Favorite player that didn't pan out:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
For me it's Troy Hambrick. He was a beast built in the mold of Brandon Jacobs. I thought we'd finally have a punishing power back and with a good defense would get into the 4th quarter and get wins. He unfortunately bombed as a starter.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
When I consider how talented this kid is...and how much we had invested in him...and the fact that we once again invested a 2nd round pick to TRY and replace him (and we still have not replaced him)....Martellus Bennett

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Drew Henson

Claiborne most recent although I think he pans out we just need more from him.

The Natural

Reaction score
Mike Jenkins. Its two fold why he didn't pan out. Everyone talks about the 2010 season and one play against Brandon Jacobs as a rookie while ignoring the rest of his body of work. I never really appreciated that he didnt get a fair shake to compete for a starting job when this team drafted Claiborne, but it is what it is. He's still the best man cover corner this team has drafted since Newman.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Alexander Wright. He was speedy. He came in on Johnson's team and almost immediately ran a kick back for a TD. Looked like we really had something. Danny Noonan is a close second.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I thought we would see big things from Miles Austin after his breakout year. Hammy injuries killed his explosion.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Mike Jenkins. Its two fold why he didn't pan out. Everyone talks about the 2010 season and one play against Brandon Jacobs as a rookie while ignoring the rest of his body of work. I never really appreciated that he didnt get a fair shake to compete for a starting job when this team drafted Claiborne, but it is what it is. He's still the best man cover corner this team has drafted since Newman.

arrrgg.. One of my most hated players. He had one year he played good and then the rest of the time you couldn't count on him. He was always having some kind of nagging injury too. Don't tell me I don't know anything about football either Natural. :D

mugsybows

Reaction score
If Claiborne doesn't meet potential he will be that dude for me, although I'm hoping and think he will.

I had big expectations for Roy Williams 11and was so stoked when we got him but sadly that didn't pan out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have 2 players the first was Otto Stowe a WR who came over from Miami in 1973. In 7 games for the Cowboys during the 73 season he had 23 receptions for 389 yards and 6 TD's but was injured and never played another down for the Cowboys. The other player was Mike Sherrard the Cowboys first round pick in 1986 who only played one season with the team. He had a very promising rookie year with 41 receptions for 744 yards and 5 TD's but suffered a broken leg in training camp in 87 missing the entire season. He rebroke the leg while rehabbing which ended his Cowboys career.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Drew Henson. One of only a couple of players I ever had as an av.