Fish 247: What does Cowboy trade pursuit of Quinn have to do with Tank?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What does Cowboys trade pursuit of Quinn have to do with Tank?
ByMIKE FISHER 2 hours ago

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...n-have-to-do-with-DE-Tank-Lawrence-130303896/

FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys really, really, really want the media to know that their aggressive pursuit of a trade for defensive end Robert Quinn has nothing - nothing! - to do with the current negotiations stalemate with DeMarcus Lawrence and agent David Canter.

In fact, it’s actually Lawrence and the agent (with whom the Cowboys presently have a prickly relationship) who Dallas wants to hear its gentle message.

And yet -- again, in fact -- the interest in Quinn has plenty to do with the plans for Tank.

In the most optimistic and simplistic way, the envisioned “plan” would be for long-time sack-master Quinn to play left end and for Pro Bowler Lawrence to man his familiar right end spot, where he is uniquely productive as an all-around performer (thus Dallas’ use of the $20.5 million tag to maintain contractual control while the parties face a July 15 deadline to get a long-term deal done).

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
chance favors the prepared mind. a plan "b" is definitely needed here. tank will be a tough signing. we've been trying to get the deal done for 2 years.

Agree 100%........especially with Tank's shoulder issue.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What does Cowboys trade pursuit of Quinn have to do with Tank?
ByMIKE FISHER 2 hours ago

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...n-have-to-do-with-DE-Tank-Lawrence-130303896/

FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys really, really, really want the media to know that their aggressive pursuit of a trade for defensive end Robert Quinn has nothing - nothing! - to do with the current negotiations stalemate with DeMarcus Lawrence and agent David Canter.

In fact, it’s actually Lawrence and the agent (with whom the Cowboys presently have a prickly relationship) who Dallas wants to hear its gentle message.

And yet -- again, in fact -- the interest in Quinn has plenty to do with the plans for Tank.

In the most optimistic and simplistic way, the envisioned “plan” would be for long-time sack-master Quinn to play left end and for Pro Bowler Lawrence to man his familiar right end spot, where he is uniquely productive as an all-around performer (thus Dallas’ use of the $20.5 million tag to maintain contractual control while the parties face a July 15 deadline to get a long-term deal done).

Tank is the left end. Quinn would take Gregory's spot at right end, I believe.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not sure how much I believe here coz if this was more about Gregory, what about Taco? I mean wouldn't a Quinn trade take snaps from Taco and Armstrong?
Taco is a failed prospect. Should have never drafted him. Had the Cowboys drafted TJ Watt, they wouldn't be in this current dilemma. Making the wrong pick has consequences.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me, I see a Quinn trade as protection

***if they can't reach long-deal with Tank
*** how Tank deals with the shoulder issue
*** Possible pre-draft trade offer too good to pass

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My question is, if you are extending (which supposedly is the plan) what does the money look like.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
this pursuit of quinn tells u all you need to know about how they feel about taco he was a bad pick in the first round should of picked someone else or traded the pick
Hear that younger Watt brother was alright...

And before someone hits me with the hindsight is 20/20, there were a bunch of people in the draftzone wanting him.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
We lost Irving and Gregory. This is because of them not Lawrence.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We lost Irving and Gregory. This is because of them not Lawrence.
True... but Lawrence is asking for the farm in a new contract, plus he's threatened to not play this upcoming year on a tag once again. What does that tell you? It says Lawrence is willing to sit out. How is that helping the team? Can't blame the team for looking for Plan B... just in case. The team has no other option at this point.

Last edited: