Fire Mike McCarthy

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
When I saw McCarthy start Steele the first week of the season I knew we had a issue.

And after seeing Mcgovern play pretty well tonight...you have to question our offensive line coach....So far....All I've seen out of McCarthy is standing around the sideline...there is zero accountability among benching players....or keeping coaches accountable as well.

Wizarus

Reaction score
I dont believe in Moore at all, I wanted him gone with Garrett. Its hard to judge McCarthy with Moore attached to him.

shark

Reaction score
Difficult to midseason without a good candidate in mind. But yes, they all will be gone by next season for sure.

shark

Reaction score
It's time. Finding a replacement is tough, Usually you want that replacement guy to be part of the future for the team.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't know if it is him or Kellen Moore but the play calling is getting just worse than the last seasons. What we have seen from our coaches last night was abysmal.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I started threads on the subject of firing McCarthy after the Browns loss.

This team plays undisciplined, uninspired, and just flat out awful.

There is nothing encouraging about him as the head coach. And don't give him excuses about the injuries. Every team is facing injuries.

After Zeke's first fumble (terrible ball security), I would expect a coach to get in his face and at least have a talking with him, which may have prevented the second fumble.

Part ways with him now. He's done nothing in 6 weeks to suggest he could take a team anywhere.

He's done in the NFL.

I'll start a thread like this after every week for the rest of the season.
Only 9 years to go.

Cmac

Reaction score
I don't know if it is him or Kellen Moore but the play calling is getting just worse than the last seasons. What we have seen from our coaches last night was abysmal.
Everyone comes onto the field knowing what Dallas is going to call....this will be exposure time for KMoore, but he will be granted excuses.

bdk76

Reaction score
The head coach is the least of our problems. This organization is a traveling circus and it all begins and ends with the master ring leader Jerry. I don't think there is a coach in this league who could overcome the ego of Jerry Jones. We will not win a Super Bowl while he is running the show and I am starting to believe things won't get a hole lot better when Stephen takes over...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I started threads on the subject of firing McCarthy after the Browns loss.

This team plays undisciplined, uninspired, and just flat out awful.

There is nothing encouraging about him as the head coach. And don't give him excuses about the injuries. Every team is facing injuries.

After Zeke's first fumble (terrible ball security), I would expect a coach to get in his face and at least have a talking with him, which may have prevented the second fumble.

Part ways with him now. He's done nothing in 6 weeks to suggest he could take a team anywhere.

He's done in the NFL.

I'll start a thread like this after every week for the rest of the season.

It is 6 games but I am starting to think this is a one year thing. It has been that bad. This team
is failing in every aspect. I said last year I wanted Urban Meyer. The main reason is you need a fearsome task master to counter Jerry’s country club culture. It’s the only way.

jhj7098

Reaction score
And hire who another YES man?
Ain't nothing changing as long as a Jones is the GM of this franchise!
Sad thing is, when Jerry kicks the bucket, Stephen is there to step in. We’re doomed for many, many years.

Carson

Reaction score
Just cut bait and move on.

Look at Matt Rhule in Carolina or Kevin Stefanski in Cleveland.

Yet, McCarthy gets a pass.

He has 0 emotion. Just sits there and does nothing but talk about “how well we prepared this week”. Just fire him now and take his clown staff with him.

Last edited:

aikemirv

Reaction score
I am not all opposed to that...if we have another couple of defensive outings like this, Nolan is fired for sure...

then at the end of the year, just walk away from McCarthy....go get Urban...
If you hire Urban, Jerry has got to completely get out of the way!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
who would do any better with no offensive line and swiss cheese for defense?

teams know they can just overwhelm the Oline to shut down the offense.

you can't evaluate anything about the coaching when the players on the field can't execute at a basic level.

they may be horrible coaches ... but there isn't any way to distinguish where blame lies when nothing or no one has a chance to be successful.

John813

Reaction score
I wonder how much he's actually doing for the offense. It looks bad out there at times. Not too many adjustments.

Defensively it lands on his feet too cause he chose his BFF to lead this defense to new lows, and is making monte Kiffin seem like an upgrade.

Carson

Reaction score
who would do any better with no offensive line and swiss cheese for defense?

teams know they can just overwhelm the Oline to shut down the offense.

you can't evaluate anything about the coaching when the players on the field can't execute at a basic level.

they may be horrible coaches ... but there isn't any way to distinguish where blame lies when nothing or no one has a chance to be successful.

Attitude reflects leadership.

This team has looked dead in the water literally every week.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
every coach was handed a bad hand....so lets not go there....

But not every coach had to agree to keep the previous offensive coordinator and give up the job of calling plays for which he's good at. And not every coach has an owner who claims to know more about football than they do and an owner who, ultimately, makes the final decisions on EVERYTHING.

Yes, McC signed up for this and has no one to blame but himself. HIS guy is running the D so he most certainly deserves part of the blame. Enough of the blame to be canned already? IMO...no but that's me.