Fire Jason Garrett thread **merged**

Sydla

Reaction score

Oh this is just typical Jerry. He’ll act pissed now but 4 days from now he’ll be preaching patience, how Jason is growing and getting better and it would be foolish to let him go.

This franchise is just stuck. Jerry either has no desire to fix the problem or he simply doesn’t know how to.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they will keep doing what they are doing they will extend garrett fire some low level coaches and the ringmaster will keep the circus going along

Reaction score
Based on what I’ve seen so far, the organization and the fan base are toatally accepting of mediocrity. We aren’t the Cowboys of my youth, Garrett gets participation trophy’s and that’s just fine by everyone here, apparently.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sapsucker. LOL

Gonna steal that and use it more here.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
I evaluate Garrett based on what he can control. I don't reflexively say if the team didn't get advance to x game in y years it must be Garrett's fault any more than I would blame a player for that. I realize Garrett cannot run out onto the field and force defensive players to get off their blocks.

I think Garrett generally does a good job with some of those things, in particular maintaining the culture. I think there's other guys who could also do that but it's not a given. Under most of the other coaches I've seen post Jimmy Johnson the culture deteriorated and player development went down the tubes. I would say this is true of all of them but Parcells.

In any event I'm not in blow it up mode right now if I'm the GM. I think if they manage to sure up the interior of the defense and Prescott continues to improve this team could break through under Garrett.

If the team take a downward turn you could always switch guys later. Coaches are year to year. When Phillips went 1-7 you knew it was time. You will know when Garrett has lost the team.

Sydla

Reaction score
I evaluate Garrett based on what he can control. I don't reflexively say if the team didn't get advance to x game in y years it must be Garrett's fault any more than I would blame a player for that. I realize Garrett cannot run out onto the field and force defensive players to get off their blocks.

I think Garrett generally does a good job with some of those things, in particular maintaining the culture. I think there's other guys who could also do that but it's not a given. Under most of the other coaches I've seen post Jimmy Johnson the culture deteriorated and player development went down the tubes. I would say this is true of all of them but Parcells.

In any event I'm not in blow it up mode right now if I'm the GM. I think if they manage to sure up the interior of the defense and Prescott continues to improve this team could break through under Garrett.

If the team take a downward turn you could always switch guys later. Coaches are year to year. When Phillips went 1-7 you knew it was time. You will know when Garrett has lost the team.

How long do we have to wait until it’s clear we won’t break through?

We just completed 8 full seasons with Garrett. Haven’t broken through yet. Haven’t sniffed a champ game (he’s now the longest tenured coach who has never been to a champ game).

This is what I don’t get with some of you. You act like Garrett is heading into Year 3 and it’s way too early to judge him.

He’s been here 8 full seasons. When will some of you finally admit reality? After a dozen years?

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
How long do we have to wait until it’s clear we won’t break through?

We just completed 8 full seasons with Garrett. Haven’t broken through yet. Haven’t sniffed a champ game (he’s now the longest tenured coach who has never been to a champ game).

This is what I don’t get with some of you. You act like Garrett is heading into Year 3 and it’s way too early to judge him.

He’s been here 8 full seasons. When will some of you finally admit reality? After a dozen years?

I haven't said it's "way too early" to judge him. I wrote my judgement of him up in that post. I just don't reflexively go "we lost so it's the coaches fault."