Video: Fish: Cowboys + Dak agent idea of just 3 years? Biggest win of qb’s career

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Feb 28, 2021.

1. jaythecowboy

jaythecowboy Well-Known Member

2,059 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    I think he is referring to it from the Seahawks side. They would have Wilson's $39 million on the books and have Dak Prescott on a $37 million franchise tag if they made that trade. That's almost half the salary cap on two players.

2. Nemesis4u

Nemesis4u Active Member

297 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    and dak was better then ask yourself what has dak done in the last 2 years to make him worth 40 million? nothing.

3. jaythecowboy

2,059 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    https://sportdfw.com/2021/02/03/dallas-cowboys-brace-dak-prescott-may-want-3-year-deal/

This is the first link I saw. It's been pretty widely reported that the main point of contention was the years. Which is why the best time to get a deal done was after 2018. The Cowboys could have frontloaded the contract into that 2019 season when Dak was only making $2 million, and Dak would have been happy with a 5 year deal expiring in 2024. Now two years later all indications point to him wanting a 3 year deal.

4. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

16,612 Messages
    11,721 Likes Received
    no to all 4 of those breakdowns nope Jerry run..

5. Mr_V

Mr_V rat2k8

7,279 Messages
    8,089 Likes Received
    Oh for sure it's not a straight up trade. But if you can bring in a player like Wilson I would do it in a heart beat.

6. Mr_V

Mr_V rat2k8

7,279 Messages
    8,089 Likes Received
    Not sure about that 39M not according to this it is only $32M vs 37.7M for Dak

7. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

28,460 Messages
    49,504 Likes Received
    I love your nom de plume.
    You know Oz was a phony and a shyster, right?

8. Corso

28,460 Messages
    49,504 Likes Received
    So 32 in dead hit plus 37 in tag hit?

9. Cwby41

Cwby41 Well-Known Member

206 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    He looks like an idiot

10. jaythecowboy

2,059 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    It isn't vs. It is both. The Seahawks would have to eat Russell Wilson's dead money AND take whatever Dak's salary is for a trade to work. The dead money from a trade would be $39 million according to overthecap which I trust way more than that show. But even if the dead cap was only $32 million, that is still a ton of money wrapped up in two players.

http://overthecap.com/player/russell-wilson/1569/

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  11. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

6,120 Messages
    7,296 Likes Received
    But he came through at the end. Results matter.

12. Corso

28,460 Messages
    49,504 Likes Received
    Lol. Right on.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country likes this.
  13. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

18,190 Messages
    18,570 Likes Received
    Uh....what HAS ANY QB done to be worth 40 mill......nothing. No QB is worth that.

14. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

18,255 Messages
    17,475 Likes Received
    I'm looking for the link where someone who's actually a part of the negotiations confirmed $35m/4yrs would have gotten it done last year. Lots of championing whatever rumor fits an agenda in this thread. Or just pulling nonsense out of thin air.

visionary likes this.
  15. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

20,594 Messages
    20,678 Likes Received
    teams need longer deals for cap purposes

most players who want to play for and win with at ram understand that and accommodate the team. Of course if your ONLY objective is money grab you won’t care and that is what is happening here

texbumthelife likes this.
  16. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

18,255 Messages
    17,475 Likes Received
    I have no problem with a player trying to get every dime they can, but I also have no problem calling a spade a spade. You're 100% correct. This is all about getting paid regardless of what that does to the teams chances of winning games. Dak and his agent refused to budge on any part of the language. When they showed they wouldn't negotiate, Jerry should have made a trade.

visionary likes this.
  17. jaythecowboy

2,059 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys had a sense of urgency after 2018 they could have likely gotten the 5th year extension and had 2019 to frontload as well.

18. jaythecowboy

2,059 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    No one is confirming anything so by that rationale this whole thread (and most of CZ is nonsense). If that is nonsense to you then you shouldn't even be on this post. What is the last thing that was actually confirmed by someone in the negotiations? I don't think we've heard anything directly since Dak said he didn't expect to be the highest paid qb 2 years ago.

19. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

10,850 Messages
    14,906 Likes Received
    Yeah, Jerry is the problem here. :facepalm:

20. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

6,182 Messages
    7,102 Likes Received
    I actually rooted for Romo for about 5 years before realizing he would never wins SB even with a great defense. Dude was too snake bit. It took me less time to figure out Dak and Cousins

atlantacowboy likes this.