Twitter: First round WRs taken last 3 years

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I suppose it's a good thing that the draft has 7 rounds. Plenty of quality WRs have come outside of the 1st round.

The idea that Dallas had already committed to a 1st round WR in next year's draft before week 8 of the season is laughable. No idea who will declare and they don't even know what pick they will have. Somehow it would have been a WR no matter what?

KDM256

Reaction score
when you watch Tua, pay attention to his pocket presence, how he subtly slides around in the pocket eyes always up. he has a great feel already for moving up and shifting away from pressure
he's left handed but watch him always reset his feet when rolling out especially to the right instead of jumping or throwing off his back foot
he has ridiculous accuracy but notice how often he throws receivers open, always puts the ball away from the defender
he makes routine throws into double coverage deep when he sees his guy open, he drops these in all the time right on the receiver and his deep ball accuracy is unmatched. he does this every. single. game. it's not a fluke
he's a good enough athlete that if he wants to run, he's a real threat

his stats I'm sure you are familiar but if not, they just add to the resume
this guy would be so exciting to have as qb

Perfect assessment, everything you said was spot on. Just to add on, not only is this kid surgical with his throws, Tua's very underrated with his legs as well. Not saying he's Lamar Jackson fast but the kid can move and will drop his pads and get the first down as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was just an offensive line coaching change this season. Does that have something to do with line effectiveness?
Most certainly could but it hasn't been the same since Leary and Callahan left.

Kage

Reaction score
This is a stupid reasoning to make this trade

QBs taken in the first round the last three drafts

2016: Goff, Wentz, Lynch

2017: Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes

2018: Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson

All better than Dak with the exception of Allen Lynch and Jackson

I don't think Rosen is better.

Thats 6/10 that are better.

You willing to take a 60% chance that we draft a better QB? Or get a 100% WR upgrade?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dang, that’s not a very distinguished list.
No.

Cooper dances rings in this company.

Prefer taking him and plug him in and lets see.

One thing I keep hearing is that now..

with a #1 in place at receiver..

they can more accurately eval DAK.

They have to know if DAK can utilized Cooper.

If not..then DAK is the real issue and that requires another approach to things.

We shall see.