Fire Jason Garrett thread **merged**

stilltheguru

Reaction score
There is nothing misguided about it.

You just care more about Garrett keeping his job than the Cowboys winning.
If Garrett is fired and the new guy gets us to a championship game or further he’ll be saying “if Garrett got a defensive performance like this”....”if Garrett got etc etc”

I look forward to the day he exposes himself as a Garrett fan first

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Maybe the head coach is part of the reason we lose................even you have to admit that 2 wildcard wins over a decade is not good. Why do you think Garrett is now the longest tenured head coach in the NFL to not reach a conference title game?

Is everybody on this board so not capable of understanding the real problems, but you are? You are that much smarter than everybody else? Sounds a little elitism to me, but whatever. I know your boy is safe and is getting an extension, but I would not be rubbing people's noses in it right now considering how little he has actually accomplished.

Just saying.

Was Jason Garrett playing nose tackle out there ? ... no ? .. huh ?

So you can't blame it on coaching , coaching doesn't block , the nose tackle blocks .

This loss is on the nose tackle , did you see the rams nose tackle out there ? let me help you answer this; he was perfect .

Last edited:

Chappy

Reaction score
For the first time in weeks the defense was not able to carry the inept offense and McVay had our measure all game.

But nothing will change and Garrett will get an extension and we will once again be nothing more than a little above .500 team at best next season.

If only Jerry could see what a clueless fool Garrett and our offensive coaches are while we totally waste the best the defense we have had in a decade.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone wants to bring in defense of Jason Garrett.

The man has been here going on a decade as the Head Coach and a few token wild card wins is all he has.

We are better than this. Long gone are the days of Tom Landry and the standards a man like that brought to this franchise.

Jimmy Johnson wasn't going to let us fall to such abysmal standards.

We got outcoached. Yet again. Fire Jason Garrett.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Actually I’ve blamed Garrett for the last 5 or 6 years but this game wasn’t on him. Dallas got out played today plain and simple. The offense was stagnant, defense got beat down, I don’t think Garrett is a playoff coach and never will. This is his ceiling and this team will stay at divisional winners but nothing else with him; and that’s every few years not consecutively. If they keep Garrett Linehan has to go. I’m just saying they got beat plain and simple, they were ready and readily got punched in the mouth.

If they want to get farther in the playoffs Garrett probably needs to go, Linehan definitely., but Garrett didn’t let the NT push the center into the backfield on 4th and 1. He didn’t throw passes behind receivers several times, he didn’t drop passes, miss blocks or get manhandled at the LOS. I don’t think he’s a good coach, he is a good motivator though but that doesn’t win championships. Coaching does.
"The offense was stagnant" blame Garrett he's supposed to be the offensive genius

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
My hair stands on the back of my neck just thinking about you being the Head Coach of my team, Jason.

You've had your chance. It should be over.

I'm done with Jason Garrett. Of everything that has happened with us and the Rams in playoff history and how they have ran the ball on us in the past, you go ahead and let them do it again.

Pack your crap up and get the hell out of town.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Hearing Garrett give a post game speech, and hearing a toilet flush gives the exact same effect .

Is it over ?

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
This is why it's incredibly frustrating being a Cowboys fan in this day and age. I look at our roster compared to other teams' rosters and the rosters of teams that have played in Super Bowls in recent years, and one can argue that the overall talent is fairly similar.

It's just one thing holding us back. Head Coach Jason Garrett.

He's not the worst Head Coach in the NFL but it has been proven time and time again that he is clearly not capable of advancing a team to the Super Bowl.

You see other organizations in similar predicaments make a coaching change to try to get over the hump before key members of their team age or depart via FA. In many cases that new voice in the locker room is just what the doctor ordered. But we'll never know that in Dallas because Jerry Jones is too loyal to people he's comfortable with even if they're clearly anchors weighing down the franchise.

As for the off-season, I suspect we'll see a few notable changes on the offensive side of the ball. Linehan has seemingly been on the hot seat all season, therefore I don't think he returns. Kellen Moore never should have been entrusted to develop Dak. I think he's out as well. IMO, that was one of the dumber coaching staff hires. You don't hire a green fresh off the street guy with ZERO coaching experience to develop your young franchise QB. Who does that? :facepalm:

ICP

Reaction score
This is why it's incredibly frustrating being a Cowboys fan in this day and age. I look at our roster compared to other teams' rosters and the rosters of teams that have played in Super Bowls in recent years, and one can argue that the overall talent is fairly similar.

It's just one thing holding us back. Head Coach Jason Garrett.

He's not the worst Head Coach in the NFL but it has been proven time and time again that he is clearly not capable of advancing a team to the Super Bowl.

You see other organizations in similar predicaments make a coaching change to try to get over the hump before key members of their team age or depart via FA. In many cases that new voice in the locker room is just what the doctor ordered. But we'll never know that in Dallas because Jerry Jones is too loyal to people he's comfortable with even if they're clearly anchors weighing down the franchise.

As for the off-season, I suspect we'll see a few notable changes on the offensive side of the ball. Linehan has seemingly been on the hot seat all season, therefore I don't think he returns. Kellen Moore never should have been entrusted to develop Dak. I think he's out as well. IMO, that was one of the dumber coaching staff hires. You don't hire a green fresh off the street guy with ZERO coaching experience to develop your young franchise QB. Who does that? :facepalm:
Couldn't agree more with everything you said

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
Its time, fire them both. We need someone young at the helm of the offense.

Definitely.

Watching the Cowboys offense vs what the Rams were doing on offense was like watching two different sports.

While our offensive system is largely based on static formations with only a few shifts and motions here and there, the Rams were doing things with their backs and receivers on practically every snap to create hesitancy and impacting the eyes of the Cowboys defenders.

Their offensive staff put on a coaching clinic while the Cowboys staff stuck with the same old meat and potatoes plays and formations that they've been running for eons.

I would love it if just for once our lazy front office would get off their butts and actually sought out a young up and coming offensive coach rather than always falling back on recycled hacks.

Last edited:

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with everything you said
Perfect example of what I was talking about is the Cowboys divisional rival......the Philadelphia Eagles.

Chip Kelly's Eagles tenure was similar to Garrett's past 5 years here in Dallas.

The difference is Lurie saw the writing on the wall and knew that even though Kelly had two 10-win seasons in his pocket, he wasn't a Super Bowl caliber coach. So the Eagles made the change and 2 years later they're hoisting the Super Bowl trophy.

Meanwhile in Dallas we'll stubbornly keep banging our heads against the wall doing the exact same thing year to year expecting different results. Insanity.

lukin2006

Reaction score
If Jones extends JG, then that is proof Jones has more money than brains. JG deserves unemployment.

DEMFAN

Reaction score
Very !

Say goodbye to any post season chances !

Today outcoached by a 32 year old , tomorrow who knows ?
Players gotta play! Be happy with the season 11 weeks you were smiling and walking into work bragging. Stop tripping!

DEMFAN

Reaction score
For the first time in weeks the defense was not able to carry the inept offense and McVay had our measure all game.

But nothing will change and Garrett will get an extension and we will once again be nothing more than a little above .500 team at best next season.

If only Jerry could see what a clueless fool Garrett and our offensive coaches are while we totally waste the best the defense we have had in a decade.
10-6, a little above .500? I take it you’re one of those win it all or we suck guys huh? We we one of 8 remaining teams in the entire NFL still playing. Remember only one team will be happy at the end of the year. Everyone else will just be a little over .500 SMH

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
10-6, a little above .500? I take it you’re one of those win it all or we suck guys huh? We we one of 8 remaining teams in the entire NFL still playing. Remember only one team will be happy at the end of the year. Everyone else will just be a little over .500 SMH

Moral victories is what we are all about now.