Twitter: First round WRs taken last 3 years

CCBoy

Reaction score
To me, Ridley is the closest to early production of Cooper's.

Cooper is still a first round level of a gamble.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

He's only 6 months younger. If you think of it that way, ATL just made the same trade. Contract differences notwithstanding.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
There is more to figuring out the value of this trade.

only 1 1/2 years of control for a 1st rounder with no extension negotiated. A high price to pay even if Cooper ends up being a stud.
That means you also get a likely 4th round comp if Cooper signs elsewhere.
The variables on things are all over.

Realistically DAL has Cooper for 2 years at very affordable then the 3rd year would be the first year of an extension and what that costs will be decided by the team but year 1's don't have to be costly. If year 1 comes in at 10M you are still talking about 3 years for 25M which is a fir better deal than Watkins would have been.

DAL is not a team hurting for bargain players. It's the youngest team in football.
They need actual primo talent.
Cooper as a former 4th overall is that.

Can he reach that potential? Who knows but even at his lessened state of this year he is a major upgrade.
It's like dating a supermodel while she is pregnant.
She may never model again but she's going to he a far cry from average.
Dallas has been dating 3s and 4s at WR.

tm1119

Reaction score
Only a team with an extremely dumb front office would go into a draft targeting only 1 position group...so yeah, that’s probably what the cowboys would have done.
Still doesn’t make it justifiable, you can’t make future decisions based on past failures.

hairic

Reaction score
I guess this assumes everyone accepts the premise that they would only pick a WR in the first, and only in 2019?

It's not Cooper vs 2016-2019 WRs, it's Cooper vs 2019 Ss, DTs, TEs, QBs, trade back for multiple picks, and trading out to 2020.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
There are not many good QB's coming up next year and the Giants and others will grab them. 2020 and get us Tua, trade up for him, first rounder. Next year for QB's is a bust.

That was never gonna happen.

Rather trade up in the first than to give up a 1st for a wide receiver who isn't even established as a dominant player... Earl Thomas would have made a much bigger difference for example. It's a bad move.

Big_D

Reaction score
Could've went S, QB, DT.. they had options and the team tossed them out the window for another WR. Mind blowing. The guy has 280 yards through 6 games, but I'm sure he'll flip the switch as soon as he gets here.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

True but he's playing as a No. 2........lots help with Julio Jones on the other side