First Take: trade scenario: Cowboys trade Prescott & 17th pick to Dolphins

aria

Reaction score
Why on earth would any team in a position to draft a top QB rookie prospect trade for a QB (barring AR, Wilson and one or two others) who wants to be paid as the highest and is due for a contract? A lot of winning teams try and build around a rookie qb while they’re still on a rookie contract, not the other way around. Mahomes, Goff and Wentz come to mind.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Its gonna cost 5 and 18
That’s the only way the Cowboys might even listen. I would keep the 17th pick, take the 18th and also get the extra second round pick. I would want three first round picks for the Cowboys.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I like the trade if it's for Tua. I agree with Max and Ryan Clark.

I don't want Tua. he reminds me of Mariotta. we all complain about Dak having been surrounded with talent and he was the beneficiary, yet Tua was surrounded by some of the most talented players on a single team in history of NCAA. how many first roudn WRs? TEs? Linemen and running backs did he play with?. so I am not sold on Tua. he is smallish, doesn't wow you with any single thing. has no signature anything......successful college player, who is injury prone now....

if this scenario happens, then I would try and trade up one spot with Commanders and take Chase Young, who plays the same position as Montez Sweat who Commanders traded up and drafted last year.....you start to build the defense with some high level talent...defense wins championships. now, behind our OL, Stafford may have some success and MC is pretty familiar with him given his years at GB....

now, that would be awesome!

John813

Reaction score
Miami passes on that deal.

I follow them and they have been set on sinking or swimming off a 2020 draft QB.

JBS

Reaction score
Dak and 17 for 5?

You can miss my

On top of that..there is no guarantee Tua is even there at 5..now you lose dak, 17, and have no qb..

Great trade, idiot

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Miami is not going to make that trade unless they are allowed to work a deal with Dak in advance. Not happening.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
There aren't any real good QB's in this draft IMO. Should wait until next year to replace Dak if that's what they want to do.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
If we can get Herbert at 5 and Fitzmagic and we swap picks at 17 - 18 ..... sold.

If Tua is the one there at 5, not sure Id take it.