Final PFF Grades & Rankings A Season To Forget

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hennessy_King, Jan 7, 2021.

1. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

4,178 Messages
    9,751 Likes Received
    Hard to believe Dak is our only top-10 player on offense.

Hennessy_King likes this.
  2. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

12,288 Messages
    18,713 Likes Received
    Well him and Z mart but that's a given. Coop was close to top 10 when dak was healthy

rocyaice and JJHLH1 like this.
  3. Starforever

Starforever Well-Known Member

3,329 Messages
    2,001 Likes Received
    PFF, takes all of that in to consideration, when making their rankings.

4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

42,330 Messages
    35,147 Likes Received
    Guess you are new around here....Dak was getting 500k around here and got more hate than anyone....so if you think for a second the only reason Jaylon and Zeke gets hate is because of their contract you are sadly mistaken. Their situations are isolated from Dak. Dak played well. These guys are struggling so they get hate. I understand the latter. Their contracts are irrelevant to the discussion. They are not playing good football whether they are getting the vet. minimum or not.

And yes in my world I don't care what a guy gets paid. Like I told you in that other thread I don't want Andy Dalton or Tyrone Crawford for FREE. They suck no matter what they are paid. I think that's the issue you are having.

Starforever, JJHLH1 and Hennessy_King like this.
  5. rocyaice

42,330 Messages
    35,147 Likes Received
    I don't know what that other poster is talking about I like Jaylon too but not enough to defend how he's playing lol. My stance on him is that he's playing bad but the whole linebacker group is. Linebacker seems to be rough all over the league and we are no exception. I don't know what happened to Jaylon....I can't even pretend like I know man....I wish we could get 2018 Jaylon back but I'm afraid that he's not showing back up. I thought Nolan would get more since he was a linebackers coach in New Orleans........

If you can't decipher between what I'm doing in regards to Jaylon then we can't have a simple discussion. You're too far gone. Call it obsession or whatever but you seem to be the only one who doesn't get "it".

baltcowboy likes this.
  6. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

5,729 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    TD's probably. Amari had a great season all things considered. Healthy going into next season.

7. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

14,363 Messages
    15,759 Likes Received
    No way there were 39 better TE’s than Schultz this year.

dogberry and Bigtex67 like this.
  8. Mattitude

Mattitude Member

38 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I wish we could move one of the connors to center and draft a stud guard/tackle to play at left guard

9. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

17,325 Messages
    14,906 Likes Received
    I liked the signing except Poe
    I thought he was done 2 years ago
    But overall I thought we did solid
    Didn’t work out that way though

10. conner01

17,325 Messages
    14,906 Likes Received
    Really
    Look at coopers too
    These are generally silly rankings

dogberry likes this.
  11. rocyaice

42,330 Messages
    35,147 Likes Received
    I was behind the moves but I didn't like that we basically fixed our defensive line with what the Panthers got rid of in Poe and McCoy. I figured Poe was finished he was the least of the moves I liked but he was a big boy so I got behind it.....

12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    3,448 Likes Received
    That DT group is terrible.

13. conner01

17,325 Messages
    14,906 Likes Received
    I was excited about McCoy
    I’m just glad 2020 is over and we can put it behind us

rocyaice likes this.
  14. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

45,713 Messages
    68,104 Likes Received
    I saw they ranked the OLs. Where did the total OL finish? In the 20s?

15. rocyaice

42,330 Messages
    35,147 Likes Received
    I mean I think you have to actually see the scores of the other 38 guys......without looking I'm sure like 20+ of those guys probably have similar scores to Schultz.....You are going to have the the tier of Kittle and Kelce....under that probably the Waller's and Gesickis and after that is probably where everyone else goes...that tier 3 is probably where most guys are at.

16. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

15,751 Messages
    21,040 Likes Received
    Defense would be helped by a new and better DC, but they really need to look at the Front Office for this unit's poor performance.

We desperately need DT's. This fan base wants to keep propping up Antwaun Woods and Trysten Hill, but they are not NFL caliber starters. Hill is awful. Gallimore is not good either. And the guys they signed off the street or the JAG they traded for were beyond bad.

Tank and Gregory are fine at DE's. They might be elite once they get some help at DT. Aldon Smith came back to earth some; I'd only re-sign him to a short, team-friendly deal. Jerry will like the story of Aldon and probably overpays. Play Bradlee Anae!

Linebackers should concern us all. Unfortunately, too much money and too much of Jerry's ego tied into Jaylon and LVE. I really hope we can add a LB in the 2021 draft. A SAM for now that could step in and replace Jaylon at WILL after 2021, if he doesn't turn things around.

We need a #1 CB. Diggs is all we have there. Chido was a let down, Lewis makes too many mental mistakes. Fans will want to point to Brown's interceptions, but he is not any good either.

Safeties? Been a problem for years. Front Office is stubborn and outright wrong on this position. Go get a good Free Safety wand watch how much it improves the overall coverage.

dogberry and Hennessy_King like this.
  17. rocyaice

42,330 Messages
    35,147 Likes Received
    As am I....and if theres' some silver lining....at least everything screwed up all at once....what are the odds of Dak getting hurt, offensive line all getting hurt again and the defense being the worst in the league? I figure at least some of it has to let up......I just hope they address defensive line..even though its going to depend on who's even available to begin with.

conner01 likes this.
  18. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

8,024 Messages
    13,073 Likes Received
    Yup, complete overhaul in order. They all gotta go.

rocyaice likes this.
  19. rocyaice

42,330 Messages
    35,147 Likes Received
    To me Woods, Hill and Gallimore aren't the issues. Mind you they addressed that position with Poe and McCoy. That was the true issue. I can live with Woods, Hill and Gallimore being apart of a rotation but I need better starters up front.

I have no issue with Chido. I'd re-sign Chido and address corner again in the draft.

20. aria

aria Well-Known Member

17,294 Messages
    16,555 Likes Received
    That’s ridiculous. Of course I wouldn’t want them for free either but that doesn’t negate over paying for players that underperform. Good thing you’re not a GM, you sound like Jerry “who cares if we over pay for a guy, let’s do it just because.”

Their contracts aren’t irrelevant to the discussion. How many people have you seen say “I don’t want Dak, even if he’s free” vs “I’d like to keep Dak but only at a reasonable price”? I’ve seen a few of the former and many of the latter, why do you think that is?