Fire Mike McCarthy

Ken

Reaction score
I started threads on the subject of firing McCarthy after the Browns loss.

This team plays undisciplined, uninspired, and just flat out awful.

There is nothing encouraging about him as the head coach. And don't give him excuses about the injuries. Every team is facing injuries.

After Zeke's first fumble (terrible ball security), I would expect a coach to get in his face and at least have a talking with him, which may have prevented the second fumble.

Part ways with him now. He's done nothing in 6 weeks to suggest he could take a team anywhere.

He's done in the NFL.

I'll start a thread like this after every week for the rest of the season.
I am unimpressed with him so far to say the least. He is here thru next year at a minimum...so get used to it.

We can't downplay the importance of losing the heart and soul of this team in our QB and the OL, the thing we invested the most in. It is really an unwinnable situation.

stiletto

Reaction score
I'd take JG back in a heartbeat.

I would definitely take Marinelli back. Apparently he hid A LOT of problems on this defense..more than any of us could imagine and we all knew it sucked before but this is a totally new level of suckage bar-none.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I started threads on the subject of firing McCarthy after the Browns loss.

This team plays undisciplined, uninspired, and just flat out awful.

There is nothing encouraging about him as the head coach. And don't give him excuses about the injuries. Every team is facing injuries.

After Zeke's first fumble (terrible ball security), I would expect a coach to get in his face and at least have a talking with him, which may have prevented the second fumble.

Part ways with him now. He's done nothing in 6 weeks to suggest he could take a team anywhere.

He's done in the NFL.

I'll start a thread like this after every week for the rest of the season.

I hope you do. The mods will close them. :muttley: This spot felt like Facebook today, and I didn't even post a dirty meme. Just stated facts. :espn:

RS12

Reaction score
Never liked the McCarthy hire but who that is worth a darn is going to want to touch this disaster with a 10 foot pole?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
People were so desperate to get rid of Garrett and rightfully so. Which is why there was so much enthusiasm around McCarthy. I was not a fan from day one.
I knew when Jesse Holley endorsed McCarthy as the next hire, we were doomed. That dude is pretty much wrong about everything.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Just stop...

Outside Coach Mike sometimes looking like "Bring Solo and the Wookie to me!"

It's not on him yet. I mean I was HARD on Garrett. You can't pin this all on him. Injuries, a bad offseason. Is he a better coach? I hope so.

But right now, objectively, literally YOU CAN NOT KNOW.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I was really hoping Jerry would hire Matt Ruhle or some other Sean McVay type coach that could better relate to the players and bring in younger non-retread dinosaur coordinators.

Jerry flat out said he wants to "win now" with experienced people. It's working out completely opposite. It's almost comical if you think about it. Every decision the Joneses talk themselves into, they should just start doing the opposite. We'd all be better off.

After tonight, Jerry may very well realized, he missed again.

stiletto

Reaction score
I am unimpressed with him so far to say the least. He is here thru next year at a minimum...so get used to it.

We can't downplay the importance of losing the heart and soul of this team in our QB and the OL, the thing we invested the most in. It is really an unwinnable situation.

You are mostly right but MM messed up with his Nolan crony hire. It is a disaster...and could get him fired after even this year. There has been nothing good except Dak throwing for a million yards which was frankly ridiculous. It was because everything else was such sewage...

triplets_93

Reaction score
Very difficult for a coach to win here.

I'd like to think that a Beilichick a Reid would have made a difference.

But really, the Problem is the GM. And he's got connections with the Owner, so nothing will ever get better until there is change in that position.

I know that sucks. But we've been in this abusive relationship for too long.

ICP

Reaction score
Cowboys need to go after a young inventive coach weather from the college ranks or a current offensive/defensive coordinator.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The problem isn’t Mike, the problem wasn’t Jason nor Wade. The problem lies solely on the Jones’ who are egomaniacal coach neuterers that allow them do do only half of their job, or at half of their ability. Until they step out of the picture, nothing will change no matter who the coaches are.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Please.

At the start of the season this team was expected to be superbowl contenders.

Yeah, a lot of things went south, but this team hasn't shown anything that would suggest good coaching is around.

They also started the season with a 90m RB, (and Tank o_O:rolleyes:) who's been non existent, and now 1 starting OL, and what, two of its original starters on D?

Jerry is the GM. He still hasn't figured out how to play the cap game since it started, but refuses to let someone else play that game.

I'm a giant Romo fan, and even I laughed when he got that giant extension (which honestly he earned by Jerry's incompetence).

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thing is, he added. Three wins to our season just by us hiring him, remember. So, if my quick math is right, we’d be -1 and 4 right now if we didn’t do the big upgrade. Perhaps you guys should be happy with what you’ve got: early season home blowouts to ok teams.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm officially scared.....I think McCarthy is one and done.....a new Jerry first. I guess this is what happens when you lie in your interview to get a job....

Mike McCarthy did not want to give his thoughts on Andy Dalton’s play after the loss to Arizona. “I think we all understand what the score is,” he said. “We didn’t play very well on offense, defense or special teams and most importantly, I didn’t coach..

:omg: