Video: Film study Tyler Smith

J_Allen

Reaction score
We've needed another Erik Williams since he left. Colombo was good but not quite as good as 79. This is great news.

My guess is he fills in it left guard this year and kicks out to the left tackle the year after.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
i believe it,the Titans were the Favorite to pick him all throughout the draft process.

Really? Not a single mock draft had him going to the Titans. I just read 6 of them. Sounds like some Jones spin.

chagus

Reaction score
We've needed another Erik Williams since he left. Colombo was good but not quite as good as 79. This is great news.

My guess is he fills in it left guard this year and kicks out to the left tackle the year after.

I'll admit that i was flabbergasted by the pic last night but only because i didnt know who this guy was but it really looked like an undervalue pick. Ive since been looking around and now i don't feel THAT bad about it anymore. He's an aggressive beast. He was a need. They addressed it. Done deal.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I'll admit that i was flabbergasted by the pic last night but only because i didnt know who this guy was but it really looked like an undervalue pick. Ive since been looking around and now i don't feel THAT bad about it anymore. He's an aggressive beast. He was a need. They addressed it. Done deal.

I was also surprised because I was expecting a center and I didn't think we really needed a tackle.

After watching his highlights and then learning he'll be at left guard I am ecstatic. The offensive line is what killed this team. We never could develop a running game, what big plays we had were usually called back. The penalties and lack of running games killed us. Hopefully he can get his technique fixed quickly.

Being next to Smith is going to be huge. Not only will it help him during games but he's going to learn so much.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The issue isn’t as much Smith the player. It’s Smith at 24. If he was their guy they could have traded down and grabbed him in the second round. Probably 15 picks later. They could have picked up another top 100 pick with that trade. Time and again these idiots fumble the value of players.

I agree with you but how do we know anybody was willing to do the trade? And if you believe the Cowboys a couple teams were going to take Smith so they would have lost out on him even by trading down a couple picks. And at that point I don't think moving down from 24 to 26 would get all that much anyway; at least not enough value to miss out on Smith (if he was indeed their guy).

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Neither here nor there, fact is he is a bigger man that Conner Williams, If he is 6'5 or 6'4" and 3/4 make little difference. He bring size that Williams did not have.

Your entire premise was distinguishing the size difference between he and C-Will, and you supported contention by listing their respective heights and weights.

So, yeah, it does make a difference.

He’s 6’-41/2” 324 lbs (not 6’-6” 332 lbs)

Williams is 6’-5” 320 (weight as listed on the Dolphins website)

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Your entire premise was distinguishing the size difference between he and C-Will, and you supported contention by listing their respective heights and weights.

So, yeah, it does make a difference.

He’s 6’-41/2not 6’-6”

You right he is just like Williams except bigger. Now you feel better? I stand behind what I said he is a much bigger and stronger man than Conner Williams

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You right he is just like Williams except bigger. Now you feel better? I stand behind what I said he is a much bigger and stronger man than Conner Williams

Okay, you can feel how you want to about it but the actual numbers don’t support that contention.

BTW, Williams put up 26 reps on the bench at the Combine 4 years ago. Smith put up 25 at his Pro Day.

I’m just providing the verified numbers.

Dre11

Reaction score
The issue isn’t as much Smith the player. It’s Smith at 24. If he was their guy they could have traded down and grabbed him in the second round. Probably 15 picks later. They could have picked up another top 100 pick with that trade. Time and again these idiots fumble the value of players.

How when the Titans was trying to trade up to get him, and at least 1 other team wanted him? This is perfect example of fans not knowing what they're talking about.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
That's the type of intricacy most posters don't pick up on, and why we so often jump to conclusions without a proper foundation of knowledge. Nice post.
Beats, ‘waaaa I wanted Linderbaum!!!!!!’

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Okay, you can feel how you want to about it but the actual numbers don’t support that contention.

BTW, Williams put up 26 reps on the bench at the Combine 4 years ago. Smith put up 25 at his Pro Day.

I’m just providing the verified numbers.

Believe as you choose. You going to anyways. He is just like Conner Williams, hell they could be clones

Whyjerry

Reaction score
How when the Titans was trying to trade up to get him, and at least 1 other team wanted him? This is perfect example of fans not knowing what they're talking about.

And this is a example of a fan that thinks he is in the show. You have ZERO idea what TN was up to.

Dre11

Reaction score
And this is a example of a fan that thinks he is in the show. You have ZERO idea what TN was up to.

Neither do you, what we do know is the Titans were intersted in him they tried to trade up to Dallas spot, and immediately traded back after he was taken by Dallas. We also know Jane Slater had two teams interested. And 1 wanted to go ahead of Dallas, which you have to be a dummy to not be able to put 2 and 2 together who that was

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Neither do you, what we do know is the Titans were intersted in him they tried to trade up to Dallas spot, and immediately traded back after he was taken by Dallas. We also know Jane Slater had two teams interested. And 1 wanted to go ahead of Dallas, which you have to be a dummy to not be able to put 2 and 2 together who that was

Now we are on to Jane Slater. A total babe but also a click bit driven media hound. Signal and Noise. Not a single mock draft had Smith to TN. Smith did not have a first round grade in many circles.

Dre11

Reaction score
Now we are on to Jane Slater. A total babe but also a click bit driven media hound. Signal and Noise. Not a single mock draft had Smith to TN. Smith did not have a first round grade in many circles.

Jane is someone who also heard teams were interested. So now we use mock drafts as the Bible, just because he wasn't mocked then he wasn't on TN radar that's the dumbest thing I heard.
So now a respected Reporter is making ish up.

Here's your Titans connection

https://titansized.com/2022/03/11/tennessee-titans-2022-nfl-draft-3/

Whyjerry

Reaction score