Feel good / Feel worried

davidariust24

Reaction score
My major concern is our secondary especially if the DL is not getting enough pressure, Goff can buckle under pressure as we have seen in the past but if given time he can torch you!

I think Dak and Zeke can and will run on this defense, just get Zeke to the LB's so he can punish them, they have smaller LB's.

I worry about the middle with Donald and Suh, Looney and Williams may benefit from misdirection and movement to negate easy penetration.

All that being said, I think we kick their arse...LOL!
I agree. We have to get to Goff. Last year he kept throwing the ball away if his receivers didn't get open quick enough which was frustrating. He will throw to Gurley alot too if nothing is open. They are very challenging because of all the options we have to cover. Covering them all is a major challenge. I think when cooper kupp went down goff didn't play the same. He had a major three headed beast alongside a RB can do it all. Hes down to a two headed beast now alongside Gurley and a very good supporting cast. They will still present a problem. Watching our defense this season makes me feel good though. I really feel our defense will be hungry and ready to play vs anything they have. They're probably not going to fool us. They will have to out physical us. I really feel our guys will be ready to go.

davidariust24

Reaction score
If the game is close in the 4th quarter the Rams are the ones that should be worried. If that team goes one and done two straight years in their stadium in the playoffs I don't want to hear about what a genius their coach is.

The pressure is on them.
I agree the pressure is on the Rams. They are at home. I dont feel the boyz will have more fans than the rams . The most I can see is around 40 percent and definitely not less than 30 percent. The rams had a phenomenal season and record and earned a bye. I'm sure they will want to punch the cowboys in the mouth ASAP. if the rams are playing from behind or going tit for tat, they aren't used to that, but we are. If I were to bet, I'd put my money on the boyz in a tight game. This game is about the high scoring and exciting new school(Rams) vs the boring run out the clock grind it out out school (Dallas).

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Feel good: I think this team has it in them. Feels like there is a good energy with this team and they are really fighting for each other on the field.

Worried: Aaron Donald disrupting things.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a game! Get over it. Not that important in the grand scheme of things, unless you bet your house in it. If you did, you are on the wrong forum.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going into this game, I feel really good about the team and their chances overall. The more I look at both teams, the better I feel.

But there are two things specifically at opposite ends of the spectrum for me:

1. I feel very good about Zeke in this game, I think the offensive line is getting healthier and I think he and the run game may be primed for a huge day. The onus is on the Rams to show something they haven't and an ability to stop the run. And that includes some timely runs from Dak as well. I think he can and will be a factor like he was last week.
  2. I'm worried about Tavon Austin. I know based on last week that I shouldn't be, but I can't help but to think he's going to try too hard and press against his former team, trying to make a huge play and ending up making a major blunder, like a muffed punt or fumble on a return. I hope I'm wrong and I don't have support that he's done it this year, but just call it a bad feeling. I hope I'm wrong about it.
How's about the rest of the forum? What are you feeling confident about and what scares you?
I feel better about this game than the Seattle game. The first few series will be my clue.

Mannix

Reaction score
My biggest concern is that The Clapping Carrot is a loser...he does not have "it"....and never will. If we get blown out tomorrow, he should be gone...but won't be.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Feel good about the defense and our chances to win.

Feel worried about our O in the red zone and Maher.

GMO415

Reaction score
I've enjoyed Cowboys for 48 years now.....
I used to let Cowboys losses get to me and I realized that was dumb. Cowboys don't care what happens to me so why get that emotionally involved with them.

Never worried

cnuball21

Reaction score
Going into this game, I feel really good about the team and their chances overall. The more I look at both teams, the better I feel.

1. I feel very good about Zeke in this game, I think the offensive line is getting healthier and I think he and the run game may be primed for a huge day. The onus is on the Rams to show something they haven't and an ability to stop the run. And that includes some timely runs from Dak as well. I think he can and will be a factor like he was last week.
  2. I'm worried about Tavon Austin. I know based on last week that I shouldn't be, but I can't help but to think he's going to try too hard and press against his former team, trying to make a huge play and ending up making a major blunder, like a muffed punt or fumble on a return. I hope I'm wrong and I don't have support that he's done it this year, but just call it a bad feeling. I hope I'm wrong about it.
How's about the rest of the forum? What are you feeling confident about and what scares you?

Worried, not so much about matchup issues, but bc we’re a much different team on the road then we are at home. I believe we have 1 win in the road against a team with a winning record.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
What I'm worried about:
Goff had an awful lot of big games this year, 9 games of 295 yds. or more. Some of them waaay big.

What I like:
We've got momentum, a tenacious defense, and Zeke. The Rams had a week off, sometimes that's a momentum killer.

gmb1

Reaction score
I'm really anxious for Saturday night. Tired of all the talk, let's get to game time and see if this is like the 91 Cowboys or the 92 Cowboys.

fansince68

Reaction score

Tavon also seems to get injured easily. I'm still not sure why he did not score on that punt return.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Honestly I feel pretty meh about it, almost hopeless

Because I think we win and New Orleans wins a close game on Sunday. And then they absolutely blow the flipping doors off of us in the super dome

Kareemovweet

Reaction score
Feel good about our D and our run game. I don't think the Rams O has been the same since Kupp went down. A little worried about the O against Donald and Company, but I think we will be ok.. IF Smith and LVE play like the beasts they have been and contain Gurley we should be good to go...

lukin2006

Reaction score
I feel good. Seattle was more worrisome. Wilson is a far better QB than Goff.

jjtrcka22

Reaction score
I remember a colts chiefs playoff game about a decade ago. Chiefs ran the ball great (pretty sure it was the Larry Johnson days) Colts had a poor run D. Most people said chiefs would run all over them. Colts ended up stuffing the run and winning the game.

It seems like when something is a virtual certainty (like Zeke running wild on a porous run defense), the opposite tends to happen a good share of the time. Maybe the other side gets tired of hearing about how bad they are at something.

I think the rams make sure they stop Zeke. Eight man boxes or just being more focused and disciplined (they have the talent). I hope I'm wrong, but I think they will hold Zeke in check. We will definitely need Dak to make some plays.

Just a random thought I had. Hopefully I'm very wrong