Video: Fish: Cowboys + Dak agent idea of just 3 years? Biggest win of qb’s career

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

25,380 Messages
    23,944 Likes Received
    Depends on what Dak thinks is fair market value.

2. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

25,380 Messages
    23,944 Likes Received
    Elite QB’s are judged by tears records and playoff success only by idiotic fans who obviously know nothing.

3. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

4,157 Messages
    5,269 Likes Received
    I agree with everything you said. I say trade him now and get more than a 3rd round comp pick.

If this report is true and he wants 41 million and will only sign a 3 year deal then I would be pretty upset if Dallas caved. Trade him and get 2 firsts for him.

I also like the idea of putting the non exclusive tag on him and letting him shop around. If someone is willing to pay him this ridiculous contract then trade him.

I got a feeling that no one would pay him 41 million for 3 years, except Jerry Jones. I'd like to see that other teams wouldn't give him that and then he can come back to reality.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country likes this.
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

20,986 Messages
    21,308 Likes Received
    so you’re paying Dak 35 million/y after an 8-8 2019 season?

like I said, be a fan of the Cowboys not the player

5. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

4,157 Messages
    5,269 Likes Received
    Lol, Fish has serious ADHD. So frustrating to watch.

Fish: " so this is the greatest win in Dak's career. But....But....it's also a big win for the Cowboys too. Let me tell you why it's a big win for the Cowboys. Hold I need to eat a peanut first. Oh you're looking at my shirt now. Exclusive exclusive, you can buy this shirt and other products in the merch store. I don't know why someone would want a sticker with my face on it. That wasn't my idea. I'm reporting from my kitchen, do you like my kitchen?"

So.
    Ridiculously.
    Frustrating.
    To.
    Watch.

I seriously can not watch this guy without getting agitated. Just horrible camera presence.

6. jaythecowboy

jaythecowboy Well-Known Member

2,162 Messages
    1,661 Likes Received
    In the first four years, he had two division titles and two trips to the divisional round. Even though he hasn't advanced beyond the divisional round, he arguably outplayed his matchup both games. The best path forward is to pay Dak and then use the draft to build out the rest of the team.

cowboyec likes this.
  7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

44,047 Messages
    36,951 Likes Received
    Not sure how you came to that observation. Your eyes told you that Romo was snake bit rather than the team around him wasn't built to win a SB? Damn.

8. erod

erod Well-Known Member

32,680 Messages
    47,759 Likes Received
    This is like paying $85K for a Ford Mustang.

Hadenough likes this.
  9. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

23,010 Messages
    16,567 Likes Received
    I’m not sure where you get that. Lol.

10. Verdict

23,010 Messages
    16,567 Likes Received
    What about Dak has to agree do you guys not comprehend?

11. Verdict

23,010 Messages
    16,567 Likes Received
    Seems like Dak has changed his mind.

12. jaythecowboy

jaythecowboy Well-Known Member

2,162 Messages
    1,661 Likes Received
    Nobody is saying Dak doesn't have to agree. But the Cowboys' offers have been inadequate. Had they made better offers, I would look at Dak more as being the one holding things up.

13. Verdict

23,010 Messages
    16,567 Likes Received
    Don’t block. Tell us how you really feel.

14. Verdict

23,010 Messages
    16,567 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have offered him enough. Lol. But it appears enough is not enough.

15. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

32,454 Messages
    22,821 Likes Received
    If he wants to be in the Mahomes AAV then he needs to be in the same length of deal. Less years means less equivalent value.

If he wants 3 years then he can have $100m guaranteed. After that point I am willing to let him walk. He doesn't deserve over 20% of the cap or twice of what any other player on the roster makes.

16. Verdict

23,010 Messages
    16,567 Likes Received
    He’s knowledgeable but he sometimes also gets “stuck” on a player and can’t be as objective as he should be in his position. I think he was that way on Witten and Dez at the end.

plymkr likes this.
  17. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

4,157 Messages
    5,269 Likes Received
    I agree he's knowledgeable, but he also eats peanuts and gets distracted right when he's about to make a point. Kind of funny sometimes. I appreciate his work but some of his videos can be frustrating to watch cuz he draws them out.

18. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

30,326 Messages
    12,395 Likes Received
    This is common sense.
    It baffles me so few grasp it and fail to understand non-exclusive versus exclusive.
    There is is literally ZERO BENEFIT for the Dallas Cowboys to tag non-exclusive.
    It merely removes control levers they enjoy under exclusive.

It would be quite welcome to Todd France.

But realistically walk through the actual scenarios.

IF you tag non-exclusive only 1 thing has to happen. Dak has to agree to terms with another club. That's it. The structure, timing and means to meet the two R1 ask is up to the team doing the deal with Dak.
    They do not HAVE to offer that deal under the Tag and can contact the Cowboys for a lesser trade package.
    Dallas has no real control at that point over anything. Match a deal built so they can't/won't match or let him go.
    They do not get to steer Dak out of the NFCE, they do not get to maintain exclusive tag rights, they do not get to judge the R1 picks requirement.

IF you tag exclusive you can just the same tell France to go find the best deal he can minus NFCE and you want two R1 picks from any team projected middle of the pack or more picks from a team that would be viewed at a SB contender.
    The TEAM retains control for the year if THEY don't get the deal they want.

You still get the same requirement of Dak finding a team and you merely GAIN control over final say.

No team would give up that final say.

Dak is from Louisiana. Imagine him on that Saints team.
    Or with WFT and that trench group.
    Heck even with his old buddy Garrett in NY in that market.

Dallas does not want to lose Dak at all. They do not want to lose him especially to someone who might beat them 7 out of 8 times the next 4 years as Dak did to other NFCE teams.
    They do not want to lose him to a SB contender where they could recoup a whopping two picks in the 30-32 range while they search for a QB and draft top 10 based upon their own picks.

19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

58,477 Messages
    27,112 Likes Received
    What makes you say this? BYU was 11-1 last year? Wilson started 12 games. That seems pretty clear to me.

The closest thing to a sure thing in this Draft is Lawrence and that's the #1 pick. That's not going to happen so the next closest is Wilson IMO. What's the point of this statement?

Wilson isn't lasting to the second round. He's not getting out of the top 5 IMO but I guess we'll see.

I'd love to get him at 10 but I said earlier, I don't think he's going to be there if he shows well at the Combine. This is an interesting year because in most years, the Combine would be ending by now. But this year, it hasn't even started yet. Combine will make or break Wilson.

I'm not talking about trading 10 and next year's first. I'm talking about trading Dak in exchange for 2nd overall, 2nd round pick and Darnold. I can't speak for whatever anybody else is thinking.

Wilson took over as starter in, I believe, the 7th game of his Freshman year.

2018 4W/3L 1799 yds, 65.9 Comp %, 14 TDs, 3 INTs.

Soph year, Wilson was injured against Toledo in the 5th game of the season, and was out for 4 games.

2019 4W/5L 2549 yds, 62.4 Comp %, 11 TDs, 9 INTs.

Junior year, he was pretty much lights out.

2020 11W/1L 3946 yds, 73.5 Comp %, 43 TDs, 3 INTs.

So, I don't really think it's fair to say that he's not really been the full time starter. He's been the full time starter since the 7th game of his Freshman year, missing a few games in his Soph year due to injury. The real question would be, why the drop off in 2019 because his Freshman year was outstanding as Freshman go and his Jr. year is franchise good.

Here's why, injuries at RB, OL and the lose of OL Coach Ryan Pugh. Cougars lost their starting RB, which impacted the running game but really impacted the passing game more because the production from the RB in the passing game was not good but the blitz pickup was terrible. You had two Soph OLs who stayed healthy but the other three OLs were musical chairs so no continuity along the OL. All of this, along with the thumb injury lent itself to a lot more INTs and less production. That was the reason his Soph year was down IMO.

20. FVSTONE

FVSTONE Well-Known Member

619 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    Look at the record against average to above average teams. After you're done with this assignment get back to me............