Video: Fish: let’s quit ‘babying’ Cowboys La’el Collins truth

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I know I've heard it hear before Fish.
Yeah I have too but I’ve heard it as speculation from everywhere else. Fisher stated it as fact, as if he heard it from a source. However he didn’t say that a source told him, unless I just missed it.

What I’m wondering is: Did Fisher simply look at Collins and he appears out of condition? Because I saw Collins on video and couldn’t tell by looking at him. But did La’el look winded or something? Or did someone from the team confirm it?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM said in his presser, and was asked. He said, it was not conditioning, it is an actual injury.

However, did the injury occur from initial poor conditioning, or from the auto accident. That was not asked nor said.
Either way, I don't care for public shaming of players. Keep it in house. Best policy. Cowboys are doing the right thing. Get a grip Fish.

cern

Reaction score
1200 calories a day, bigun. that's all you're getting. maybe a protein shake thrown in for good measure.

Carson

Reaction score

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't let this go. This is a horrible take.

Journalism is unbiased production and distribution of reports on current or past events based on facts and supported with proofs or evidences.

Let's make sure that we differentiate journalists and journalism and not buy into the fallacy of 'fake news'.

I about spit up my coffee reading this nonsense, I couldn't let it go. This is an absolutely horrible take.

95% of media is propaganda to push agendas, period. Anybody pretending otherwise is a clown.

Sinister

Reaction score
I about spit up my coffee reading this nonsense, I couldn't let it go. This is an absolutely horrible take.

95% of media is propaganda to push agendas, period. Anybody pretending otherwise is a clown.

Read my last message...

Will not respond to anymore messages, unless in PM's

Sorry to the mods for pushing this somewhere else!!

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Recent public health issues affect people in different ways. Players are people first. If it is purely psychological, the guy deserves a chance to rebound. Better that than a serious injury. We are probably fortunate there is a season and will be more so if it concludes without repercussions.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is supposed to be a hip injury. It doesn’t take a genius to know if you have a hip injury, you can’t do many physical things that would keep you in football shape. I don’t know what the truth is but it’s not hard to believe he has a hip issue and that has led to him not being in shape. Why do we need to accuse him of just being lazy?
Not hard to figure out, Because he practiced for a well then went out for hip injury, never claimed it before a few days ago.
Now we did hear about him being out of shape long before though

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Everyone knows he came into camp out of shape. The bubble wasn't something we required or even gave any kind of real incentive for other than being free, so don't get mad at the guy for not participating in it. We know it's not a good look. So how is he being babied? When he's healthy and ready to go he'll play. There's no point in ridiculing the guy until then, everybody knows what the situation is.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though this could very well be true... the Cowboys gain nothing by shaming Collins publicly. They are committed to him financially and need him to step up and help us this year.

The wisest course of action is to protect him publicly, and chastise him privately— and help him get back into game shape and game mentality ASAP. This approach could very well be happening behind the scenes and we would never know bc good teams keep their discipline in house
Exactly right.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look if you blindly believe the MM then your are probably pretty naive.
By the way I don't ever watch MM or care what Fisher has to say on any topic.

Then, sir, how do you know the story isn't fake news and complete BS? If you don't listen to the reports, why comment on critiques of the reports? Asking for a friend.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Out of shape for the offensive line.

Unreal but how can McCarthy really discipline him for that? It'd be like Jerry telling you you've got a big ego.

Sinister

Reaction score
Look if you blindly believe the MM then your are probably pretty naive.

If you blindly dismiss the MM then your also probably pretty naive.

You look at who is doing the reporting, what are their biases, do the facts support their narrative

You don't necessarily want the narrative to support the facts, it's a subtle difference that we must go through when consuming any journalistic report whether it is MM or not.

There is a lack of journalistic integrity, but the bigger problem is the lack of critical thinking and that's why your take was wrong and actually extremely harmful.

By the way I don't ever watch MM or care what Fisher has to say on any topic.

Sorry, just want to clear one thing up. When I wrote MM, i was abbreviating for Mainstream Media not Mike McCarthy.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
You have limited options to address a professional athletes lack of focus\preparation. If he has any self respect, maybe a public shaming will embarrass him so that it doesn't happen again.

Geez, how out of shape were you not to be able to get into shape with six weeks of training camp? (not sure how long TC was but it seemed to last forever.)

If it truly was simply him letting himself go during the offseason, I have no pity for him. His selfishness is putting the team in jeopardy.
If it's due to being out of shape then absolutely public shame his *** and let everyone know because that isn't acceptable at this level and you also want to make sure the next guy doesn't do it.

BUT...it sure appears by most accounts to be a real injury and even Fish isn't saying it isn't a hip injury. So, assuming that is the case, this rumor should be killed. Did he come into camp out of shape? Yes, we already knew that. But that doesn't mean that is why his is on IR and that is a big distinction.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If it's due to being out of shape then absolutely public shame his *** and let everyone know because that isn't acceptable at this level and you also want to make sure the next guy doesn't do it.

BUT...it sure appears by most accounts to be a real injury and even Fish isn't saying it isn't a hip injury. So, assuming that is the case, this rumor should be killed. Did he come into camp out of shape? Yes, we already knew that. But that doesn't mean that is why his is on IR and that is a big distinction.

I certainly can't say he doesn't have some hip issue now but I think they would have said he had an injury earlier if that was the only issue. It does smell like they are using an "injury excuse" which is what Fish is calling out. If that is false then yes we are being too hard on him.

jrumann59

Reaction score
5+ weeks to get into shape, I don't buy it. Are there reports he failed his conditioning test. The only two I know of were TC and Poe and they were PUP'd due to off season surgery. I think Fish saw him doing some conditioning drills Collins is allowed to do and saw he was gassed. A hip injury will do that to some one. Again for these type of athletes with no injury they should be able to get in shape within 2 weeks.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Showing up out of shape is a recipe for injury.
Both things can be true.

While this isn't a great look for Collins, I'm not sure I'm getting out pitchforks because dudes were out of shape during a pandemic and lock down.
The bigger the guy the less they can work year round. It's far more wear and tear on big guys so they simply have to have a lot more rest.
Sometimes reporters need stories to keep the clicks coming and they latch onto things.
LC gave them ammo and they are using it.
C'est la vie.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The NFL had its players go from being on the couch for 6 months to playing a game in 4 weeks with only a week of conditioning. But yeah let’s blame the 330 pound linemen for taking time to get in shape.