Fire McCarthy and promote Dan Quinn

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by J12B, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Cowboyfan8

Cowboyfan8 New Member

3 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Hire the chiefs offensive coordinator

Gaede and Playmaker3128 like this.
  2. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

43,568 Messages
    29,001 Likes Received
    How many drive killing penalties did Garrapolo Oline make for him?

JG had Deebu running the ball making plays and Dak has Zeke the slug falling down. LOL

3. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    22,224 Messages
    27,134 Likes Received
    There isn’t a HC out there to fix this mess, it all starts at the top. Sure, fire MM and watch the next guy get blamed for stupid football players and an inept GM.

mardwin likes this.
  4. SackMaster

SackMaster Well-Known Member

2,549 Messages
    3,656 Likes Received
    Possibly. But that is not feasible for at least another 2 years. Fortunately the contract is short enough if the new HC wanted another QB, he could draft one and groom him for a couple of years.

I know fans may believe Dak is a possible no-starter for a new Head Coach, but I doubt that is the case.

5. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

9,159 Messages
    11,126 Likes Received
    When a QB is facing constant 3rd and longs due to penalties and the defense rushes only 4, he has to hold onto the football longer in hopes someone can get open.

6. Jimbo69

Jimbo69 Well-Known Member

446 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Dunno, Romo survived constant 1st and 20 when Flozzell was past his prime.

7. jhj7098

jhj7098 Active Member

239 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Yep and what’s even worse is Stephen is waiting in the wings when Jerry croaks.

8. Redsfan_83

Redsfan_83 Well-Known Member

1,966 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    That would be the only good to come out of this wretched season...that being said, will never happen MM will sign a 5 year extension like tomorrow

9. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

31,754 Messages
    26,260 Likes Received
    LOL at Dak facing constant third and longs…

Welcome to Romo’s career under Garrett. In 2007, when they had the number 1 ranked offense, they were dead last in terms of third and longs, meaning bottom dweller offenses. Yet Romo was operating at a historical ridiculous rate on third carrying that over-rated offense and joke of an OC.

Dak got it easy since he stepped on this field.

10. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

5,740 Messages
    7,680 Likes Received
    Actually this is the best post I've read in a while. I agree, Parsons is the only bright spot right now.

11. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

14,840 Messages
    18,675 Likes Received
    McCarthy doesn't DO anything.

He is just there.

Jerry thinks because he took another team to the Super Bowl that he can do it with this bunch of losers.

So...before losing a real football guy like Quinn....promote him please.

And find an OC that can work with the severe limitations our 40 million a year QB has.

12. Playmaker3128

Playmaker3128 Well-Known Member

3,300 Messages
    4,124 Likes Received

That’s the thing though the 49ers have limits at qb. At least they try some motion stuff. Where are the dam qb runs with dak? Or why not have pollard/ceedee get more carried

fivetwos likes this.
  13. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

14,840 Messages
    18,675 Likes Received
    I dunno man....but if I'm another loser organization like Dallas, I dont hurry to hire Kellen Moore to fix it.

These teams wonder why they have to start over every 2-3 years.

14. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

9,159 Messages
    11,126 Likes Received
    Romo had similar results.

15. FVSTONE

FVSTONE Well-Known Member

1,552 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    What????????????? I'm for firing MM, but hiring Quinn is a mistake. I wouldn't hire Moore either. What people aren't seeing is both Quinn and Moore looked like geniuses against the weak teams and looked like the mediocre coaches they are against the REAL PLAYOFF TEAMS this year. They didn't have answers all day long today and that's the way it's been this entire year when facing good teams. Nope, if I'm JJ go hire a real stud who isn't going to stand for mediocre play when they step up in competition...........................