Fifteen Years Ago Today June 29th

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Happy Birthday iPhone! The Iconic Mobile Turns 15 Today!
b4e89b6d161de4cbad82b9d49b31928d-1160406.png

29 Jun 2022

The world’s most beloved teenager celebrates 15 years of changing the way we communicate with one another, but was it always awesome? Yep.

Can you believe our baby is 15-years-old today?! Time flies when you’ve lost hours and hours of your life to social media. Today, June 29, marks the 15th birthday of the iPhone, the device that changed how we live our lives.

Apple has a formidable history of developing revolutionary technology. They gave us Mac computers in the 1970s and the iPod in 2001, but it is the iPhone that was released in 2007 that remains unchallenged as the most socially embraced device to date.
https://10play.com.au/theproject/ar...e-iconic-mobile-turns-15-today/tpa220629tbakc

Last edited by a moderator:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of my workers got that phone and first app he downloaded? A farting noise app. Drove the crew crazy. ;)

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
:laugh: Right? It was funny, phones were big, got super tiny, and then got big again.

I still remember seeing my first iPhone. My buddy had one and was letting me mess around with it. I was blown away. lol Now it's just everyday regular tech.

The first time I saw one, I was just a kid, on a job with my dad. We needed to get into some wiring in a dark room, and were both looking for a flashlight, when another dude working with us pulls out his iPhone and opened up his flashlight app. Dad and I both looked at each other like this was some sort of alien technology.

No doubt the iPhone pretty much changed the world and the way we communicate.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Happy Birthday iPhone! The Iconic Mobile Turns 15 Today!
b4e89b6d161de4cbad82b9d49b31928d-1160406.png

29 Jun 2022

The world’s most beloved teenager celebrates 15 years of changing the way we communicate with one another, but was it always awesome? Yep.

Can you believe our baby is 15-years-old today?! Time flies when you’ve lost hours and hours of your life to social media. Today, June 29, marks the 15th birthday of the iPhone, the device that changed how we live our lives.

Apple has a formidable history of developing revolutionary technology. They gave us Mac computers in the 1970s and the iPod in 2001, but it is the iPhone that was released in 2007 that remains unchallenged as the most socially embraced device to date.
https://10play.com.au/theproject/ar...e-iconic-mobile-turns-15-today/tpa220629tbakc

They came out with the Macintosh in 1984. You're thinking of the Apple II, which they came out with in '77.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I had the first one. Then for some odd reason went on a gizmo spree and tried Blackberry again, Samsung Android, Windows Nokia (which I really liked it just didn’t have enough app support), but ended up back with IPhones. Overall, the best smart phone since. They even finally found a way to have universal power adapters with the USB-C which was about the only thing I didn’t like.