Video: Fish: let’s quit ‘babying’ Cowboys La’el Collins truth

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The NFL had its players go from being on the couch for 6 months to playing a game in 4 weeks with only a week of conditioning. But yeah let’s blame the 330 pound linemen for taking time to get in shape.

So, he didn't have a calendar or any way of knowing TC was about to start? I guess everyone else on the team was just lucky they were able to pass conditioning test and get on with their business.

Jeez, how bout we stop making excuses or at least come up with better ones than this.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Why would Fish risk/do that, knowing it could risk his contacts and inside info from Cowboys??
i've given up long ago trying to figure out our media. but then it would seem just as odd to use the media to belittle a top player you just signed.

so yea, strange times indeed.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This kid played his best ball last year and now he's the next whipping boy. Here's an idea, let's get the facts and/or clues from MM and go from there. Anything else IMO is speculation, which is dangerous. My point is why can't we just go with MM last update on the kid and leave at that?

BTW....can anyone posts an official source/link that he failed a conditioning test ?

quickccc

Reaction score
It's been well established that Collins showed up out of shape, reported by multiple sources. If people want to look the other way on that, that's on them. Then, it was made clear by his automobile accident that he wasn't participating in the Cowboys 'bubble' program. And now he's set to miss at least 3 out of a 16-game season. None of it looks good, and I personally applaud Fish here for telling it like it is. Coaches are probably pissed and disappointed, and they have every right to be. Dude just got paid a nice contract last year, be a professional.

Collins wasn't the only OL guy that turned in out of conditioning, Cam Erving and Brandon Knight (before he eventually sprained his ankle in
camp) were already hitting the resistant cords and having to re-conditioned their brawn bodies as well.

Now is this a Cowboys only team theme going on here ... Or is this league wide ? ..and how come we're not hearing Looney, Williams, McGovern
or even Tyron being out of shape to start camp ?

Reactions: BAT

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Collins wasn't the only OL guy that turned in out of conditioning, Cam Erving and Brandon Knight (before he eventually sprained his ankle in
camp) were already hitting the resistant cords and having to re-conditioned their brawn bodies as well.

Now is this a Cowboys only team theme going on here ... Or is this league wide ? ..and how come we're not hearing Looney, Williams, McGovern
or even Tyron being out of shape to start camp ?

I haven’t seen it written that Knight or Erving we’re out of shape like with Collins. Can you share those reports on Erving and Knight?

quickccc

Reaction score
I haven’t seen it written that Knight or Erving we’re out of shape like with Collins. Can you share those reports on Erving and Knight?

Cam and Knight are not stand out stars like Lael Collins is. So of course all eyes are gonna be on him far more so.
Lael is viewed by many as one of the better RTs in the NFL right now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cam and Knight are not stand out stars like Lael Collins is. So of course all eyes are gonna be on him far more so.
Lael is viewed by many as one of the better RTs in the NFL right now.

No reports of them being out of shape as with him then?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

So it's not all 'outright lies' then.

I know he's a thin-skinned man-baby, but he also breaks some news occasionally. Never the huge 'exclusives' he likes to tout, but not all 'outright lies' either.

I'll always remember than he knew about Doug Free's retirement several days before Garrett did.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
So it's not all 'outright lies' then.

I know he's a thin-skinned man-baby, but he also breaks some news occasionally. Never the huge 'exclusives' he likes to tout, but not all 'outright lies' either.

I'll always remember than he knew about Doug Free's retirement several days before Garrett did.

Did not say “all”. I said “much”. It extends to most of the modern media. Not just Fisher. He is just a product of the click ***** culture.

cern

Reaction score
Just saw pics on fishing thread. He didn't look out of shape. Maybe it is just a hip problem. No smoking gun.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I can't disagree with that. Controversy and scandal sells unfortunately.

I will say this...I love what Jason Whitlock is doing. That guy has gone parabolic in my eyes. He is showing rare courage in that repulsive industry.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
So, he didn't have a calendar or any way of knowing TC was about to start? I guess everyone else on the team was just lucky they were able to pass conditioning test and get on with their business.

Jeez, how bout we stop making excuses or at least come up with better ones than this.
If you don’t think being in an offseason NFL conditioning program matters rather than being left to your own at home, idk what to tell you. Some guys need more hands on work than others. Same as guys getting in the playbook. I’m sure some guys were able to get it all down on zoom and others need that physical demonstration.

With an injury, who knows if it’s something that’d been lingering during the offseason and the training staff couldn’t catch it with him at home.

People are going to be shocked by the number of injuries/poor play week 1-4. It’s why I’ve said they should have started in October and given guys a real chance at conditioning and training camp

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The NFL had its players go from being on the couch for 6 months to playing a game in 4 weeks with only a week of conditioning. But yeah let’s blame the 330 pound linemen for taking time to get in shape.

100%.....I'm willing to bet a red penny over 50% all NFL players weren't in top condition. Hell, CV19 locked the country down for what, 3-4 weeks. Just seems calling out a player for being out shape THIS YEAR is a bit misguided.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If you don’t think being in an offseason NFL conditioning program matters rather than being left to your own at home, idk what to tell you. Some guys need more hands on work than others. Same as guys getting in the playbook. I’m sure some guys were able to get it all down on zoom and others need that physical demonstration.

With an injury, who knows if it’s something that’d been lingering during the offseason and the training staff couldn’t catch it with him at home.

People are going to be shocked by the number of injuries/poor play week 1-4. It’s why I’ve said they should have started in October and given guys a real chance at conditioning and training camp

^this .....

blueblood70

Reaction score
100%.....I'm willing to bet a red penny over 50% all NFL players weren't in top condition. Hell, CV19 locked the country down for what, 3-4 weeks. Just seems calling out a player for being out shape THIS YEAR is a bit misguided.
dak built a field most likely a big gym, what did these others do??