran out of time. I still believe, given circumstances, Staubach is the greatest QB I've seen play. No there isn't statistical support. What an incredible player and human being. Maybe he is the most dedicated Cowboys "fan" to this day.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Who is your most favorite player in Cowboys history?

I've gotta go with Emmitt Smith. He was the player that made me a Cowboys fan. Loved watching him play.
I can't choose a player from the Cowboys "history" being I'm too young and didn't see some of the earlier greats. But in my timeline history, hands down....EMMITT SMITH. The man literally gave me goosebumps watching.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Man, so hard to choose just one. I guess I would have to choose Emmitt as my #1. A close second would be Dorsett, Aikman, Irvin, Moose, Larry Allen, Novacek, Ken Norton Jr., Woodson, Bates, Witten, Romo, Ware, Dez.......

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
# 12 is one if not the biggest reason we are "America's Team".......

250px-Staubach_cowboys_qb.jpg