Finally We Can All Face Reality

817Gill

Reaction score
Yup. I’ve made no bones about it I’m team tank. You have to be a massive homer to think this team can make a run in the playoffs. It doesn’t mean you cheer for the other team, but I’m not hurt when I see us lose. We stink it is what it is and we’ll get better next year. We all want this team to do well and have a long run, and that starts by picking early in the draft. Go Cowboys
Logic is fun

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Reality already set in on this team awhile back. We are a terrible team with terrible coaching. Yet we win our first game since October last week and this whole board/fanbase lost their minds. Everyone is now a baller and this team is on the right track. After one measly win where literally every single thing went our way and we still barely squeak it out. It was the equivalent of our Rams win last year. A fluke outlier game in between a lot of garbage. I don't know why Dallas fans do this to themselves every year. One single game erases a whole body of work prior to that.

This team can win every now and then when everyone counted them out and they are underdogs. But then when it comes time to win the big game when now people actually believe in them, they will let you down every single time.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Reality already set in on this team awhile back. We are a terrible team with terrible coaching. Yet we win our first game since October last week and this whole board/fanbase lost their minds. Everyone is now a baller and this team is on the right track. After one measly win where literally every single thing went our way and we still barely squeak it out. It was the equivalent of our Rams win last year. A fluke outlier game in between a lot of garbage. I don't know why Dallas fans do this to themselves every year. One single game erases a whole body of work prior to that.

This team can win every now and then when everyone counted them out and they are underdogs. But then when it comes time to win the big game when now people actually believe in them, they will let you down every single time.
Man

tenor.gif

Fmart322

Reaction score
Finally?

I knew this weeks ago.

We're a bad team with major injuries to key players with a confused coaching staff.

There was never a chance.

Brooksey

Reaction score
The reality is we've got guys adapting to a new system. The incredible offensive firepower we have shoulda kept us in contention while the D got it together. Instead, we lost both T and our QB. Today we lost the T backups.

Not a bad team. The guys that are healthy just aren't enough.

Same old story for 25 years, at what point does it become a personnel and coaching issue that the owner is responsible for?

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Reality is Zeke fumbles the ball alot and shifts momentum in the games that the team just can't seem to recover from. Hang on to the dang ball son.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reality is the season's overall record is currently playing out in a way quitters' prefer--although events have not unfolded entirely as hoped up to this point. Has the team itself 'quit' though? That is a question quitters have a much harder time quantifying as actual fact.

The season's end result may be exactly what tankers want. The final conclusion may very well fall into their laps by default. Next would be the months long wait-and-see cycle to determine, in reality, if what Jerry Jones wants and will do during the draft is exactly the same as what tankers desire.

Should be interesting reading between now and late April. One thing is for certain. There are tons of repetitive draft proclamations that shall be posted until then. :rolleyes:

doomsday9084

Reaction score
While we are discussing reality, the reality is that we don't matter. If we hype up the team and root for them or hope for losses, it has absolutely no impact on the organization or team. There is only one person that this matters to and that Jerry. Since Jerry has a unique ability to ignore reality, this is going to continue.

The reality that hit me last night is that the Cowboys are probably not going to be an elite team as long as he is alive. Sure, they can get some fluke wins or even put together a good season but the lack of discipline and accountability that he exudes is always going to seep into the organization and trip them up at some point.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to be the debbie downer here but why are we acting like this team wont mess up the draft by winning more games this year?

Our schedule will get us just enough wins that we will end up too many spots outside of the premium draft positions.

Watch this place implode when we pull off another miracle like Atlanta and get a few more worthless wins.
Answer:

crystal-ball-Article-201911261828.jpg

Some people have (and basically swear by) them. Other people don't.

Eddie

Reaction score
I have fallen for that trap for twenty-five years. Jerry gets paid whether the team is successful or not. In the end he makes bank and gets to stand in front of some cameras. He doesn't give a rats @$$ about the fans.

In the end, the common denominator is Jerry. 25 years of nothing. That's on Jerry.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Never give up, we still have a chance, let’s try to win the East bleh bleh bleh. Reality boys. Being on team tank is in fact the team that wants better for us.

I saw a poster say, mighta been @Bobhaze, that winning this division would give Jerry and co just the ammo they need to optimistically spin this season into the eternal hope that is 2021.

We aren’t miles away from being a good team, but if we want to go from revolving around 8-8/9-7/10-6 to being SB contenders we need a real infusion of new personnel. We need draft capital, we need to part ways with a long tenured vet or two, and most importantly we need to get serious about where we are as a franchise. Limping into an NFC East title is the exact opposite of the wake-up call Jerry and co need.

Why some people want to get waxed in round 1 and pick 19th overall in every round is just unfathomable to me. Did y’all really think we had the personnel and continuity to do anything respectable once half the roster landed on IR? Are y’all delusional? Does nobody know when to fold em and when to hold em?

If you want to get to a SB as soon as possible, then there’s no way on earth you root to win this division. Do you know how beneficial a top 5 pick trade down would be? 5 picks in the first 3 rounds for a team who has shown they can draft quality players? Are y’all forreal?

I will admit, winning felt good last week. It really did. But I can swallow my desire to feel that way for a few weeks to put us in a better position going forward. We criticize Jerry for not knowing when to move on or being overly optimistic, yet here we are thinking a team with half of its starters injured in a season that is so whacked out should be on it’s way to an NFC East title.

Could you imagine Surtain II, Shaun Wade, Trevon Moehrig, Tedarrell Slaton, and an OT/LB all in the first 3 rounds? It’s literally exactly what we need lol. Thank God we can all face reality now. Just need Jerry to do it too.

I NEVER EVER thought our Cowboys would be this bad for so long.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's ok to lose because you are injured and don't have the horses but the coaching killed any possibility of being competitive. Coaches are supposed to put players (no matter how good they are) in good positions. Our coaches seemed to do everything possible to give the other team the better opportunities and it has been happening all year. I think we got bigger problems than just injured players.
This game was a clear cut example of a badly coached game - at one point, the score was close, and then the trick plays just got out of hand. Not saying they would have won the game, but talk about shooting themselves in the foot. It all just unraveled.
Seems like they want to to lose.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This game was a clear cut example of a badly coached game - at one point, the score was close, and then the trick plays just got out of hand. Not saying they would have won the game, but talk about shooting themselves in the foot. It all just unraveled.
Yeah...it may not be the case, but it sure looked like the coaches were doing everything NOT to win the game!! :confused:

Techsass

Reaction score
I joked about it in another thread, but it does have more than a slim chance of being the case.