Fish: Cowboys question Coop effort during playoff game

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
The real problem with AC is he is on a bad contract and being overpaid. Whose fault is that? Who made that deal? So, now the team is forced to part with a good player because they made a bad deal a few yrs back.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
[QUOTE="quickccc, post: 11763686, member: 40931"]Cowboys placed that escape clause on that renewed contract for a reason,.. suggest Cowboys have not always been comfortable with Cooper's reliability after his
first year after the big trade.

yeh Fish has a tendency to just throw darts in the dark and hope sumthin' sticks ..[/QUOTE]

To be honest, Coop wanted an out after 2 years. After his deal was signed, he admitted wanting a chance to revisit his market value while he was still under 30. Remember his deal was signed in 2019. I think his vision was catching 100+ balls, playing for the Cowboys, salary cap all would increase his market value by a few million after two years. They didn't see CV-19 coming and its impact.

quickccc

Reaction score
[QUOTE="quickccc, post: 11763686, member: 40931"]Cowboys placed that escape clause on that renewed contract for a reason,.. suggest Cowboys have not always been comfortable with Cooper's reliability after his
first year after the big trade.

yeh Fish has a tendency to just throw darts in the dark and hope sumthin' sticks ..

To be honest, Coop wanted an out after 2 year
s. After his deal was signed, he admitted wanting a chance to revisit his market value while he was still under 30.

Remember his deal was signed in 2019
. I think his vision was catching 100+ balls, playing for the Cowboys, salary cap all would increase his market value by a few million after two years. They didn't see CV-19 coming and its impact.[/QUOTE]

- i do not recall any Cooper saying he wanted out after 2 years, ..i would think that saying would've been definitely brought up and noted among media sources by now. ..

- But If there is any truth to that Coop "wanting out "..- after being made the 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL behind Julio Jones,.. which immediately established market value,
.. then i wish him well on his next journey, .as he planted that seed that grew to create the stagnant trade/cut situation.

- Not satisfied with 2nd best WR contract... - and he definitely will not get his 20+ million after he is released as no one is gonna trade for that 20 mil.

- It takes two to agree to such an escape pact, but i did think Coop camp was so confident that he'd fulfill expectations that they'd give Cowboys that option.
but " wanting out " would also tell me that even as among the highest paid, that Coop made up his mind that he will force a matter in
negotiations to make him THE top highest,.. and there will be no "restructure " not kicking the can down the road, to be forced to continue pay him in some way or form,
that he agreed to.

- Actually his new deal was Not re-signed in 2019 .. it was actually re-signed in 2020, ..a month before the Cowboys drafted CeeDee Lamb in 2020,...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
- i do not recall any Cooper saying he wanted out after 2 years, ..i would think that saying would've been definitely brought up and noted among media sources by now. ..

It's not "he wanted out" but he wanted "an out"..........he said this right after he signed his deal when asked about the structure.

quickccc

Reaction score
It's not "he wanted out" but he wanted "an out"..........he said this right after he signed his deal when asked about the structure.

huh ? .. so "Out " .. doesn't means out ?
He wanted "Out" of being paid 20 mill as 2nd highest paid WR in NFL that he just recently re-signed ?

Frankly he got what he wanted and agreed to as an UFA - he got market value as a WR,... other wise why not sign up with Washington as it was being reported
was being offered a higher price and market ....but yet he's still not content ?

terra

Reaction score
Considering how poor the effort was by so many in that game....

Reactions: BAT