FIFA World Cup Prediction Time

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We're a few weeks away from the 2018 FIFA World Cup which is to be played in Russia. For those of you who don't know who all is in the World Cup, here is a link to help you with this game: https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/

Right then! Now that we have established, please select which team you are cheering for (such as England for me). Then, for fun, we will do a bit of a FIFA bracket. First, select the 8 teams that you think will go through to the Quarterfinals. Then, select the 4 teams that will go on to the Semifinal. Then, select the teams that you think will go to the Finals. Then, select who you think will win. You will receive 1 point for each correct team that you select to go to the QF. You will receive 2 points for each team that wins the SF. You will receive 3 points for choosing the correct teams to go through to the Finals, and you will receive 6 points for selecting the WC Winner. The winner will be determined by who has the most points, or if you manage to correctly predict all the winners. The winner will be the soccer king on these boards and will receive this to put in his signature for as long as he wants until we do this again in 4 year:

depositphotos_8490883-stock-photo-soccer-ball-with-crown.jpg

Sound fun?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh, and you may change your picks up until June 14 (when the tournament kicks off). After that, your picks will be locked in. Good luck!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'll start with my prediction:

Quarter Finals:

France vs Argentina
Brazil vs. Germany
Portugal vs. Japan
England vs. Spain

Semifinals:

Spain vs. Germany
Argentina vs. Portugal

Final:

Germany vs. Argentina (again)

Winner: Germany (again).

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Quarters:
Spain v France
Portugal v Argentina
Brazil v Belgium
Germany v Columbia

Semis:
France v Argentina
Brazil v Germany ----but i am rooting hard for Belgium.

France wins it all.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
If Croatia makes it to the final 4 and loses to the world cup champ i can live with that. I think Croatia will go on a nice run in Russia.

They worry me a bit defensively but have about as strong a midfield as anyone and Mandzukic is always dangerous. Perisic seems to do well at tournaments plus I think Kramaric could make a real name for himself in Russia

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
We're a few weeks away from the 2018 FIFA World Cup which is to be played in Russia. For those of you who don't know who all is in the World Cup, here is a link to help you with this game: https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/

Right then! Now that we have established, please select which team you are cheering for (such as England for me). Then, for fun, we will do a bit of a FIFA bracket. First, select the 8 teams that you think will go through to the Quarterfinals. Then, select the 4 teams that will go on to the Semifinal. Then, select the teams that you think will go to the Finals. Then, select who you think will win. You will receive 1 point for each correct team that you select to go to the QF. You will receive 2 points for each team that wins the SF. You will receive 3 points for choosing the correct teams to go through to the Finals, and you will receive 6 points for selecting the WC Winner. The winner will be determined by who has the most points, or if you manage to correctly predict all the winners. The winner will be the soccer king on these boards and will receive this to put in his signature for as long as he wants until we do this again in 4 year:

depositphotos_8490883-stock-photo-soccer-ball-with-crown.jpg

Sound fun?

I am in such pain to watch the World Cup this year. With my home country Italy out, it friggen hurts. I am going to route for Argentina or Germany as my relatives live in both nations. Would love to see an underdog win but that never happens.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am in such pain to watch the World Cup this year. With my home country Italy out, it friggen hurts. I am going to route for Argentina or Germany as my relatives live in both nations. Would love to see an underdog win but that never happens.

I suppose England would be a bit of an underdog?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I suppose England would be a bit of an underdog?

England wouldn't really be a surprise although they have 1 world cup and never won a European Cup. I still consider them a top class team in the world. So if they win I wouldn't be shocked at all. My top teams to win it all are

1 Spain
2. Germany
3. Brazil
4. France
5. Argentina

Which are the usual teams everyone picks.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
England wouldn't really be a surprise although they have 1 world cup and never won a European Cup. I still consider them a top class team in the world. So if they win I wouldn't be shocked at all. My top teams to win it all are

1 Spain
2. Germany
3. Brazil
4. France
5. Argentina

Yup, though, I personally have England at 6.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Qtrs
france
Portugal
Spain
Argentina
Belgium
Brazil
Germany
Poland

Semis
france
Belgium
Germany
Argentina

Final
Belgium
Argentina

Winners
Argentina

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I was so surprised Italy not in it wounder what happened to them?

Londonboy

Reaction score

1 Spain
2. Germany
3. Brazil
4. France
5. Argentina

England won at home in 1966, with help from a "Russian" (actually He was from Azerbaijan, but He's always been called that) linesman, the next 50+ years have been mediocre at best, 1 WC semi-final 1990, 1 Euro champs semi-final 1996 (they finished 3rd in 1968 when there were 4 teams), for whatever reason (and there have been numerous reasons and theories put forward), Our National side always sucks, at this point I'd be astonished if they won and have little optimism about them winning in My lifetime.
Still, I'll be cheering anyway and when they lose, I'll still watch (and be secretly relieved that the inevitable has happened and I've been put out of My misery and that those horrible adverts featuring Our latest batch of failures are gonna be disappearing off of My TV screen), I'll still enjoy the matches and I'll pick another team to root for (if they loose, I'll pick another etc etc, all the way to the final)
To sum up...if they win be very, very surprised.