Final PFF Grades & Rankings A Season To Forget

pancakeman

Reaction score
These are total grades and rankings for the year.

QB: Dak Prescott- 85.2 (8th) Passing grade 80.4 (12th)
Garrett Gilbert- 66.4 not enough snaps to rank
Andy Dalton- 69.6 (24th)
B. Dinucci- 25.6 not enough snaps to rank. 1 spot ahead of Kendall Hinton lol

RB: Zeke- 65.3 (48th)
T. Pollard- 71.3 (32nd)
R. Dowdle- 73.5 not enough snaps to rank

WR: Amari- 75.9 (36th)
MG- 66.3 (80th)
Ceedee- 71.6 (55th)
N Brown- 67.9 not enough snaps to rank
C Wilson- 61.1 not enough snaps to rank

TE: Schultz- 63.9 (40th)
B. Bell- 63.0 (41st)
S. Mckeon- 55.7 not enough snaps to rank

Center: Looney- 50.7 (34th)
Biadasz- 53.5 (33rd)

Guard: Martin- 91.3 (2nd behind Wyatt Teller of CLE)
Williams- 70.6 (13th)
Mcgovern- 61.7 (47th)

Tackle: Tyron Smith- 67.8 not enough snaps to rank
Steele- 50.3 (80th)
B. Knight- 48.5 (82nd second worst ranked tackle)
C. Erving- 58.0 not enough snaps to rank
G Senat- 56.9 not enough snaps to rank

DT: J. Hamilton- 43.0 not enough snaps to rank
A. Woods- 58.3 (86th)
Hill- 33.8 not enough snaps to rank
Ty Craw- 52.6 (103rd)
Gallimore- 52.1 (106th)
J Hamilton- 45.9 (117th)
W Palmore- 31.9 not enough snaps to rank
E Ankou- 42.9 not enough snaps to rank

*D. Poe- 56.8 (90th)

DE: A. Smith- 66.3 (54th)
DLaw- 88.6 (5th)
Armstrong- 56.0 (93rd)
B. Anae- 85.2 not enough snaps to rank
R. Gregory- 80.5 (11th)
R. Carter- 60.5 not enough snaps to rank

*Griffen- 63.2 (64th)

LB: Joe Thomas- 47.6 (69th)
Vander Esch- 50.6 (60th)
Jaylon- 53.8 (50th)
Bernard- 67.1 not enough snaps to rank
Gifford- 58.6 not enough snaps to rank
Snake- 34.8 cut the snake

CB: Chido- 51.9 (98th)
T. Diggs- 62.7 (58th) finished the rookie campaign strong
AB- 54.6 (87th)
J Lew- 48.1 (110th)
Rashard Robinson- 60.3 not enough snaps to rank
Deante Burton- 62.2 not enough snaps to rank
Saivion Smith- 52.1 not enough snaps to rank
C Westry- 44.2 not enough snaps to rank

Safety: X Woods- 65.1 (42nd)
D. Thompson- 41.8 (88th)
Brandon Carr- 54.4 not enough snaps to rank
D. Wilson- 71.1 (19th)
S. Parker- 60.2 not enough snaps to rank
C.J. Wilson- 66.4 not enough snaps to rank

A season to forget.
I don’t swallow these numbers whole, but I appreciate the time you take to post them. :thumbup:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Thanks @Hennessy_King for putting that together.

I've gotta question a system that ranks Bell and Schultz 40th and 41st.

Also Crawford is ranked higher than Gallimore.

There's no case there. Kinda ruins the credibility of all else.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s ridiculous. Of course I wouldn’t want them for free either but that doesn’t negate over paying for players that underperform. Good thing you’re not a GM, you sound like Jerry “who cares if we over pay for a guy, let’s do it just because.”

Their contracts aren’t irrelevant to the discussion. How many people have you seen say “I don’t want Dak, even if he’s free” vs “I’d like to keep Dak but only at a reasonable price”? I’ve seen a few of the former and many of the latter, why do you think that is?

Because Dak is actually playing well and Jaylon and Zeke aren't....not because of salary lol....like I said if you want to have a discussion about the salary cap that's fine. But that's irrelevant to this discussion.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Because Dak is actually playing well and Jaylon and Zeke aren't....not because of salary lol....like I said if you want to have a discussion about the salary cap that's fine. But that's irrelevant to this discussion.

It's to bad that the Cowboys can't kick those two to the curb!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Woods, Hill and Gallimore
Woods just isn't good enough. Tries hard, not talented.

Hill is an undisciplined mental midget.

Gallimore is undisciplined as well, but has heart.

I have no issue with Chido. I'd re-sign Chido and address corner again in the draft.
I'm a Chido fan and would definitely re-sign him to a 1-year, prove it deal.

I was saying he didn't have the year we had hoped for.

conner01

Reaction score
As am I....and if theres' some silver lining....at least everything screwed up all at once....what are the odds of Dak getting hurt, offensive line all getting hurt again and the defense being the worst in the league? I figure at least some of it has to let up......I just hope they address defensive line..even though its going to depend on who's even available to begin with.
The dline is gonna be tough
This draft doesn’t have great depth there and FA money may be tight
But it’s like the middle of the dline can’t really get worse
If Gallimore continues to grow, hill comes back and steps up and we can off atleadt one decent guy there it really can’t be as bad

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Before Dak's contract talks began, certain fans, wanted him gone. While Zeke, was winning rushing titles, certain fans wanted him gone. Before Jaylon received his contract; LVE was touted better than him, and he was a liability. Negotiating contracts, turned the dislike into pure vitriol. I can think of one poster, that has not liked Zeke, from the start. Other than him, I have no explanations. Since when does a fans evaluation matter in a pro players finance? I do understand ones opinion, but some of the arguments against these players are ridiculous, and go beyond the scope of their play on the field.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I saw they ranked the OLs. Where did the total OL finish? In the 20s?
27. DALLAS COWBOYS
The Cowboys’ three best offensive linemen played 618, 154 and 0 snaps this season, respectively; they were another team that was blasted with injuries to key starters such as Zack Martin, Tyron Smith and La’el Collins. As such, their offensive line play in 2020 wasn’t an accurate representation of the talent they have on the roster.

Dallas struggled to replace Smith and Collins at the tackle position, in particular. Cowboys tackles combined to post a 57.2 pass-blocking grade on the year, beating out only the Giants to avoid the worst mark in the NFL. Brandon Knight and Terence Steele especially struggled to hold up, as both allowed pressure rates north of 7% for the season.

The Cowboys will be hoping to stay healthy both along the offensive line and at quarterback in 2021 to realize the offensive potential that everyone expected them to run with this season.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Defense would be helped by a new and better DC, but they really need to look at the Front Office for this unit's poor performance.

We desperately need DT's. This fan base wants to keep propping up Antwaun Woods and Trysten Hill, but they are not NFL caliber starters. Hill is awful. Gallimore is not good either. And the guys they signed off the street or the JAG they traded for were beyond bad.

Tank and Gregory are fine at DE's. They might be elite once they get some help at DT. Aldon Smith came back to earth some; I'd only re-sign him to a short, team-friendly deal. Jerry will like the story of Aldon and probably overpays. Play Bradlee Anae!

Linebackers should concern us all. Unfortunately, too much money and too much of Jerry's ego tied into Jaylon and LVE. I really hope we can add a LB in the 2021 draft. A SAM for now that could step in and replace Jaylon at WILL after 2021, if he doesn't turn things around.

We need a #1 CB. Diggs is all we have there. Chido was a let down, Lewis makes too many mental mistakes. Fans will want to point to Brown's interceptions, but he is not any good either.

Safeties? Been a problem for years. Front Office is stubborn and outright wrong on this position. Go get a good Free Safety wand watch how much it improves the overall coverage.
Yup I like Wilson at SS need a quality FS. Chido and lewis should be let go. The DT's are a dumpster fire.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Thanks @Hennessy_King for putting that together.

I've gotta question a system that ranks Bell and Schultz 40th and 41st.

Also Crawford is ranked higher than Gallimore.

There's no case there. Kinda ruins the credibility of all else.
Blake bell's pass blocking was borderline elite graded at 84.2 where as Schultz's pass blocking was abysmal with a 35.2. That obviously helped close the gap

aria

Reaction score
Why would I have specific discussion about the salary cap with someone who doesn’t care how much a player makes? Lol. I’m sure you would have very insightful comments, as usual. Lol. Based on your past comments, I can sum up your thoughts on the salary cap in relation to how much players make “who cares”. Lol

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Center: Looney- 50.7 (34th)
Biadasz- 53.5 (33rd)

Guard: Martin- 91.3 (2nd behind Wyatt Teller of CLE)
Williams- 70.6 (13th)
Mcgovern- 61.7 (47th)

Tackle: Tyron Smith- 67.8 not enough snaps to rank
Steele- 50.3 (80th)
B. Knight- 48.5 (82nd second worst ranked tackle)

Knight and Looney were in the 60s earlier in the season. Disappointing to see Knight regress, instead of develop. I wonder if any injury was involved.

Nice that Steele improved. Not horrible by the end. In a normal season, he's PS all the way. Getting the work this year should speed his development.

McGovern regressed a little toward the end too, but from a higher start. He needs a chance to compete for C with Biadasz. Get our best 5 on the field. If McGovern loses he can be the designated interior olineman for all spots.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why would I have specific discussion about the salary cap with someone who doesn’t care how much a player makes? Lol. I’m sure you would have very insightful comments, as usual. Lol. Based on your past comments, I can sum up your thoughts on the salary cap in relation to how much players make “who cares”. Lol
In regards to how much someone makes? Yes, I don't care. That's just chat fodder among fans to let the offseason go by quicker. I've seen this team be in salary cap hell....I've never once seen Jerry not be able to sign someone he wanted to because of "salary cap hell". So yeah I'm not really for hearing excuses for this organization because of salary cap hell. That's just a excuse for Stephen to continue to be cheap.

You know how sad things are around here? I'm victim of this to but when we discuss players coming in...Stephen has programmed us to say stuff like "Well....for the right price I'll take him" or "He's going to cost too much for us". Naw I haven't to stop doing that because that's giving this organization a pass to keep bargain shopping.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Knight and Looney were in the 60s earlier in the season. Disappointing to see Knight regress, instead of develop. I wonder if any injury was involved.

Nice that Steele improved. Not horrible by the end. In a normal season, he's PS all the way. Getting the work this year should speed his development.

McGovern regressed a little toward the end too, but from a higher start. He needs a chance to compete for C with Biadasz. Get our best 5 on the field. If McGovern loses he can be the designated interior olineman for all spots.
I'm not one of the guys that question PFF but I really didn't think Knight got worse as the season went on.....I did think Steele did improve from where he was. I think at this point you have to look at Steele as a swing tackle not PS. Why else do you start him all those games this year?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
RB: Zeke- 65.3 (48th)
T. Pollard- 71.3 (32nd)

Some big disappointment here for me. I wanted two back sets featuring both these guys.

Zeke's numbers are surely taking a big hit from the early fumbles, which luckily cleared up in the back half of the season. Only 1 in the last 9 games.

Pollard, though having a few nice plays, often looked meh, and I'm really disappointed they didn't send him downfield. He's the web back we've always been dreaming of. Real RB, real size and speed to get deep.

But bleh, Zeke and Pollard were both mighty meh in the passing game. 4.8ypt each. Dismal. Zeke's YPT by year: 9, 7, 6, 6, 5. Sad.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm not one of the guys that question PFF but I really didn't think Knight got worse as the season went on.....I did think Steele did improve from where he was. I think at this point you have to look at Steele as a swing tackle not PS. Why else do you start him all those games this year?

Maybe PFF low balled Knight in the back half of the season. I hope so.

I meant that Steele *would* have been PS in a normal year. Next year, he's competing swing T, but Knight is probably still better, despite the PFF fall.

Mitch Hyatt may break into the competition. Lots of talk his rookie season as a "steal", but said to have needed more power. Now has two seasons with the Cowboys. We should see a guy ready to show what he's got next year.