Video: Fish: Grow up time for Kelvin Joseph

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
From what I've been hearing, it seems like everyone is basing this " out of shape" off just whatever Broaddus is reporting per his own camp opinions.
I was not hearing anyone else differently until Broaddus started opening his yap. And many are just piggy back riding off that yap comment.

Also even if Joseph was supposedly "out of shape' how do we even know that it could have been related to his Covid 19 like symptoms ?
Respiratory issues that has anything to do with CoVid 19 related could definitely bend you out of shape.

And from all reports, you don't always just wake up fully healthy and can even have lasting effects even if you're diagnosed as negative.
And how many stories have we heard from those affected and in recovery, that the effect could even last for weeks and even months on ?

That's why I'm taking this Joseph out of shape concerns with a total grain of salt. .. now if i hear missed meetings, late for practices, sent home by the coaches, to matters like that, then
i would have much concerns. ..

I agree. Even the common cold or flu can make someone look out of shape at any activity.

I honestly can’t recall a CB who was out of shape. One just can’t play the CB position if one is not in shape. It is all about speed and quickness and a CB has to run a lot. Doesn’t make any sense to me that a CB at that age would be out of shape. CBs don’t report to camp overweight as best as I can remember. Any out of shape CB will be exposed in the first few minutes of camp.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes he had 1 run in with HC at LSU where as a freshman he was suspended with 3 others for breaking team rule. He owned up to his mistake and then transferred to Kentucky and has not had any issues. Maybe he is not the only one who needs to grow up. Parson also had a problem in college yet not getting raked over the coals for some stupid thing he did as an 18 year old kid.

The difference is the Penn St. coaches love Micah. LSU and Kentucky had their fill of Joseph. There are many more issues than the one you reference. You're just doing what you always do. Defend the team's decisions at all cost.

johneric8

Reaction score
It hasn't been the best start for Bossmanfat, but it's not how you start the race it's how you finish, and in his case there hasn't been enough time to evaluate much in terms of how this is all gonna pan out. I watch fish sometimes, but I have to say the guys delivery really bothers me, he almost seems condescending at times. When watching him sometimes I almost feel that about anyone with decent speaking skills could take his job. It's kind of like watching my grandfather stumble through technology telling me to eat my Oats!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
hey you like besmirching names of those you do not know, well hers to ya..you are being troll, judging those who you have zero idea accept from the crumbs the media feeds ya of a players personal situations..

get passed it and stop acting like a DB!
I'm sorry but has Randy Gregory not been suspended every season because he could not follow the rules?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joseph is classic Jerry Jones era pick. He has huge upside but questionable maturity and work ethic. We like to gamble, particularly in round 2.

Plankton

Reaction score
I would love to get Adam Jones in Dallas for a "training seminar" with Joseph. Like him or not, Jones had immense talent and nearly lost it all due to immaturity. He mostly cleaned up his act later in his career and he could be an awesome teacher/example for Joseph.

You mean the same Adam Jones who was arrested for assault earlier this year?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...es-arrested-charged-with-misdemeanor-assault/

Yeah, he would be a great influence over an immature player.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The difference is the Penn St. coaches love Micah. LSU and Kentucky had their fill of Joseph. There are many more issues than the one you reference. You're just doing what you always do. Defend the team's decisions at all cost.

BS Stoops did not make any such claims and HC Orgeron at LSU had fully expected that Joseph was returning up until Joseph put in the transfer protocol paper work. Defending the team? for what drafting a young CB and is now being raked over the coals by people who have no fricken clue of the situation. I can't say in drafting Joseph was a good move or a bad move because there are no results to look at since the season has not even begun yet. Really appears to just be a case as always of you coming in looking to slam the team over crap you know nothing about. That seems to be your gig here post any negatives that creep into your head

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I would love to see the over under on Bossman Fat time spent watching tape preparing for his next opponent. I bet if you asked him who we play week one he wouldn't even know. Then ask him who play WR for that team he would have no idea. Then ask him what he has noticed studying film on those WRs and he would have nothing but a stupid look on his face.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BS Stoops did not make any such claims and HC Orgeron at LSU had fully expected that Joseph was returning up until Joseph put in the transfer protocol paper work. Defending the team? for what drafting a young CB and is now being raked over the coals by people who have no fricken clue of the situation. I can't say in drafting Joseph was a good move or a bad move because there are no results to look at since the season has not even begun yet. Really appears to just be a case as always of you coming in looking to slam the team over crap you know nothing about. That seems to be your gig here post any negatives that creep into your head

For the record, this is the guy who says Carlos Watkins should be a real impact player for us.

He's a live one.

ESisback

Reaction score
Jerry is the hopeless moth to the flame.

Scouts: this guy might have permanent nerve damage, there's a chance he'll never walk properly again.
Jerry: Is 1st round too high? Damn it, OK then. Let's pick him top of second round.

Scouts: this guy has proven himself uncoachable in multiple programs.
Jerry: Grab him. And quick.

Consultants on free agency signing: He's called his QB gay, refused to practice or play, got into fist fights with teammates, destroyed two premium coaches and two pro bowl quarterbacks.
Jerry: We need him. Get your popcorn ready.

Consultants on free agency signing: He's likely to spend most of his life in prison.
Jerry: We better get a good season or two out of him before that happens. Where's my checkbook?

Do some of you still find this entertaining? I find it worthless, hopeless and pathetic.
Hilarious, honestly, but still kind of speculative.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For the record, this is the guy who says Carlos Watkins should be a real impact player for us.

He's a live one.

My initial comment on Watkins I think Cowboys have done well in addressing the interior DL and I think Watkins has a chance to make an impact on this DL with his size and agility. Saying a person has a chance to make an impact is a bit different. Yes he has a chance, nothing guaranteed I don't expect Donaldson type play all I said was he has a "chance to make an impact". of course facts do not matter to you, you are here to slam the team at every turn that is what you do and what you are known for. As for me I have been critical at times of this team such as all the chances Gregory has gotten, bringing in TO was not a fan and said so, giving up picks 2 1st rd for Roy Williams and yes optimistic at other times be it a player or this team. I

ESisback

Reaction score
I agree. Even the common cold or flu can make someone look out of shape at any activity.

I honestly can’t recall a CB who was out of shape. One just can’t play the CB position if one is not in shape. It is all about speed and quickness and a CB has to run a lot. Doesn’t make any sense to me that a CB at that age would be out of shape. CBs don’t report to camp overweight as best as I can remember. Any out of shape CB will be exposed in the first few minutes of camp.

Put Zeke at corner! He’s fat and expensive!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My initial comment on Watkins I think Cowboys have done well in addressing the interior DL and I think Watkins has a chance to make an impact on this DL with his size and agility. Saying a person has a chance to make an impact is a bit different. Yes he has a chance, nothing guaranteed I don't expect Donaldson type play all I said was he has a "chance to make an impact". of course facts do not matter to you, you are here to slam the team at every turn that is what you do and what you are known for. As for me I have been critical at times of this team such as all the chances Gregory has gotten, bringing in TO was not a fan and said so, giving up picks 2 1st rd for Roy Williams and yes optimistic at other times be it a player or this team. I

I agree. This career JAG has a real chance to be an impact player here but he's no Aaron Donaldson.