Twitter: Fish: Dak wants $45m in 5th year

aria

Reaction score
Dak, get in trouble a few times, make the headlines for all the wrong reasons, throw a temper tantrum, and fly to Cabo and don’t come back to practice with your teammates until you get what you want. Worked for the Ewok, now it’s time for you to get yours.

Don’t cave Dak, let Jerry cave to you.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Whatever

This is a lose lose situation in my eyes.
Could end up that way for both sides.
Dak saying that that he is betting on himself is an understatement,, mans trying to get himself off this roster if he cant rob Jerry.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Pretty sure... we should just give the entire cap to Dak... let everyone else go...
Then field a team of 1... All we need is Dak anyway. Dude even makes
Jesus envious...
Have to say the man does have a pre game warm up that makes even Jesus start to cry.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Let me just say, regardless what happens with his contract, the Joneses are doing a masterful job making him look like a greedy fool to the media.

Kudos.

I just wish we'd have some resolution. Either pay Dak, or roll with Andy and instead sign some pass rushers. I'm not emotionally invested in either outcome. I just want it to be over already.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I would have placed the “Non-Exclusive” Franchise Tag on Dak and told him “We really like you a lot but go shop for the best deal you can find”. After every other team told him “25 a year is the absolute best we can do for a very very good BUS DRIVER”, I’d have signed him for 26-28 and called it a Day. This kinda money is getting ridiculous for a guy that needs a loaded team around him to even have a chance at reaching a Super Bowl.
This is exactly what I would have done

Go see what your worth don’t like it well sign your deal and be happy

if a team did give him 40mill a season thank them for the two 1sts for a bus drifter

JBS

Reaction score
Yall have such strong opinions on things and yall don't even know how the franchise tags work lololol

bandfan

Reaction score
Put incentives in each year of the contract that are tied to escalating the 5th year to 45m if you meet all of them..

Hadenough

Reaction score
I just don't get how anyone can sit here and say oh well the salary cap is going up and just pay Dak. You can sit there and negotiate for something that you forsee that hasn't happened. Dak wants out Dallas and its probably because he feels so disrespected. He needs to be Kapernicked for being so freaking greedy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
whom cares what any pf you think, you guys going back and forth like someone's right and this sites opinions matter,,

all that matters is what Jonses vs Dak/agents think

they have it covered and no matter how many dak posts are started, whatever happens happens and we will have to accept it and watch football...

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Let me just say, regardless what happens with his contract, the Joneses are doing a masterful job making him look like a greedy fool to the media.

Kudos.

I just wish we'd have some resolution. Either pay Dak, or roll with Andy and instead sign some pass rushers. I'm not emotionally invested in either outcome. I just want it to be over already.

Zeke looked "greedy" too. How'd that work out? As long as you can wipe your tears with crisp $20 bills, doesn't matter that you don't have piker fans' "respect."

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't differentiate between dalton starting 2-4 games to sub in for an injured dak..against say Browns Giants cardinals Commanders vs starting all 16 games???

Ummmm ok

I never said he'd have to start all 16 games. I never said he'd have to start the whole season. Why are you arguing something I NEVER said?

"Undetermined"...is what I said. Are you saying a holdout is typically ALL year long? Very rare for a player or the team to hold out ALL year long. But there you are arguing that is what I said and proclaiming yourself the winner.

ummmmm...ok

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Zeke looked "greedy" too. How'd that work out? As long as you can wipe your tears with crisp $20 bills, doesn't matter that you don't have piker fans' "respect."
The difference there is Zeke actually is a top tier player in the league at his position. Dak isn't. I like Dak, but he is who he is.

I couldnt care less about a player in the league wanting his money, I'm just saying the Jones boys are doing a good job creating this narrative that Dak and his agent are trying to lampoon this team, as well as using the media on their behalf during this negotiation.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
They won't rescind the tag unless he's a no show and the season has started.

He's never intimated anything publicly about the tag, I've not seen one verifiable remark that he doesn't plan to sign it and show up. I've seen some posters say that but they don't have any sources to back that up.

He and his agent aren't walking away from 31.4M to play QB for one year and make the endorsement $ on top of that. He played through his contract year and he'll play on this tag.

However, since the Joneses have yet to prove they can win just one stare down with a player, I think they'll crater like they always do and give him the deal his agent wants. And since they've made this so public against CAA, no way they cut the Joneses any slack. There's their rep and lots more $ to be made with this deal.
And it ain't just this deal.

They agent wants to win this to lineup his next 6 clients.

So he has to take it the whole 9 Yards to prove he can do it.

And you know where that saying "whole 9 Yards" came from?

If you don't, it came from WWI when the machine gunners would cut down the approaching attack troops.

They said "Give them the whole 9 Yards"..the ammo belts were 9 Yards long in the ammo cases.

I think the German came up with that saying.

Both in WWI and WW2 the Germans had exceptional long-range machine gunners and they would dial in a killing zone crossfire that was like a rain of bullets.

It was said they fired so fast it sounded like a continuous stream of noise instead of bursts like the Allied machine guns.

The troops froze hearing it. No doubt they run with a load in their underwear too.

So Jerrah is going to take the Whole 9 Yards?

Really? Bet not.