Fire Kellen Moore

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I was initially happy they brought him back and i gave him the benefit of the doubt for the style of offense he was running last season but this looks EXACTLY like the crap we did last year.where are all the screens?We have Cedee and 2 great RBs who can break a lot of tackles.where are the designed rollouts? I have completely lost faith in him.
initially he had people in motion last year, but slowly stopped doing that to create mismatches and allow Dak to read the defense...and same thing. no motion, no pre-snap adjustments. not sure what's going on with him.

TheCritic

Reaction score
OMG people! What was the Dallas offense supposed to do when their starting TE and backup RT went down? No one should be surprised that they were forced into going conservative in the second half. Simple as that. Even then they took a couple of gambles in the second half that just didn't work out. If it wasn't for a bad ref call, we wouldn't have a bunch of fake Cowboys fans calling for Kellen Moore to get fired. Go figure.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was initially happy they brought him back and i gave him the benefit of the doubt for the style of offense he was running last season but this looks EXACTLY like the crap we did last year.where are all the screens?We have Cedee and 2 great RBs who can break a lot of tackles.where are the designed rollouts? I have completely lost faith in him.
ONE GAME let MM teach him some tricks.
can we fire you>??

blueblood70

Reaction score
fist off you dont fire a coach after one game, secondly he wont be fired that i know but the play call dutys by game 6 will be taken and being done by MM if KM doesnt find a rhythm..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Either you take into consideration the team made a major change but the resulting changes haven't been made yet because of the circumstances or you don't.

Any teams going through changes were a little hamstrung this off season and it's going to take time.

And while you want to fire Kellen Moore, he didn't give up 150 yards rushing and 2 TD's and let them dominate TOP. Wasn't it McVay that ran the ball down the Cowboys' throats with a backup when they had Gurley?

The Cowboys did not expect that OL, a problem last season, to be fixed this quickly or for that offense to go right down the field on them to start the game. And they sure as hell didn't expect a TOP advantage like that.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Thank you.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
after 1 week? Come on, Man. This was not the normal off season. They put together a game plan based on what they thought they could do the best with the limited amount of live action they had. If the O doesn't get better and more diverse over the next month or so, then I will be with you. But got to give them a little slack.

Not a game plan. Garrett's offense.

JBS

Reaction score
The offense was absolutely pathetic. From top to bottom. The plan, the play calling, the performance, it all sucked. Anybody suggesting otherwise is flat out wrong. The rams scored 20 pts, the Cowboys should win every game in which the defense holds the opponent to 20 pts. That didn't happen. That loss is on the offense. Period.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He calls what he thinks Dak can do. Just like Linehan did.

When will people realize this?

If Mahomes was our QB, the playcalling would look very different.

Is that why there are so many designed runs because Dak is a dual threat? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

You trolls really do come up with some inventively dumb things to say.

Tommy

Reaction score
Oh I thought only the first 3 games last year were Moore's I thought Garrett took over the O and forced Kellen not to be creative after that.. at least that is what I was told right here on the zone.
According to the Zone only a delusional homer couldn’t see that that is exactly what happened.

Maybe Garrett is still controlling KM somehow. I’ll wait for Zoners to tell me what’s going on.

aria

Reaction score
Oh I thought only the first 3 games last year were Moore's I thought Garrett took over the O and forced Kellen not to be creative after that.. at least that is what I was told right here on the zone.
Garrett got all the blame for the offense even though he hasn’t called plays since 2012. Kind of funny that now Moore gets the blame since Garrett isn’t here anymore.

Anyone who watched the Gnats game could tell Garrett wasn’t calling the offense last year or for several years before that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
after 1 week? Come on, Man. This was not the normal off season. They put together a game plan based on what they thought they could do the best with the limited amount of live action they had. If the O doesn't get better and more diverse over the next month or so, then I will be with you. But got to give them a little slack.

Agreed, I'd like to give Moore a bit more time.

GMO415

Reaction score
That didn't take long for chicken little to arrive.
giphy.gif

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
To be quite blunt, Moore should have never been moved into a position like that in the first place. Like Garrett when he was first given the job, what were his qualifications?

This reeks of Jerry insisting that MM keep him there. I highly doubt he would have agreed to keep a green, unproven OC like that unless Jerry made him.

MikeB80

Reaction score
They are not going to fire the guy they made the head coach accept as the coordinator and play caller.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

After 1 week?
Blimey, chesterfields!
I'd say more like a year and one week.
The Romo experiment lasted 12 years.
The Garrett experiment lasted 7 years.
The Dak experiment lasted 3 years. Now we are 2 years into the Kellen Moore experiment and I've had enough, matey!