Fire Jason Garrett thread **merged**

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Mobinvans, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

17,464 Messages
    17,502 Likes Received
    Garrett's ceiling has been reached, he isn't good enough to go further. If some are happy with a playoff appearance every two years, then so be it.

We will witness another regime being wasted under his influence and I will sit idly by taking the ride with him yet again:banghead:

2. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

11,095 Messages
    10,331 Likes Received
    Maybe if we let JG coach the regular season games and then get a new HC for the playoffs, we may get farther. Sort of like how Eagles do it with Wentz and Foles.:flagwave:

Stingray73Vette likes this.
  3. nickjamesw43

nickjamesw43 Well-Known Member

1,269 Messages
    1,346 Likes Received
    When we lose we got out coached. When a playcall doesn't work it's a bad playcall etc.

I would consider this argument more compelling if we heard this regardless of the result of the game. If coaching was the main determination of winning and losing a given game we would see coaches have consistent success regardless of roster, GM ect. Yet when coaches change teams a far better predictor of success is who the QB is. This is true of every coach other than maybe Belichick.

Coaches are a contributor in terms of coming up with the gameplan, developing players, maintaining the culture, choosing assistant coaches etc. You try to isolate their contribution and see if they are helping or hurting the team.

I think the team could turn the corner sure. It's a year to year league. Garrett is going to be the same coach. He didn't magically get better at coaching when we went 12-4 and then forget how to coach when we went 4-12 in 2015.

4. dplant22

dplant22 Well-Known Member

435 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    He's a putz, too bad he must be Jerry's red headed ******* step child. Honestly thats the only reason I can think of as to why he's still a coach in this league.

Sorry if I offended any one with the step child comment. Just really can't stand this guy anymore.

5. gmb1

gmb1 Well-Known Member

1,519 Messages
    1,298 Likes Received
    Jerrah has never shown he cares about winning. He cares about getting credit and his ego.

dplant22 likes this.
  6. Playmaker3128

Playmaker3128 Well-Known Member

583 Messages
    683 Likes Received

Yep, its as if he's just "happy to be there". That reaction says "i can't take the pressure of the playoffs" and am slightly glad its over.

Wayne02, Bob-Lillys-War and dplant22 like this.
  7. dplant22

435 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    Well he certainly hasn't gotten much credit over the last 20 years. Its been pretty much a dumpster fire since Jimmy Johnson left

8. gmb1

gmb1 Well-Known Member

1,519 Messages
    1,298 Likes Received
    Yep. I'm just glad I was fortunate to remember the Cowboys in the Superbowl even if I was a little too young to understand everything. Those days were fun. Ha.

9. dplant22

435 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    It's funny because I remember watching Dallas in the 70's with Staubach and Dorsett, in the 90's with those great players and even the Danny White years when we never quite got there but we're always feared. Now it's like Dallas and their fans are a laughing stock. We might get the lucky wild card win but we're never in serious contention because the front office/coaching staff hasn't got a clue. I really think Dallas has a jem in McClay that can point out the great players we need, but until we get a good head coach and OC/DC coaches it's all for nothing.

gmb1 and Bob-Lillys-War like this.
  10. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

6,475 Messages
    6,917 Likes Received
    Its sad how some posters just prefer to keep Garrett's job safe, more than Cowboys winning in the post season .

Its as if they depend on Garrett's job.

11. Mr_V

Mr_V rat2k8

6,340 Messages
    6,929 Likes Received
    For a guy that knows the Rams inside out I was very disappointed on the defensive game plan. although they played better in second half it wasn't good enough.

dplant22 likes this.
  12. dplant22

435 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    To me it looked like the only reason they were better in the second half was because 300 lbs CJ Anderson was gassed and couldnt stay on the field. Something obviously wrong with Gurley knee and he still rushed for over 100 just pathetic all around

13. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

7,325 Messages
    23,152 Likes Received
    Every year you just get more numb. I hoped for his success.... but it ain't happening....
    He's been here since 2007..... It's time to get a whole new staff and clean house.

14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

23,414 Messages
    16,429 Likes Received
    They are already working on his statue.............they are going to place it right beside Landry outside the stadium:laugh:

Bob-Lillys-War likes this.
  15. Beast_from_East

23,414 Messages
    16,429 Likes Received
    What improvement are you referring to Idgit?

I see a pair of Wildcard wins over the span of a decade...............where is the improvement?

Oh, that's right. We dont use the playoffs as the measuring stick for this franchise anymore...............my bad;)

16. Bob-Lillys-War

6,475 Messages
    6,917 Likes Received
    yep, and yet some people some how post that Garrett should keep his job & that he has been the 'winningest coach' in the NFC for the last 3 years ... some how they forget that Jason Garrett is now the longest tenured NFL head coach who has not reached a conference title game.

i'll say it again, its as if they depend on Garrett's job. like if they were getting paid a part of Garrett's salary .

17. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

7,325 Messages
    23,152 Likes Received
    dunno, I want my team to win and he's the coach. bleh. tough loss.

18. Beast_from_East

23,414 Messages
    16,429 Likes Received
    Maybe the head coach is part of the reason we lose................even you have to admit that 2 wildcard wins over a decade is not good. Why do you think Garrett is now the longest tenured head coach in the NFL to not reach a conference title game?

Is everybody on this board so not capable of understanding the real problems, but you are? You are that much smarter than everybody else? Sounds a little elitism to me, but whatever. I know your boy is safe and is getting an extension, but I would not be rubbing people's noses in it right now considering how little he has actually accomplished.

Just saying.

19. Bob-Lillys-War

6,475 Messages
    6,917 Likes Received
    Probably 9 .

20. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

17,464 Messages
    17,502 Likes Received
    Too bad head coaches don't count towards the cap, Garrett would for sure be jettisoned :muttley:

Bob-Lillys-War likes this.