Signed by Cowboys FISH: Cowboys Plan To Re-Sign Jack Crawford *Update Signed one year deal*

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would hope it's for more than a 1 year deal, but I imagine that's too much to ask for given that he clearly expected a long term deal this offseason.

Either way, I'm happy if he re-signs, even if it's just for the coming season. We need DL depth, and it sets us up to be more flexible with the draft.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I would hope it's for more than a 1 year deal, but I imagine that's too much to ask for given that he clearly expected a long term deal this offseason.

Either way, I'm happy if he re-signs, even if it's just for the coming season. We need DL depth, and it sets us up to be more flexible with the draft.

Fleixble because of JCrawford? Don't know about that. We still need a lot of help.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I like it, he will be a good backup at the 3T and if we don't take a DE in the draft by some fluke, then Crawford, Irving, Russell and probably Jason Jones can all compete for the LDE spot.

robjay04

Reaction score
This makes 4 defensive ends that are pretty much guaranteed a roster spot. I wish Gregory wasn't suspended, I would feel much more comfortable at the position if we could just add one moderately high draft pick (2nd-4th round).

Then you have Irving and Thornton who can both play DE.

I do think we don't have to reach or take one at 4.

RS12

Reaction score
Appears they are taking the shot gun approach on the DL.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
A little cross-thread pollenation for those of us who are really, really bored this offseason. :)

At least baseball is here. It ain't football, but it's better than nothing. I hate to wish my life away, but I'm ready for training camp.

Last edited:

Craig

Reaction score
Anything on jason jones? Theyre getting to a spot where they can dress a roster of nfl players...even if some spots arent great. If nothing else its getting easier to just take bpa rather than having a temptation to fill a need.