Fish: Cowboys question Coop effort during playoff game

Sydla

Reaction score
I have been saying this for the last couple of months. It is a huge problem when Wilson was your best route runner and arguably your best wr the last 6 or so weeks of the season.

He's potentially getting cut because of his cap hit. That's the primary driving force here. It's not because he's lazy or whatever (although I could see him being out two games for not being vaccinated also factoring in because it pissed Jerry off).

Saying Wilson was the best route runner is, most likely, you once again trying to make excuses for Dak's play. See guys, Dak wasn't struggling!!!! That Cooper, man, he was running bad routes all over the place!!! Dak was fine!!!

GINeric

Reaction score
I mean this is how the Cowboys do it. Leak negative things when they are about to get rid of a high level player for cap purposes.

They are more worried about what the fans are going to think than alienating players.

But its the truth. Coop disappeared in big games and road games. All the analysts talked about this from time to time, and its a reason the Raiders didn't fight to keep him.

Reactions: BAT

Sydla

Reaction score
But its the truth. Coop disappeared in big games and road games. All the analysts talked about this from time to time, and its a reason the Raiders didn't fight to keep him.

Even if they truly believe it, you don't do a player dirty like that by leaking that to the press. Shoot, you might able to use Cooper as a trade piece. The Raiders had multiple offers for Cooper despite the fact they were OK with trading him.

The Cowboys are more worried about not being criticized by fans and the media than doing something smart. They are going to trash Cooper out the door so they can get people to believe that cutting him was a brilliant move.

links18

Reaction score
Of all the things to blame that playoff loss on, these Arkansas hillbillies are going to hit Cooper? OK, him missing two games midseason for the reason he did was a problem, but how about we talk about the horrible coaching, bad QB play, absurd playcalling, multiple penalities, Jerry's jacked up stadium and just the general boneheadedness that were involved in that loss? What a bunch of jackasses....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
First time I've heard this but it's Fish, so not sure what to make of it. Honestly, it probably doesn't matter, coz his future here was already decided before the playoffs IMO.

"The Cowboys don't necessarily think he quit," the source said, "but ... let's just say they found his effort at the end troubling."

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...scott#gid=ci029b562990002436&pid=jarvis-amari

Coop isn't saying anything Dak negative.
Man trying to get payed, and not played.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Cowboys question AC effort during playoff game? Well, could that just be talk to soften the fan base for the very likely cut that was coming after the season ended? Strange bad mouthing a guy for a bad game even if it is a playoff game? Regardless of what happened in the playoffs Coop was probably heading for the open market after being cut.

nobody

Reaction score
First time I've heard this but it's Fish, so not sure what to make of it. Honestly, it probably doesn't matter, coz his future here was already decided before the playoffs IMO.

"The Cowboys don't necessarily think he quit," the source said, "but ... let's just say they found his effort at the end troubling."

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...scott#gid=ci029b562990002436&pid=jarvis-amari

I'm so tired of having one of the dumbest front offices in all of sports. We have a front office that is far more concerned with optics than getting the job done right. Why release this info and reduce any chance of a trade?

It's pretty simple though. Look at Dak's QBR when Amari is playing as opposed to when Amari isn't playing. That right there shows you the effect Cooper has on the offense and opposing defenses. If Cooper reduced his effort in the playoff game and they found it troubling, they should also find it troubling that 90% of the rest of the team played with the same lack of drive as him.

His cap number is high, they have a cap issue. They want a scapegoat. Rather than try to talk him up and trade him, they're releasing hit pieces to try to get fans on board with letting him go. This team is not reaching a Super Bowl any time soon with this kind of "brilliant" leadership in the front office. That's not their main goal.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

If he quit, then puddlewinks to him!
Egads, you ruffians, with Dak and Zeke at least we know they gave it their below-average and futile best.

There is no i in quittin... there is no i in slackers !

Shtay away fromsh 20% beersh

Ken

Reaction score
He's potentially getting cut because of his cap hit. That's the primary driving force here. It's not because he's lazy or whatever (although I could see him being out two games for not being vaccinated also factoring in because it pissed Jerry off).

Saying Wilson was the best route runner is, most likely, you once again trying to make excuses for Dak's play. See guys, Dak wasn't struggling!!!! That Cooper, man, he was running bad routes all over the place!!! Dak was fine!!!
A literal blind man could see that Wilson was running 100% and running crisp routes over the last 6 or so weeks.

A blind man can see that the other two weren't.

It isn't my fault that you didn't watch the tape.

quickccc

Reaction score

Cowboys placed that escape clause on that renewed contract for a reason,.. suggest Cowboys have not always been comfortable with Cooper's reliability after his
first year after the big trade.

yeh Fish has a tendency to just throw darts in the dark and hope sumthin' sticks ..

Zordon

Reaction score
This is poor player management. A strong, confident FO would wish him well and keep this kind of garbage out of the media. And, fish should be ***** slapped for reporting it.
Confident? Stephen Jones bites his fingernails during games like a 10 year old. I cringe every time the broadcast shows him doing that in the booth. He’s in over his head.

Reactions: BAT

Cmac

Reaction score
Seems to me, a few others disappeared in big games too......including coordinator-types.

Plankton

Reaction score
Seems to me, a few others disappeared in big games too......including coordinator-types.

Ck2uEJD.gif

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Yes Amari disappeared in important games, we already noticed seasons ago, now he is just the scapegoat, like every season there is someone to blame except the Owner and his legion of puppets.