Video: First Things First-Would the Cowboys be making a huge mistake making Dak one of the highest paid QBs

Sandyf

Reaction score
No, because he would be the highest paid for about a week then Rogers new contract, Ben's new contract, Wentz's new contract, etc will all be more than his. Plus the fact that Dallas isn't going to pay Dak $35 million a year average like Wilson and Dak knows this because his resume isn't as good as Wilson. People worry to much.

Remember when everyone thought Lawrence was going to get $23 million average per year or more and total contract was going to somewhere between $120 million and $156 million and it ended up being what a total of $105 million. Just let things play out. None of us have any idea what the yearly average will be for Dak. Want to worry, worry about how Kansas City is going to afford to pay Mahomes some $40 million average around this time next year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People have to quit getting bogged down with the fact that Dak will be among the higher paid QBs because it's not a function of value relative to other QB's who are under a current contract, it's a function of the market at the time the contract is being negotiated.

If Rodgers, Roethlesberger, Brees and others were negotiating contracts today, they would get significantly more money than they are making now, and significantly more than Dak would get. But that's not the timing. It just happens that it is Dak's contract, and not theirs, that is coming up. In a year or two less productive QB's than Dak will likely end up with bigger contracts than Dak's because they will have to be paid relative to the market as it is at that time.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
IKR.

It's like, how many posts can we have about Dak and his money? Stay tuned.
It is going to happen year after year , bro.

After all these guys get signed..

we will debate, comment and move on.

If you are bored with the thread..

Hit 'ignore'.

I prefer to watch a video for 10 minutes as opposed to reading multiple threads for hours.

Just me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not unless they overpay too many other positions. Every team can afford to overpay the QB but when you throw the RB, WR, DE in that mix and end up with too many players in the top 5 or 10 paid at their position, that team better be a drafting demon and a very healthy team.

Have we seen the too much to too few work in the cap era? Why is there only one guy that has figured this out?

If they give Prescott 25-28M, Elliott 15M, Cooper 17M and Lawrence 21M (already done) they better be a hell of a lot better at drafting deeper in the draft than they have been because any team with that much ties up with 4 players has got to have some over producing players based on their cap hit. It can work but a team like that can't have many misses in the draft and health becomes a real issue and when wasn't the injury report loaded with RB's and WR's? The Cowboy have been lucky with Elliott but he is an injury waiting to happen. Then what do they do?

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
It is going to happen year after year , bro.

After all these guys get signed..

we will debate, comment and move on.

If you are bored with the thread..

Hit 'ignore'.

I prefer to watch a video for 10 minutes as opposed to reading multiple threads for hours.

Just me.
Nowhere did you see the word bored in my post but it seems that there are multiple threads about the man and his money.

You watch the video and I will read the posts, that way we will have both areas covered.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's not Dak's fault that the QB market is the way that it is.
Nope but some will be angry with him going for all he can and taking advantage of that like they wouldn't do that? I laugh at these team friendly suggestions. The owners aren't team friendly, why should the players be?

My regret is that the money has taken more of a front position in the game and that continues to escalate. I'd be a happier fan if I didn't know what any of them make.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Dak being ONE OF the highest paid is inevitable, simply because all contracts keep getting inflated year after year as the salary cap grows. It's gone up 31% since 2015. So the most recent contracts are almost always the biggest ones regardless. But people here will lose their minds regardless.