Firing Jason Garret is the only solution to turn this ship around

pansophy

Reaction score
Other than Parcells who Jones literally said he only hired to get support for the stadium, what coach have we had since Jimmy makes you think firing Garrett will lead to a better coaching staff?

As long as Jerry needs to be in front of the cameras we are going to have uninspiring coaching.

CB61

Reaction score
I held back on this old beaten down debate, but until Garret is fired this team will be held back.

The question is Jerry Jones & Stephen Jones willing to ruin this season just in order to bring Dak’s contract down ( that’s why they kept Garret)? I believe going to Zeke at the end was a message to Dak that he doesn’t matter.
Well I hate to tell you this but there's another problem after Garrett is gone and that is getting Jerry Jones to change his culture because if a new coach wants to do something and Jerry doesn't like it ain't happening or he won't be around long

CapnB

Reaction score
Disagree. Thats not going to make this team better. There are positions on this team that need upgrades that are hurting this team more than coaching

CB61

Reaction score
Well I hate to tell you this but there's another problem after Garrett is gone and that is getting Jerry Jones to change his culture because if a new coach wants to do something and Jerry doesn't like it ain't happening or he won't be around long
For example not bending down to Rod Marinelli to draft busts like taco Charlton and soon-to-be Tristan Hill we could have had TJ Watt instead of Taco now I know he's not b 4- 3 guy would not fit our scheme I'm tired of hearing that, but if we had any kind of Coach we could make him one he's got the motor he's got the desire and he's got the skills he's young he could have been taught? The man loves to play football and we all saw how that worked out with Taco at least in Dallas

CapnB

Reaction score
Other than Parcells who Jones literally said he only hired to get support for the stadium, what coach have we had since Jimmy makes you think firing Garrett will lead to a better coaching staff?

As long as Jerry needs to be in front of the cameras we are going to have uninspiring coaching.

Yes, thats why Urban Myer said it is THE #1 job in football and the only one he would come back for.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Garrett is not our best chance. If he is why hasn't he showed up yet?

He never was and never will be our best chance.

And why are we always playing from behind? The one time we didn't it took a different voice to fire us up. So see a different voice may just work here. After hearing from the same person 10 plus years, something new may be what the doctor ordered.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I held back on this old beaten down debate, but until Garret is fired this team will be held back.

The question is Jerry Jones & Stephen Jones willing to ruin this season just in order to bring Dak’s contract down ( that’s why they kept Garret)? I believe going to Zeke at the end was a message to Dak that he doesn’t matter.
You know what the real problem with the Commanders is?
It's the same problem that the Cowboys have.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

in the middle of the season? who is going to replace him with 7 games to go? Moore? who is way over his head as a first year OC. Richard or Marinelli, both of whom have destroyed this defense?

and garrett is in the last year of his contract. after the next 7 games, he is gone, and so are the other coaches......the search for a new coach has already started.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Lol , turn this ship around? Lol . Garrett did turn the ship around, from the 2-14,4-12,5-11,6-10, 7-9, with coaches like Campo, Switzer, fat *** parcels, and fat *** Phillips, are you kidding me. Turn the ship around? Wow!! How ignorant can you be

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Lol , turn this ship around? Lol . Garrett did turn the ship around, from the 2-14,4-12,5-11,6-10, 7-9, with coaches like Campo, Switzer, fat *** parcels, and fat *** Phillips, are you kidding me. Turn the ship around? Wow!! How ignorant can you be

LOL.... I guess you totally ignored 2007 when 'fat %^& Phillips' had a 13-3 record and a 1st round bye. And then he followed it up with 9-7 and 11-5.

In case you have trouble with math, Mr. Fat #&% as you call him had a 33-15 record before the 2010 disaster.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

1. This team has been "held back" since before Garrett but I agree he needs to go.

2. The notion that a 77 year old billionaire would intentionally ruin a season to save a few millions doesn't make sense. He's got more money than he can spend and we all die.

3. If Jerry thinks Zeke is more important than Dak he's stuck in the 20th century, which is consistent with Garrett's approach to football.

BHendri5

Reaction score
LOL.... I guess you totally ignored 2007 when 'fat %^& Phillips' had a 13-3 record and a 1st round bye. And then he followed it up with 9-7 and 11-5.

In case you have trouble with math, Mr. Fat #&% as you call him had a 33-15 record before the 2010 disaster.

I did , he’s still a lame duck HC, but a very good DC