Video: Fish: Grow up time for Kelvin Joseph

Bigdog

Reaction score
Bossman Fat. I just like typing that.

When he plays well, Fish will be begging for an interview and telling us all along how he knew he was going to be a good one.

I don't think I would speak to anyone in the media if I were a player.
He can just say I am here so I won’t get fined.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Only time will tell.

It always does, If he or Parson had a long list of issues that continued on then yes it would be a concern but an 18 year old kid doing something stupid 1 time in my view is not an over all character issues, just a dumb move by a young kid.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Exclusive. Exclusive.

Three points he makes.

1. Joseph showed up to OTAs out of shape.

2. He seems to question whether we should blame Joseph for getting Covid. Can't wrap my brain around that one but watch the video. He says it.

3. He wonders if the Cowboys simply ignored what they found when doing their background work on Joseph.

BTW, it will be $4.99 to watch the video. Paypal him.

Fish is a hack in the same atmosphere as SAS. Not worth my time.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
sorry double agent Gregory wed smoking is not character issue, its fackt its medical isse as it was with Ricky williams and others who found weed to be the only that made them feel normal in socail sitaions as soe dont react well or trust prescription drugs etc

RG has dont nothing that would warrant bad character.

a lot of guys come into this league with baggage and most never effect their careers..like MOSS, we lost out on a HOF over character issues that never blossomed and that can be blamed on MI and the white houses incidents umm those were some HOF Players from ours 90s teams with charter flaws.. Jamal lewis and others we saw red flags early nd none popped up..imagine our 90s teams without Haley, Irvin and some big names like Nate and who was that famous OL also caught there..those are real character flaws..

RG smoked weed to feel normal and keep from being depressed. Thats not character flaw ..ya dig? the league was way late to the party with the rules finally be laxed on MJ..NBA been doing that for years..

get over it... troll's continually harp on per draft stories and want failure so they can say i told you so..
The NFL rules were the rules whether you agree with them or not. If you are drafted by a team and expected to contribute, but keep getting suspended because you cannot follow the rules in place by your employer, then it is a problem.

Not being able to stop breaking the rules in place by your employer is a character flaw, ya dig?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It always does, If he or Parson had a long list of issues that continued on then yes it would be a concern but an 18 year old kid doing something stupid 1 time in my view is not an over all character issues, just a dumb move by a young kid.
Well he's getting paid a lot of money. If you was getting paid millions of dollars to play a game then your mistakes would be taken into more account also. It comes with the business you're in.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To me, it’s pretty evident what the game plan was:

1. Pray that one of the Top 2 corners drop (preference to Horn)

2. Pivot if Surtain or Horn weren’t available and take the best remaining defensive player (Parsons) available and try to grab a starting caliber CB in the 2nd round

3. They tried trading up for Georgia CB Tyson Campbell, but weren’t able to. I imagine they viewed Joseph as the best remaining corner available with starting caliber traits (warts and all)

Folks should give Joseph time to figure it out, but those trying to dismiss the fact Joseph was asked to leave two football programs are buffoons.
Post draft/pre TC, alot of people oversell themselves on the positives and ignore the negatives.

Joseph has traits and talent you look for in a top 20 draft pick. However, he has alot of questions and he is going to sort out alot of things if he is ever going to be that caliber of a pro

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well he's getting paid a lot of money. If you was getting paid millions of dollars to play a game then your mistakes would be taken into more account also. It comes with the business you're in.

He just got drafted and has not played a single down has not gotten in any trouble so what the hell is your deal. Hang something over their heads from when they were 18 years old and not getting paid a damn thing. I fully agree young players in major league sports getting paid are forced to grow up quicker than the avg kid because the spot light is on them any screw up will be on ESPN and other networks but again Joseph has not done anything since his game suspension at LSU as a freshman..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He just got drafted and has not played a single down has not gotten in any trouble so what the hell is your deal. Hang something over their heads from when they were 18 years old and not getting paid a damn thing. I fully agree young players in major league sports getting paid are forced to grow up quicker than the avg kid because the spot light is on them any screw up will be on ESPN and other networks but again Joseph has not done anything since his game suspension at LSU as a freshman..
There's a reason things like character issues are brought up every year with draftees.

Sometimes they are nothing, sometimes they are, but teams usually do their homework and don't ignore them.

If you are labeled with character issues coming out of college you're going to be on a shorter leash and not given the benefit of the doubt over everything. That's life. You can not agree with it if you want, but it's not going to change. Teams invest a lot into these guys, so they will always take everything into account.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know this guy Fish other than what people have posted here. Based on that alone he has been wrong almost all the time. I do not know he is wrong this time, but I am inclined to believe he is making a giant boulder out of a grain of sand.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fish always looks like he just crawled out of a dive bar after a three day bender.
yup...and his nose rivals that red fat honker that Jimmy Durante had.
OIP.OGvx3V7T-tVf_ihvMKql4AHaJl
fish-donuts-mug.jpg

Rayman70

Reaction score
Boss man fat has a choice he better realize FAST. Focus on his craft or implode slowly and fall behind the eight ball. In this league those that fall behind the curve never really catch up then they end up gone in 2 or 3 years. The NFL is littered with players like that over the years.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There's a reason things like character issues are brought up every year with draftees.

Sometimes they are nothing, sometimes they are, but teams usually do their homework and don't ignore them.

If you are labeled with character issues coming out of college you're going to be on a shorter leash and not given the benefit of the doubt over everything. That's life. You can not agree with it if you want, but it's not going to change. Teams invest a lot into these guys, so they will always take everything into account.

and Cowboys did their home work and I totally disagree that he should be given some benefit of the doubt as an 18 year old kid who did not break any laws but violated a team rule and was suspended for a game. Since then there have been no issues and he does not deserve to have that hung over his head. He is like the 94th highest paid CB in the NFL so Dallas has not sunk money into this kid, he has a rookie deal and an opportunity to have an NFL career and the ability to make a lot more money if he produces at the NFL level. Reporters put a lot of garbage and can do so without any repercussion for what they write. Claiming he has a character issue? for what, what crime did he commit?

blueblood70

Reaction score
The NFL rules were the rules whether you agree with them or not. If you are drafted by a team and expected to contribute, but keep getting suspended because you cannot follow the rules in place by your employer, then it is a problem.

Not being able to stop breaking the rules in place by your employer is a character flaw, ya dig?
hey you like besmirching names of those you do not know, well hers to ya..you are being troll, judging those who you have zero idea accept from the crumbs the media feeds ya of a players personal situations..

get passed it and stop acting like a DB!

blueblood70

Reaction score
and Cowboys did their home work and I totally disagree that he should be given some benefit of the doubt as an 18 year old kid who did not break any laws but violated a team rule and was suspended for a game. Since then there have been no issues and he does not deserve to have that hung over his head. He is like the 94th highest paid CB in the NFL so Dallas has not sunk money into this kid, he has a rookie deal and an opportunity to have an NFL career and the ability to make a lot more money if he produces at the NFL level. Reporters put a lot of garbage and can do so without any repercussion for what they write. Claiming he has a character issue? for what, what crime did he commit?
:hammer:

quickccc

Reaction score
To me, it’s pretty evident what the game plan was:

1. Pray that one of the Top 2 corners drop (preference to Horn)

2. Pivot if Surtain or Horn weren’t available and take the best remaining defensive player (Parsons) available and try to grab a starting caliber CB in the 2nd round

3. They tried trading up for Georgia CB Tyson Campbell, but weren’t able to. I imagine they viewed Joseph as the best remaining corner available with starting caliber traits (warts and all)

Folks should give Joseph time to figure it out, but those trying to dismiss the fact Joseph was asked to leave two football programs are buffoons.

at draft time, it was being reported that they liked the other Georgia Bulldog CB ( Stokes) the best. But he didn't get a chance to drop to drop to Cowboys 2nd rd slot as Stokes
went into the latter first round.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hope the kid gets it together, really do. However he get kicked out of LSU! Let that sink in. I didn't think that was possible.

He was suspended 1 game and he choose to transfer, was not kicked out. Coach Orgeron fully expected Joseph to return as Joseph started working in spring practice with the team and then he choose to transfer

quickccc

Reaction score
1) He didn’t look out of shape to me in some of the drills.
2) How does one blame him for getting covid?
3) Of course they ignored what they found since it was no big deal.

Say what you want but Bossman Fat will be more fun and entertaining than Awuzie and Byron Jones combined. And he will have more interceptions than both combined too.

From what I've been hearing, it seems like everyone is basing this " out of shape" off just whatever Broaddus is reporting per his own camp opinions.
I was not hearing anyone else differently until Broaddus started opening his yap. And many are just piggy back riding off that yap comment.

Also even if Joseph was supposedly "out of shape' how do we even know that it could have been related to his Covid 19 like symptoms ?
Respiratory issues that has anything to do with CoVid 19 related could definitely bend you out of shape.

And from all reports, you don't always just wake up fully healthy and can even have lasting effects even if you're diagnosed as negative.
And how many stories have we heard from those affected and in recovery, that the effect could even last for weeks and even months on ?

That's why I'm taking this Joseph out of shape concerns with a total grain of salt. .. now if i hear missed meetings, late for practices, sent home by the coaches, to matters like that, then
i would have much concerns. ..

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I would love to get Adam Jones in Dallas for a "training seminar" with Joseph. Like him or not, Jones had immense talent and nearly lost it all due to immaturity. He mostly cleaned up his act later in his career and he could be an awesome teacher/example for Joseph.