Video: First Things First-Reaction to Cowboys QB coach comparing Dak to Warren Moon

Dre11

Reaction score
These dummies missed the point. Kitna never said he was Moon, he said he throws a ball similar. Which he then talk about a tight spiral. He never said he had the mentality or accuracy of moon.

Dre11

Reaction score
Maybe I missed the whole kitna quote but I what I saw was "I feel like he throws the ball very similar to Warren,” Kitna said of Prescott. “It’s one of the tightest spirals you’ll ever see.”

He said similar and it was his spiral. Not his style of play, not his accuracy, just his throwing "style".

Exactly, these dummies on the show just went on a tirade totally different from what Kitna said.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Kitna was talking about their spirals. I still don’t see it, but it sure does make an easy segment if you don’t bother to get the quote right or even paraphrase it properly.
That warren moon spiral

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Kitna's comparison of Dak to Warren Moon seemed premature to me at the time. Maybe he saw something in Dak's spirals that reminded him of Moon, although that seemed a bit complimentary of Dak at the time. It may well have been an early point in time to risk that comparison, though. At any rate, Dak will have an opportunity to lend credence to that comparison, now that it's out in the open. Dak, undoubtedly, has room to improve in all phases of his game before all is said and done. Here's hoping he proves deserving of that compliment this year, if he hasn't already. I wish him great success.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
These dummies missed the point. Kitna never said he was Moon, he said he throws a ball similar. Which he then talk about a tight spiral. He never said he had the mentality or accuracy of moon.

You do many here a disservice by assuming their stupidity. Saying Dak's spirals compared to Moon's was a compliment, any way you slice it. Let's just hope the rest of what he lacks that Moon had to offer falls into place. Among those who admire him realistically, may he compare favorably to whatever he lacks that Moon did during his career. Dak is young yet. He'll get his chances to compare with Moon in every way. Let's hope he does.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Meanwhile...Dak won more games in his Rookie year than Moon did his first three. Once again, Moon didn't have great seasons in the NFL until he was 34! 34! He threw 26 ints his 3rd year at age 30.

Moon was a very good qb in his 30s...but this romanticizing players and making them better than they were is ridiculous.

cowboyfan4lyfe

Reaction score
I've heard Carter rip on Elliott saying not to resign him because you never know when another off the field issue will come up and he gets suspended again. I've also heard him rip on Romo and Lee. Carter is far from a big flag waver for the Cowboys.
You don't think Zeke should take a hit for putting himself in that situation? Can't expect that from a national TV show.

cowboyfan4lyfe

Reaction score
I don't agree nor disagree with any of it actually. Just saying Carter is just another mouth piece that spouts off with thinking a good part of the time.
He is using his personal feelings and experience with a player about a player he doesn't know, or know too well from a comment of a coach actually working with Dak.
He is taking what was said way to literally.

When it was mentioned a year or 2 ago, by someone saying Dask had Brady like qualities, this board went nuts, as now. They did not, and do not mean the physical part of it at this point. But more in preparation and the way they approach the game. And that is what makes them succeed.

Maybe it is so maybe it is not. Just giving my opinion.
Compre to others. I think Carter and this show has been fair when it comes to the Cowboys

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You don't think Zeke should take a hit for putting himself in that situation? Can't expect that from a national TV show.

If this was his only incident I wouldn't give it a second thought, but it's far from it. He has shown a very distinct pattern of immaturity and after the 6 game suspension if he had matured and learned from it he wouldn't have gotten in this latest incident. What ever the security person told Elliott and when asked to leave, he should stopped and thought for a second and said to himself, it's late, I've been drinking I should just go along with this security person and leave and go home. He has proven that he still hasn't grown up yet and unfortunately for the Cowboys and their fans it may, I'm not say it will, but it may have a bad effect.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meanwhile...Dak won more games in his Rookie year than Moon did his first three. Once again, Moon didn't have great seasons in the NFL until he was 34! 34! He threw 26 ints his 3rd year at age 30.

Moon was a very good qb in his 30s...but this romanticizing players and making them better than they were is ridiculous.

Moon also played those early years on team that had only won 3 games in the previous 2 years combined, and he only had the benefit of Earl Campbell for 6 games before Campbell was trade. So, he stepped into a terrible team that lost its best player.

In any case, Kitna was talking about the Moon he knew and played with, not the Moon you are referring to in his first few NFL seasons, and just because Dak's time in the NFL got better doesn't mean he will reach the level Moon did.

Of course, Kitna wasn't suggesting that anyway. He was merely talking about how the two throw a similar looking ball with a tight spiral.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Moon could throw it through a car wash and not get it wet.
There's water on the ball with Dak .. if he hits the car wash.

Mannix

Reaction score
Carter is a Cowboy hating punk, but that isn't why I hate him the most. Anybody who does a Lynn Swann and continually cries about getting into the HOF is on my S list for life.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
What makes one spiral look different from the others. The speed of the ball, the spin on the ball and the arc of the ball, right? Dak's arc is different from Moon's. Dak's spin is faster than Moon's Their passes look different because their speed of delivery is different, their spin is different, and the arc is different. All FACTS.
Different, different, different.

But it was nice of Kitna to even make a comparison in the first place.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Kitna was talking about their spirals. I still don’t see it, but it sure does make an easy segment if you don’t bother to get the quote right or even paraphrase it properly.

we know have opinion pieces and shows based on "what we think was said" not actual facts.